Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rude Awakening [Nallia]

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Glancing to her, the group all realized that he had informed her after all and that she apparently wasn't all that flustered about it, which was a good thing. "Things are already in place," he assured. "Just need to keep an eye on things while we're planetside, then once we close up, it won't be an issue." He hoped.

"Another milk run," Bodil grinned as he ate. "Almost like going out in the yard and picking flowers," he glanced to Nallia.

"Nothing's ever that simple," Brannoc's more serious demeanor quietened the conversation a bit again, then he also raised his eyes across to Nallia. "You still got that pistol I gave you?"

Syravari noted that he neglected to say when he had given her that weapon though he recalled it being mentioned.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia was smiling as they bantered about how easy it would be. She knew in her gut that nothing that easy really was easy, but she wasn't going to be the bad seer in the bunch. She had just finished her last bite when Brannoc asked about the pistol.

Immediately her eyes shot to Syra. She had actually forgotten about it. Brannoc had given her the parting gift when Syra had gone missing. “I have it, Brannoc.” She looked back at the man. “I managed to keep it hidden in my bag on the station when you guys left. No one expected a half scared whisp of a thing like me to have a weapon, so no one asked. So technically I didn't lie about not having one.” She bit her lip and rose to busy herself with cleaning the dishes to the tub by the wall and moving to bring the dessert from the same table.

The girls and her had made a fresh berry pie with local fruits raised in the artificial gardens on Cloud City. She was cutting a piece and setting it before Syra when she almost paused. She knew he hadn't been happy with her inability to fire properly at the range at first. That's why he'd made her keep trying. And here she had hidden the fact she had a weapon, despite no knowledge to use it. “Bethany made the pie. So I assure you it's edible.” She quickly covered her hesitation. Her own foray into the dessert realm the last time they had all been together, hadn't gone over well. It was barely palatable and genuinely in need of more cream to cover the tart taste.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Once dinner was done, Syravari sat back and wiped his mouth with the napkin, then folded it again and set it on the table as the girls began bringing dessert, his steel-blue eyes rarely leaving Nallia as she moved. As she approached with the slice of pie, he grinned at her statement. "Not to worry. I can't boil water, so."

"No kidding," Bethany stated as she carried several pieces over for the other guys and herself while the other two did the same.

Syravari glanced to her at the comment and was getting used to the playful banter that they had between them, so wasn't offended. "In fact, it's probably best that you keep any of the guys away from that part of the kitchen."

Grinning as he began to eat, Tomas chuckled. "Unless it goes boom or fires blaster bolts, not our expertise that's for sure."

Taking his first bite, the captain enjoyed the pie as the girls then joined them. "Had this one girl in my mom's brothel that could cook anything," he reminisced. "She used to have me bring in all the fish that I caught and she'd clean and fry them with hush puppies. Wow," he shook his head and then glanced to Nallia. "Gonna have to take you to Ord Cestus one day, where I grew up."

"Your mom still run that place, Cap," Brannoc inquired, apparently never hearing this story before, even after all the years they had been together.

"Yeah," he nodded, glancing to the loadmaster. "Last I heard anyway."

"How long since you talked to her," Bodil asked.

He thought a long moment, "About two years ago, but I've heard through others that her place is still booming in Grosetto," he revealed, then chuckled at the insinuation, prompting a few others to follow suit.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    She laughed as Syra mentioned he could boil water. “Good, then next time you want tea, you won't have toask, will you?” She laughed and winked before settling back beside him with her own dessert and drink.

Nallia listened as he spoke of home and his mother. She had never been to a brothel, even on the station where she had been left. There had been no point. She was not naïve, she knew what happened there, just hadn't been there herself.

When he mentioned taking her there to meet his mom, she had a moment of panic. To be at Syra's side was something she would fight to keep. But what if the woman didn't like her? Would Syra change his mind about what they had?

