Victoria Von Doom
    Mistress Doom:: Near Human - Kissai - Experimental & Radical Science ::
    Apprentice Priestess - Sadist
    Currently in:

-Later depiction of Lady Doom-

Character Background

Raw Material

• Force Drain
      Victoria can drain energies of other people and the surrounding areas.

Plot Ideas

• My main leaning is to have Maliceous bring back the ancient sith cult of the Kissai.
    • Side Plotting: I’d love to eventually have Maliceous undergo Dathomirian Magic Training.
    • I’d like to eventually have a Rival or two Lined up for her. Maybe a Jedi that she comes into contact with? Or another apprentice she doesn’t approve of or doesn’t approve of her? Or maybe an Imperial Knight that literally has a hard on to find something to imprison her for? Idk, it’d be interesting nonetheless.

Existing Relationships

• Unless you’re another female she won’t be interested.

Current Plots

• . Briefly explain a few current plots or threads. These might spin off into new plots and threads.

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun ofRPG-D

Last edited by Victoria Von Doom; Dec 15th, 2016 at 11:38:49 AM.

(Psst, might want to set your text color to "Automatic," as black is impossible to read on most of the dark backgrounds in the themes here.)

Kera Blacc
    Its black on your end?
    Oops.

Victoria Von Doom
    Strange.. Doesn't give me an option to change the text color, unless I've gone blind.

(It's on the text options line, between "Size" and "Smileys." It's a black "A" with a drop-down. Highlight the text you want to change the color of and select "Automatic." That will make it legible to anyone, regardless of what theme they are using.)

Victoria Von Doom
    idk.. its not there for me which is odd.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    When you edit, Go Advanced, that might help. Though "A" is on the regular posting window, so just click on that and it gives a drop down menu with the colors.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    If you're using our TheHolo.net address, sign into the SW-Fans.net address. That might help.

Victoria Von Doom
    I'll look into it, thank you for your assistance.

Victoria Von Doom
    Hows that?

The same, and now awkwardly centered. You changed the font, but not the font color.

Kera Blacc
    No clue why i cannot locate an "A" or menu option for "Automatic". I'll send a report to the staff about it I guess.

You have apparently fixed it. Though it's still centered, which makes it difficult to read.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I have fixed it for you.

oh what a tangled web I weave

Kera Blacc
    Thank you.

Victoria Von Doom
    damn I feel like an idiot now. Apparently I was blinded by the "text" options mixed in with the "color" settings.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Death to the enemies of the Empress is mandatory. Pants are optional.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    A couple of things:

1. How old is your character?

2. It's tricky to link your characters to the Order of the Sith Lords, for fairly obvious reasons. The line of succession ended in Return of the Jedi (as well as our divergent timeline). Some characters here have had roots in that lineage, but it was more a case of a fork in the lineage (ex, in the case of Darth Decepis, Sith knowledge was stolen by a scribe). There are plenty of Sith holocrons and artifacts and texts, no doubt. I'd suggest that you look for an origin through some of the archaeology if you're looking to become a Sith of an independent pedigree.

2a. A bit of a continuation, but for clarity you mention Victoria was seduced by an unknown Dark Lord of the Sith. Again, this may prove problematic just because of our timeline and because of the nature of the Order. It might be interesting instead if you consider that she was influenced by a darkside adept, or someone in the periphery collecting these aforementioned sith table scraps. Maybe that compels her to not simply settle for a little bit of power, but to look for the dogma of the old ways. It gives you flexibility to either find a belonging in the Sith Order, or to strike out on your own and try and rekindle the Sith as you see them. The thing to remember here is that there are numerous divergent lineages of the Sith, especially since the Order of the Sith Lords is no more.

3. Clarification here, are you saying you are aspiring to Dathomiri witch training, or you have it already? It seemed a bit unclear. There are Dathomir witches here, so it's probably best to leave that as an opportunity. Interestingly enough, going down this path would almost certainly cross Victoria's story with one of the most powerful Sith lineages currently in play here.

4. The ages of Victoria's turning and betrayal seem a bit on the young side. It might not be a bad idea to age her up in these conflicts, to lend a bit more believability to them.

Kera Blacc
    Interesting advice. I will look into it, never thought of certain complications that might arise from what I had added to it.
    As for the Dark Lords Order? I'll need to do further research but I thought in pre-disney destructo of SW there were sith even far beyond the Return of the Jedi (eras) that were of that order.

and currently she aspires to obtain training to one day become a Nightsister. I loved that sorta part of canon and thought it might be neat to make an attempt at dual-affilation with both the Darkside Priesthood and the Nightsister Caste.

and no problem. I'll begin the research into it all and see how I can best improve upon what I already have written out. appreciate your advice and clarity on this.

Charley makes some great points, here, but I'd also like to clarify a few things, so that you have a bit deeper understanding of why some of these are issues in our setting.

If your character is 17, as I believe I've read in another thread, then her mother could not have been an openly known Jedi at the time she was born. The Empire had a stranglehold on the galaxy at that time, and it wasn't until only a couple years ago that the Alliance and the Cizerack were able to form a proper defense and push them back. Naboo would have been in Imperial territory at that time, and Force users were basically hunted down and killed by the Inquisitors. Sith and open dark-siders suffered much the same fate, as any Force users were a threat to the Empire. While she could have received some instruction in secret, the timing of her turn, and the methods which she used would have likely brought the Imperial Inquisitors (basically the forerunner to the Imperial Knights, but not nearly as polite or non-lethal), would have been hunting your character down hard.

In general, we see a lot of ambitious power level goals in your plotters, but not much about actual character depth, or what drives them. Yes, baddies want power, and more power = scarier baddie in Cliche World, but this isn't Cliche World, and we'd like to get to know your character for WHO she is, not WHAT she is. At the moment, she comes across as a fanfic character already set on her way to OP levels of power simply for the sake of achieving power goals, and that makes it hard for any of us to know how to interact with her, or how to work with you to set up plots and scenes for your characters. If one of your goals is to be the most graceful whatever, explain to us why grace is so important for that role. That sort of thing.

We'd like to help, we really do, but the character needs to be the focus, first and foremost, and things also do have to work within our admittedly non-conventional timeline, as a great deal has already been developed. We'd be glad to answer questions and give suggestions, as we know ours is a different kind of board. My best advice is to not set out with specific powers in mind, or certain positions of power, and instead work up from the bottom, see how things operate and mesh with the system instead of cutting through it. It's more fun for everyone that way.

Kera Blacc
    Now you're onto something here. And ya I get that, maybe it wasn't as thought out as I had originally thought.
    I gotta run, will see what I come up with tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast