Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fat Bottomed Girl

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ApexLupine
    He could've continued on, continued to feed the beast of this verbal back and forth. And if he were anywhere else, Kes would've done just that. As it was, they had arrived at the Command Hub and the redhead opted to simply keep his tight-lipped expression. Even as she spoke of the Pride Mother's visit he gave no reaction. Instead, when she'd finished, he moved past her and led the way to his office. Up the few shallow stairs, and through the doors that had opened at his approach.

If the senator was more than willing to overlook his service record, there was not much more he could say. He had always been loyal to the cause, always putting all of himself into making sure right was done by as many as he could. Even here, on Jovan, Kes had found himself in much the same position to provide all that he could. And he had. He'd done all within his power to make sure that everyone residing on the station had a voice, and was at least heard. Even during the attack, he had fought side by side with those under his command. He had received his own injuries, and written too many condolence comms in the aftermath.

For some, that seemed not good enough, and while it rankled him, he knew that there was not much more he could do to lay the facts out as they were.

He was here to serve, and skirting his desk, he lowered himself to sit in the chair that always awaited him.

"Very well," he started almost wearily as the door closed once Taataani had crossed the threshold, "... there are plenty of reasons for these new ships. I understand that well enough and have no issue with them being attached to Jovan."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A larrrge penjisss jisss alwajysss welcome!

AKA
    Charley
    Bothawui, or one of her many villas in the Carshoulis Cluster
    "Of courrsse jyou don't." Taataani affirmed, seating herself in the chair arrayed across from Akiena. "No ssane admjinjisstrratorr turrnss down rressourrcess to accompljissh thejirr tasskss. No, jyou balk at the perrcjieved cosst of them. jYou arre terrrjifjied of the prrosspect that jI majy extend jyou a favorr, and of the jimpljicjit futurre rreturrn. Mm?"

The Senator's ears perked.

"How closse am jI? Fajirrljy? Then let me put jyourr mjind to rresst, Commanderr. What jI want jiss the contjinued ssafetjy and prrossperrjitjy of thjiss sstatjion. A rrjissjing tjide on Jovan floatss Alljiance boatss jusst asss ssurreljy asss jit doess Cizeri oness. jI am not takjing ssome kjind of harrdsshjip wjith thesse bomberrss. We all benefjit frrom a sstrrong Jovan Sstatjion."

Taataani paused, pressing her tongue between her lips to moisten them. She leaned forward.

"Thjiss jiss an eassjy vjictorrjy forr usss both. Therre arre no guarranteess that we'll have eassjierr oness. Thjiss jojint venturre jiss morre complex than anjyone on ejitherr Bothawuji orr Carshoulis underrsstand. We arren't ssjimpljy mannjing the rramparrt on ssome kjind of grreat galactjic wall. We arre bujildjing a new ssocjietjy, jin a wajy."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Kes made a strange, inscrutable face and chose to backtrack her words.

"Honestly? I care little for the cost. If Alliance Command wants them here, then that is on their larger dime. I'm only here to make sure that everyone and everything is integrated as easily as possible."

The tone of a man adept at smoothing over rough edges now shone, as he leaned forward, arms resting on the top of his desk and hands coming together. It was a posture that he'd adopted early on, and one that he found oddly comfortable.

"I'm a peace keeper, Senator. On every level I am called on to ensure that the more jagged edges are sanded down. Am I perfect? Of course not. No one person is. But I do my best. And obviously my efforts in the past have merited a command position here, on Jovan."

He held her gaze, unflinching.

"As for return favors, I will admit that the worrisome notion has crossed my mind quite recently. If the Cizeri merchants aboard this station are but a taste, I must tell you that I'm not sure I want to indulge in a full bite... " a finger went up then, to quell any interjection, "... but, I also know well enough that what I deal with here is not always the case by and large.

"Easy victories are all well and good, but it is the hard-fought battles that make the man or woman."
    Last edited by Kes Akiena; Feb 6th, 2017 at 12:36:40 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    The Commander was choosing to stand on his words, attempting to shape victory out of stalemate. It was quickly beginning to bore. She'd wounded his pride, and he needed to show his teeth in reciprocation. So be it.

"Then let both of uss make cerrtajin that we don't choke on ourr prrjincjipless when the tjime comess forr thosse battless, Commanderr. Now..."

The Senator rose from her feet, smoothing her fur coat with her hands.

"...asss jyou've made jit sso plajinljy obvjiouss, jyou have matterrss to attend to beforre jyou wjissh to enterrtajin a demonsstrratjion. Mjy tjime jiss alsso not cheap. jIf jyou need me, jI wjill be sspendjing the dajy courrtjing the women of the sstatjion communjitjy."

From the even posture of the Rrou'fai's ears, it was clear that Taataani was less than thrilled by the prospect.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

In a moment of outreach, Kes allowed his expression to soften a small bit. Yes, she seemed little concerned with her insults; whether unintended or otherwise, but he was never the sort of man to indefinitely hold anger or frustration over such things for too long. She had pressed against him, and he had insisted that she respect the rules that his position had to abide by.

Leaning back in his seat, the red-head allowed a wholly different expression to pass over his features. One of perplexed exasperation.

"Perhaps at a later date, you can instruct me on such tactics."

A slight hesitation before he went on, hoping that he'd not offended her.

"Your daughter has helped me greatly, but she is also a military woman, and I would always welcome advice from someone who has made it their profession to know how to navigate the business community."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Taataani paused as she'd turned toward the door. Out of sight from Kes, a smile formed on her face.

"jYou won't fjind a betterr alljy jin the galaxjy than me, Commanderr."

She glanced over her shoulder to him.

"Let uss nurrturre ourr parrtnerrsshjip."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123