Pushing the thought swiftly from her mind, she smiled and nodded. “I'd love to meet her.” And as Syra made the comment that her business was in Grosetto, she smiled. “That's why you named the ship what you did. Isn't it? So you could always have a piece of home with you no matter where you went.” She hadn't gotten the slight joke the others laughed at, but she smiled none the less.

She was seeing and thinking about another side of Syravari. He was more than the Captain of the ship, and more than her lover. He was someone's son. She would remember that if she ever got to meet the woman. Having never known her father, and only known that the woman they pointed to as she grew had been the one to give birth to her, Nallia had never had a mother or father figure in her life. Kids on the station were birthed, raised by the group and if you were lucky, became the interest of an Overseer and birthed more whelps themselves. It was how the stations stayed manned. Sometimes the women were traded with other ships. And sometimes the kids were swapped with other stations and ships as well. It kept the blood lines from becoming polluted to the point of deformities.

Moving her mind away from that, she went back to the topic at hand. “I will also have to ask your mom for recipes then. To make sure you don't stray elsewhere for food.” She laughed and took another bite of her dessert and smiled at him, her hand touching his knee briefly in reassurance she was teasing. “After all, can't have you going to some other woman cause her cookin' reminds you of home.”

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Nodding to her statement about home, he hadn't ever thought of it that way, but it was true had he been honest with himself. Most of those aboard his ship with him now had those same stories about someone that had raised them and how they got to where they were now. A few could relate to Nallia's sordid upbringing and Syravari hoped that their new life would overshadow all those dark times. Before he could reply to her concerns about someone else, Britanny cut in.

"Hun if he hasn't by now it's not going to happen," she grinned, glancing to their captain and then back to the piece of pie before her.

Smiles and thoughts no doubt ran on that line as Syravari lightly chuckled, for they had all seen his darker side before. A lighter mood in the ship was definitely a welcomed change. Once he finished with his slice, he steepled his fingers before his mouth and thought for a long moment. "Once this mission is over, thought we might also tap into a more remote trade route and see what we could come up with. After the sale, that is."

"What'd you have in mind," Tomas inquired.

"Not sure yet. We can take a look at the nav, maybe get a tip on Cloud City before we leave." Steel-blue eyes scanned the group. "Keep your ears open for any leads once we get back, maybe we'll learn something useful that no one else is working on yet."

Nodding, they all agreed as the visit would be a short one once they did get back. But, Tokmia was on the agenda first and they still had yet to arrive there.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia laughed as they bantered. It was good to be home.

After dinner, the guys retired to the lounge and the girls cleaned up. While in the kitchen, more friendly jokes at everyone's expense, were passed around. And as they parted with good night hugs, everyone was laughing and happy.

Nallia headed for the lounge to see if the guys were still up. Dinner had been over more than two hours, but she knew they could talk as long as women sometimes. And with tomorrow's job coming up, it wouldn't surprise her.

Poking her head around the corner through the half opened door, she looked to see if anyone was around. “Syra?” Her hair was down and her shirt untucked. The front was still a bit damn from the slight water fight that had ensued in the kitchen as well. But there was a happiness in her eyes few would fail to notice if they bothered to look. She was settling in and tonight was more than proof of that.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Most having already gone to bed or taking care of hobbies, Syravari relaxed in the lounge as his favorite band's music played from the host of hidden speakers around the plush room's interior. Eyes closed, his head lay on the thickly padded leather couch's headrest. His mind adrift, her voice cut through the flashes of thoughts running through his mind. Lids opened as he glanced toward the door and the vision there put a grin on his face as he reached out with his left hand. Though his mentor back home would be chiding him to no end about getting attached, he didn't care right now.

Noticing her wet shirt, the pirate wondered what had been going on, his grin turning to a smile. "You girls decide to bathe together without me?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia saw him dozing just before he looked up. She was going to let him be when his hand rose towards her, beckoning. His question about her shirt made her laugh. "No, sir. Just teasing and a small water fight."

She didn't come around to his lap this time. Rather, she came up behind the couch, took his hand in hers, and set them on his chest as her other hand wrapped around to hug him from behind. She kissed his neck, then the top of his head. "I guess the others turned in early, huh?"

Laying her cheek on his head, she closed her eyes and asked softy, "Are you upset that Brannoc gave me a pistol?" He had avoided mentioning the cargo master's query since it has been mentioned. "He gave it to me when they went to search for you. He said it was for protection in case your enemies had figured me out. It's why I thought they weren't coming back."

She half held her breath waiting for his answer. He hadn't allowed the man to give her a weapon the week before, so she braced herself for him to be angry.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Drawing her arms in closer to him, he grinned at the attention and relaxed in her arms. "Nope," he replied. "Just hadn't mentioned it before so didn't think you had one. No big deal." The mention of the past, being a guest of the thugs in the remote facility almost a year ago flashed memories of the torture he had endured, the scars more internal than external now.

Lids opened again as he sobered. "Just because these Oku may seem ignorant as shit when we get them onboard, don't go in the cargo bay for anything while they're with us. We've only survived this long together because we didn't underestimate anyone we've taken." Turning his head to the left and up, he eyed her seriously. "Got it? Don't need you getting hurt."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    She nodded as he mentioned the weapon and brushed it off as it is was nothing. "I had honestly forgotten it was still in my bag. I kept it on me because I didn't want anyone there to know I had checked a weapon, so I pretended I had a whole bag of weapons. The guard laughed and waved me through without even bothering to check. The bag was in my room till," she didn't want to say the real reason, so just kept going, "I moved in to the kitchen behind the Cantina."

She had run out of credit. She had enough left for one more night in the room, or three more days of meals. She had chosen to get a job and move out of her room. Despite the meals now being whatever they deigned to give her and the cook at night, she still hadn't been well enough off to get a room again. All her credit had been held for her. She had it now, but then...

Nallia felt him go still and tugged a bit tighter to remind he had her there, no matter what, always. Her mind no longer winding down her own path. She knew she would never leave him, or the ship, no matter what came of their relationship. When he mentioned the slaves they would be capturing the next day, she nodded.

Moving around the sofa to sit on the arm beside him, she kept her hand firmly under his against his chest. "I promise, Syravari." She only used his whole name when serious or mad. She definitely wasn't mad. "The girls told me they will handle the water and food they get depending on how long we are out. I was made to promise to remain in my room, the kitchen, or with you. No where else." She smiled to let him know she didn't mind. "Bethany can be very persuasive. She said the only way I was allowed anywhere besides my room or kitchen was at your side. So looks like you are stuck with me." She laughed and brushed the edge of his cheek lightly with her hand. "I'm told I can be a handful." She winked and hoped to bring a smile back to his eyes. She didn't like him brooding, and whatever thought he had had was making her worry.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Still reclined in the sofa, he smiled at her last comment, his steel-blue eyes caressing her curves. "More than one, actually." Taking in a deep breath, he slowly exhaled as the music continued pumping, though tuned low enough to help him think. "May not be as relaxed once we have them aboard, so don't take it personally. Bad thing about mixing business with pleasure on the same ship," he shrugged. She was going to have to get used to this new life sooner or later and it looked like that sooner was coming pretty quickly.

"Yeah, the girls know the drill, so just stick with them. To be honest, I don't see this run being nearly as bad as some in the past, especially once we take our next prize. Boarding a ship and taking it is more dangerous than anything you've done before." His eyes glanced toward the windows behind him, then back. "Assholes trying to board or defend themselves in G-suits, trying to hole us and make the ship lose pressure. Shit like that. There are never moments in your life that'll make the adrenaline pump harder than a fight in space." Trying to always be in control, for some reason he was finding it hard not to be honest with her and perhaps that was what his mentor back home was getting at. "But, with natural charm and a big gun, be surprised how much you can accomplish when you put your mind to it."

Was he becoming a mentor now?

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    She felt the blush rise as he commented on just how much of his hands she filled for him. But when he mentioned it being more business than pleasure while they did the run, her instinct was, as usual, to offer to make his life easier. "I can move back into my room while we do this, if you prefer. Then you won't have to feel bad if you get too busy with things." She didn't like the idea, which hit her oddly in the pit of her stomach. She had grown accustomed to being in his bed, at his side, at night. But she also knew that if it had to be business only, her out of sight and out of mind might be best.

"The next prize? You want to capture another ship?" She frowned slightly as it didn't seem to make sense. She was obviously missing something. "You want to trade in the Grosetto?" While she knew he had bigger aspirations, she never considered stealing a bigger vessel was cheaper than buying one. If he captured a big enough one, then she was sure the boys would simply find a way to manufacture the papers and data links needed to make it a legit ship by the time they got back to Cloud City. The idea was interesting, but to her, it made no sense.

When he said there were no better ways to get the adrenalin pumping, she laughed and stroked his cheek. "If anything makes my adrenalin run faster than you, my dear, Syravari, I will surely die from the collapse of my heart." She smiled down at him. If tonight was the last night for a while, she wanted to make it last. "And with your charm and my gun I am sure we can accomplish quite a bit." She wriggled her eyebrows teasing and laughed. Her hand came up and made her fingers into a pistol shape. Blowing on the tip of her index finger, she pretended she had just made a crack shot.

She had reversed their possessions to see his reaction. She was no marksman with a weapon, and she doubted his name and charm were used in the same sentence with those who knew him well. Bethany herself had said the man was so slick, the word couldn't stick to him long enough to make itself known.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Brow furrowed on both her initial counts. "Oh, f*** no. I'm not getting rid of my ship and need you beside me when I wake up, so." He chuckled. "We sell prizes we take. Shops specialize in changing out the transponder code, then selling the ship to someone else. We make money just taking it and selling it to them. That list of contacts that I showed you? One of them is for ships."

When Nallia became more intimate, he turned his head toward her and enjoyed her touch, smiling at how her personality had changed since they met. Going from a scared girl to this woman was definitely a welcomed change and he chuckled again as she acted like a sharpshooter. However, things would be proved once the shooting actually did start, he knew. "Won't be too much longer and we'll be landing on Tokmia, so may want to keep practising that," his steel-blue eyes glanced to her hand. Their coming adventures were going to prove how strong she really was.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia laughed out loud at Syra's determination to keep not just his ship, but her at his side. His gruff demeanor was something she adored. As he mentioned the need to practice, she leaned closer and hovered just over his lips. "If we are going to be there soon, perhaps we should practice now." She kissed him and slid into his lap in a single smooth motion, her knees settling on either side of his hips. Her hands rested on the back of the couch keeping her just far enough away to kiss him without pressing too hard against him.

Whether they passed out in the lounge, or managed to make it to their room, she didn't care. If it was going to be all business in the days to come, she wanted one final time to reassure him she was there, in whatever capacity he would have her. Breaking the kiss slightly she smiled looking at him with open invitation. "And after tonight, if pacing the floor and worrying are all you want, I will be there for that as well." She knew he would stay up. He used to all the time when they were carrying cargo. And if he worried that much about inanimate boxes and crates, how much stress would he put himself through with the cargo they would have this time? She didn't know, but she would see to it he ate, and rested, as much as she was able...

... starting right now.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Truly enjoying their intimate hours they had spent, Syravari didn't worry about anything else as she took him up on the unspoken offer. Needing to forget everything outside the Grosetto more often than not, he explored her once more with his hands and lips, letting the continuous music in the background set the tone. Ecstasy filled the room as they loved and eventually, he lay there on the couch with her in his arms, the afterglow brightening the room more than the luma lamps ever could.

