Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Histories of the Sith (Sianna)

"Ever'ting I's heard o' dem ain't da best."

Then again, she couldn't help that one, singular fact.

"Dey get da job done, I gotta give 'em dat."

As the two walked, Razadi felt herself falling into a bit of thought. She was curious of this new woman, Sianna. Coming from... wherever it was she came from. While it was more than obvious she was well-versed in her chosen life path. And interesting though it was, there was a small bit of caution that the Nar Shaddan exercised. She spoke openly yes, but there were other things that she kept closer to her core, unspoken.

"So den... da Sith... you t'ink dey'll be able to hold deir own on dese Knights? Could you?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Sianna grinned, "With the right training and mindset, a Sith can defeat anyone. There are a host of abilities that are out there, beyond all that I know, just waiting for us to discover. Things buried by the Jedi or forgotten in some tomb or lost archive. Be amazed at all that's been lost to time in this galaxy."

Razadi listened as they walked, deciding that yes, she likes this woman's approach much better than Ezra's. The winding hallways seemed less angry and looming as the Nar Shaddaan cast her eyes about in thought. One hand undid the wrapper of a snack cake, and she took a first bite.

"So de Sith," she spoke around a mouthful of frosted cake, then opted to finish chewing and swallowing before going on.

"... dey do more dan just sit inna castle."

It was refreshing to know, and she gave a nod to herself the more she let her mind roll over the possibilities now being laid out in front of her.

"Da old temples on odder planets, 'ow many you been to, eh?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Her excitement about this subject palpable, Sianna continued walking from the dining hall and toward her own private chambers given to her by Ezra. Though she had a feeling that his approval of her dogma may not be all that favorable thus far, the Echani priestess had every intention on playing by the rules. At least when everyone else was around. Razadi's query was one that was definitely understandable, she had the girl's attention now.

"Three so far. One on Tython that I left not that long ago in fact and met another that's interested in learning the purer ways of the Force. That temple was in ruins, but still had one or two things to give up that made it worth the trip. I still have many more trips to make and if you continue along this path, I'll take you with me."

It was an enticing thought, to go out and explore those places beyond the walls of the academy here. She'd not really left Tanaab for the simple reason that she had no particular interest in anywhere else. Returning to Nar Shaddaa was out of the question; she'd never go back there. Dead ends abounded there, and the simple act of surviving the Vertical City overtook anything else. No, she had no desires for that life again. Likewise Coruscant was out of the question also. With the Empire picking apart those with the Force, Razadi knew it would only be a matter of time until they found her and sent her off to wherever they locked away adepts. For now, she was safe.

Safe from her own wanderlust however, was another story. This Sianna was a curiosity, offering a satisfaction to those urges with a dangling slice of jinsa cake. It was tempting, and she couldn't help but test those waters.

"I's gotta t'ink 'bout it."

A stalling tactic that was easy enough to see through. Then again, 'Zadi didn't much care over that fact.

"When you reckon you leavin' out for da nex' trip."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Think about what, Sianna mused to herself, though the look on her pale face except for the black lipstick and circles around her eyes. No one who had been this curious about having knowledge and power ever turned her down and she was beginning to wonder how dedicated this one was about her life's goals. Doubt was a trait of the weak and that would have to be trained out of her if she were to continue on with the Echani Sith Master.

"Not sure yet, still have to learn the lay of the land here first."

The hallways otherwise empty because of the hour, Sianna had the chance to explore more of the history of this secluded fortress. Though the remaining touch of the crimelord that once called this place home were evident, Ezra and the others had done a fair job of turning these rooms and corridors into galleries of the Force's history. Still needed a few things in her opinion, but perhaps in time.

'Lay of the land'.

In her own eyes, there wasn't much else to see. Or at least, she thought as much before Ezra had shown her his little museum of torture and experimentation. It had put her off, but not so much to push her completely away. There was still more to learn, and this Sianna woman seemed much more interested in knowledge. It made the Nar Shaddaan hopeful.

"Dere's a lotta places 'round here to see, dough I t'ink you's more served to da books. I been mostly doin' dat m'self. Lotsa stuff ta read an' learn. Ain't ever went to a class, but da students tell me t'ings and let me look at deir books."

There was a bit of thought then, as she let the memories return of those younger years and early times on Nar Shaddaa.

"Weren't able ta get dat stuff in da VRT. Had ta focus on findin' the next bitta food and a few creds."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Hope rose again as Razadi mentioned the library and regained Sianna's full attention as silver orbs turned to her equally pale companion. "My father used to read to my brother's and I about the history of the Echani. I focused more on our Sith roots, serving Palpatine and the Empire. From there, once I got away from home, I researched more about the Sith's origins and then journeyed to a few of the worlds that had actual sites to explore. No one stuck to a chair's ever going to truly learn anything about the galaxy."

Turning her gaze out of a large, bullet shaped window, aglow with moonlight, she continued. "Knowledge is great, but wisdom is better. If you don't apply what you've learned it's all for nothing." Sianna glanced to the hopeful. "What books have you read so far?"

She had to think on that one.

"Mostly stuff 'bout... Plagueis, I t'ink 'is name was? Some 'bout another bloke too. Bane?"

A lot of her studies had had to do with this strange Rule of Two that the Sith enjoyed. It hadn't ever really settled well with her own notions.

"I dunno 'bout dis Rule o' Two t'ing dough. Seems silly t'me."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    "Bane enacted that because it's easier to keep track of one potential enemy instead of an army of them," Sianna relayed, though she knew that all those with the potential to be Force users would only make their own guild or group instead if the Sith hadn't gotten back to their roots. An army of Force using knights, brandishing lightsabers was a foe to be reckoned with. "In his mind, anyway. But, I think if you educate all your students in the right way then you shouldn't have to worry about it. He was selfish." Though Sianna also understood that sentiment as well, keeping some of the deeper things to herself instead of passing it along when her own students were ready.

Silver orbs glanced to Razadi, "What were your thoughts on his theory?"

The notion of educating students made sense. It was one that Razadi could agree with. Growing up on Nar Shaddaa, everyone had to work together to survive, and that meant passing what you knew to the next person.

"I t'ink it's stupid ta only haff two. If you wanna survive, you gotta haff more'n dat. It's like how it was back home. Y'had ta share da stuff ya knew, else you was dead."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Grinning at the reply, Sianna knew that was the only way for the Sith to regain their past strength, before Bane and the Rule of Two. She had seen their empire fade and most of their ranks die off or go into hiding and the thought was sickening. Ezra had a good thing begun here, but he was shortsighted. Fear of the Imperial Knights and Jedi for now was useful as a cornered beast will eventually strike out. All she needed was time to train up a few worthy ones and she would be ready to begin the crusade.

Nodding as they walked, moonlight peeking through various halls open to the central garden, she eventually made her way back to the dorm rooms. "Tomorrow evening, we'll begin."

Razadi found herself nodding in agreement, catching herself in the act and slowing to a stop as she watched the other woman continue on. One snack cake still in hand, she suddenly found her appetite had gone, replaced instead by the first growing embers of true curiosity. Now she was getting somewhere. Now she was more than some piece of hanging trash.

One last question burned through her though; something that she wanted to ask now, rather than wait for the next day.

"How long you been at dis... ? Doin', " a hand went out to encompass all around them.

"... doin' yer studyin' an' readin' and collectin'... ?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Approaching the door to Razadi's room, Sianna slowed and turned, silver orbs on the uniquely, pale figure. "All my life," she stated without hesitation. "I grew up reading about my people and the Sith. My father's always been a great lover of history, but that's where he failed. He never left our home on Aargau to find those places for himself. I have. I've learned more firsthand than some of those tomes and holodiscs could ever teach me. Knowledge is great, wisdom is better."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12