Eventually falling asleep, he dreamed of being at home again, the familiar smells from his mother's brothel mingled with all the muffled noises in the background, he was a kid again. Ayrton in the garage, working on one of the speeders, offered Syravari a chance to help him for once. This definitely was a dream for that never happened, he mused.

"You looking forward to running this place one day," the older mechanic and ex-mercenary inquired.

"Why," Syravari glanced to his mentor as he held up a hose that was being installed, keeping it out of the way.

"Mom's not going to want to be doing this forever. Just wondered."

Brow furrowed in confusion. "She's not going to want anyone else running this place. Especially me."

Aryton chuckled. "Boy, you have no idea how the world works, do you?"

"I know more than you ever did...." The words awoke Syravari to the ship's lounge once more. Glancing over to the large chronometer displayed on the holovprojector, he realized it had been several hours already. Sighing, he glanced over to Nallia laying against his chest, her long brown hair askew.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia had enjoyed every moment of their evening. They had fallen asleep beneath one of the covers off a nearby chair, stretched out on the couch. Her body was nearly on top of his. Her arm was over his stomach, leg laced over his and her head rested on his chest as her hair cascaded over her face and down his side. She felt his stirring as if from a dream and murmured softly in her half asleep state, “Ssshhhhh... I am here....” Her own lack of full consciousness not letting her know he was already awake and watching her.

Slowly she began to stir. She felt his breath and the way his body felt beneath her and knew he was awake. She opened her eyes a moment, the closed them again and sighed. “Is it time to get ready, yet?” She couldn't see the chrono, didn't want to see it. If it was time, she would do as needed. But if it wasn't, she didn't want to know how much longer they had. She tilted her head and kissed his chest. “I wonder if you have any idea what you have done to me, Syravari.”

The words were soft and full of emotions. She wanted him to know, before all hell broke lose, that she was there for him in whatever capacity was needed. She wasn't up to par to stand at his side. But she had his back and wanted him to know.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Watching her as she awoke, the sleepy look in her eyes and long, curly hair around her face, Syavari knew he was indeed in trouble. Though he had never uttered those three little words to anyone before, he was feeling the need all of a sudden. Though, the hardened street thug held his peace as she asked about the scheduled stop. "Soon," he whispered, his deep, gravely voice kept low as they were only inches from one another's faces.

Her statement after that made him smile, hugging her close and kissed her again passionately, drawing her within. She had no idea what she had done to him either. Actions definitely spoke louder than words.

Not long after, the intercom came to life as Tomas's voice cut in, muting the music as it was programmed to do. "Cap, half hour from Tokmia. We're lingering on the outer part of the system and making sure no one else's found this place already."

"Alright," he replied, the word that allowed them their privacy once more as he looked back to Nallia. "Well, time to make some money," he winked, kissing her once more and then slid out from underneath her body and the blanket, searching for his clothes.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia smiled as he merely held her closer. She wasn't expecting him to be boyfriend she saw in holos or heard of from others. He was a predator. And she was a liability if he allowed himself to get too close. At least, that's what her mind told her. in reality, she was just glad to be there.

His whisper of "Soon" allowed her time to let reality seep in just before the comm went off. A small giggle rose and she kissed his neck, propping up on her elbow to look down at him. "Sounds like soon is now. And yes... credits are a good thing to have." She laughed and watched him walk to get his clothes.

She took in the line of his body and a possessiveness came over her in a way she never felt before. It embarrassed her and she stood up with the small cover over her and untangled her own shirt from his in the small pile of cloth strewn before the couch. "Wonder if anyone would notice me wearing your shirt?" She laughed at the idea, but still slipped her own on. Chances are no one would make a comment. Everyone had already gotten used to her being in his room and coming in and out of his office with more permissions than most of them had. So it was no secret they were in a relationship. She just mused it would be an interesting thing to see their faces.

She slipped her boots on and gave up on finding her hair tie when she realized it had probably ended up between cushions, on the floor, or who knew where. There was probably a good chance someone would find it when they were all in their next. She just braced herself now for the jeers and teasing that would certainly ensue from such a discovery. Standing up when done, her eyes having never left him as he dressed, she moved towards him. Smiling, she looked up, set her hands on his chest and rose on tip toes to kiss him once more. "Be safe and come back to me tonight." She kissed him sweetly and turned to head for the kitchen.

*Probably no reason to say it,* she thought to herself. *Easy run... right?*

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Chuckling as she inquired about his shirt, Syravari knew in fact everyone was already taking bets as to how long they would last. His past with girls aboard the Grosetto wasn't a great one and his average thus far had been no longer than a couple weeks. The middle aged pirate however, liked his odds against their bets and though the others had been totally different, Nallia had a vornskr beneath that pleasant veneer and he couldn't wait until she discovered it. That day would be one that would definitely endear her to the crew as a regular for now she was just another pretty face. A yacht passing in the night.

That, he knew, was the going theory anyway.

He dressed as she did so as well, then kissed her in return as she then left him alone in the lounge as the cleaning droids entered shortly after. Moving to the whetbar, he poured himself a lunch and took the glass with him to the cockpit. Her perfume still lingering on his clothing and body, Syravari switched over to business mode once in the presence of his crew, turning to him now as he walked in. "Whattya got," he asked.

"Nothing so far," Tomas replied, glancing to him as Syravari moved to his chair, centered in the bridge with a half circle of monitors and controls arrayed before him. Relaxing, steel-blue eyes mused on the information streaming before him as gathered by the array of sensor suites hidden throughout the yacht. "Pretty quiet, though not surprised with this system. Tokmia is a cold weather planet, so Brannoc's got the arctic gear ready."

Nodding, Syravari took another sip of his drink and set the glass into the holder on the armrest. "Twenty's the target number, anyone else trying to board gets shot gets pushed back. Use the protocol droid to make sure they understand that we can only take twenty at a time, then once the first group's in the hold, close it up and we're gone."

"Got it."

Soon, he was assured that no other space traffic was in system, so motioned to the pilot. "Tomas, let's head in."

With that, the veteran pilot guided the sleek yacht toward Tokmia, then tapped on the intercom suite. "Five minutes out." Words that sparked the crew and droids into their own mode and Syravari knew the girls would keep Nallia close during their gathering and eventual escape.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Blog Entries
    Nallia had swung by her room to grab a clean shirt before ending up back in the kitchen. The other ladies were there already fixing the 'offering' they were bating the cargo bay with for the pick up. The brunette knew this was bait, knew it was merely to guide them into the trap that would slam shut behind them and carry them away to whatever fate was their next stop. She didn't say much, but set to the tasks that Bethany put before her. For their credit, the girls kept conversation light and after a few minutes of awkwardness had passed, Bethany took a breath and looked at Nallia.

"Ok, young lady. I know this is awkward, and I know it's probably your first time..." She laid the knife down she was cutting with and came to stand beside Nallia, a serious look on her face. "And I know it can be a little daunting..." Suddenly her face broke into a grin. "But when you spend the night in the common room, take the time to change more than your shirt when you come down afterwards."

All the others broke out in a fit of laughter and Nallia couldn't help it. Her face went redder than the cabbage on the table and she felt her head spin with relief. "Bethany, I swear if you weren't my friend." She hugged the woman tightly and felt a little better. It was easier now to settle into usual banter and take it in stride they were merely making lunch like any other day... just more of it.

When they heard the five minute warning from Syra, the girls nodded to one another and Bethany nodded smiling to Nallia. "Just stay in here. Understand? There is no reason for you to do anything but fill platters and pitchers. Don't make Syra worry, Nalli... please. You have him so spun up, he would lose the whole ship for you. Please don't make that a choice he has to make. Promise me you will stay in here."

Nallia had never seen the woman so candid nor serious. All she could do was nod, "I will stay here, Bethany. I promise."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast