Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Histories of the Sith (Sianna)

Sith The Histories of the Sith (Sianna)

Not much could rattle her. She'd seen so much in her life so far, and there were few things she could think of in this galaxy that might give her pause and make her question the Maker. She'd seen her mother go from an already pathetic woman to a simpering, raving lunatic over the course of three years, dependent on medication to slow the progression to madness and dementia.

But, the sight of those writhing bodies, the words of Ezra filling her ears, had done well to shake her.

What sort of 'school' had she agreed to come to? Even if she wasn't a student necessarily, she was still here; oftentimes shutting herself away in her small room and pouring over the small bits of, well, whatever she could get her hands on. Sometimes they were books, sometimes they were a wad of flimsies. She didn't really interact with the other students, though she'd at least made a few inroads with some. It was something, at least. Not a lot, but something.

Of course the few days following her meeting with Ezra had begun to cause her to question why she'd accepted Frygt's invitation.

Now, half-reclined on her bed, Razadi stared down at a datapad that was currently playing an old episode of The Walking Sith. Only half paying attention, the albino made a series of faces as she wondered why the depiction of the Sith in the show seemed so far removed from what she was experiencing. Granted, what she had seen so far was... not a lot. Just an academy full of students and one rather unhinged administrator.

She pulled a sour face then, levering herself up to sit before pushing up off the bed. The 'pad kept playing, but she ignored it now in favor of searching out a pair of pants. It wasn't long before she was successful, and pulling a pair of mottled grey trousers, Razadi gave a sigh as she made a bare effort to look for her boots. Ten seconds passed before she gave up; she preferred bare feet anyway, as the stone walkways felt uniquely satisfying underfoot.

Leaving her room, she began to make her way through the halls, to the cavernous cafeteria that she'd come to actually enjoy. After all, she didn't have to hustle for her food now - it was given to her with no questions asked. It was also so much better than what she usually scrounged on Nar Shaddaa, so there was that.

Plus, they might have a few of those Li'l Vima snack cakes restocked.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Pondering all that she and Ezra had spoken about so far had kept Sianna up and though she had many sleepless nights over the years, this time it was more about making history than finding it. This school had so much more potential, but she also understood the concerns about Imperial Knights and Jedi finding them before they were ready. These students weren't being taught everything about being pure Force users, but were allowed to stick to their own interpretation of the codes offered, which was sickening to the priestess. But, to get what she wanted in the end, she had to play the game.

Sighing, the Echani master of the Force sat in the large dining hall, arms upon the tabletop and holding one of many datapads that she owned. Sorzus Syn was always a comfort in these times and had been Sianna's mentor since she was able to read. Hours spent under a luma lamp in her bedroom reading the works about one of the original Sith had taught her much about true power and perseverance. The alchemist had created amazing hybrids in her lab and was one of the main reasons that the Jedi banished her along with so many others with vision.

Imagining herself sitting with the ancient one, Sianna nearly didn't notice the entrance of one of the students until she noticed the ghostly figure in her peripheral, prompting silver orbs to turn to the female. Straightening, the priestess initially thought she was seeing another of her kind until noticing the solid dark eyes. Arkanian perhaps? "You're up late," Sianna's mature, silky voice echoed in the high ceilinged room. "What's got you up?" Touching on the girl's surface thoughts, she noted the surprise, but also a unique personality there as well.

Perhaps her next apprentice?

Blinking, Razadi turned an owlish look to the woman who'd spoke, feeling as though a gossamer wisp passed over her own thoughts. It was a bit surprising, but the Nar Shaddaan gave no indication that she was taken aback. Rather, she pulled a particularly puzzled expression, brow knitting. This woman was new, that much she could tell; she'd never seen her before, and after plenty of time to wander and poke her way around the academy she'd given herself a fairly decent understanding of those who resided here. No, this woman was new.

"I... "

And then she shook her head, as if trying to shake away the memory of the silky smooth feeling that had passed through her.

"Jittas," came the final answer, though it was more to herself than the woman.

A long exhale.

"Yor new," a rather obvious observation.

"Ain't seen y'around b'fore."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Amused at the aura that Sianna seemed to command with those of like mind, she offered a barely perceptible smirk. "I just arrived with the dean a few hours ago," she informed. "But, I asked you a question." Her demeanor a bit more stern, the priestess of the Sith'aria wasn't used to such a casual conversation with other Force users. This was definitely going to take some getting used to, she mused.

Turning on the long bench seat, silver orbs narrowed.

Not exactly expecting the shift in tone, 'Zadi let a small bit of surprise show before pursing her lips. She stopped short of mumbling a string of unintelligible curses in the heavily accented undercity slang she usually reserved for annoying questions, but thought the better of it at the last moment.

"Ain't no studen', se. I's jus' here 'cause I done a job fer da headmistress," a pause, then she finished.

"... Well, wherever she up an' gone to I dunno. But I ain't no studen'."

That this woman had come with Ezra only brought back fresh memories that she would've rather forgotten. She focused on the question that had previously been asked, choosing to answer in the hope of dispelling the sight of so many twisting and writhing bodies from her mind's eye. Maybe if she could get her hands on a snack cake she'd be able to banish the still-haunting images.

"I's come down fer summa dem snack cakes. Li'l Vima's. Da choc'late ones. Dey norm'ly stock 'em at de beginnin' of da week."

'Zadi gave a sniff, rolling her shoulders as if shrugging off the critical look she was being subject to.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Though the girl wasn't very eloquent by Sianna's standards, one didn't need to be to be a great Force user. Motioning to the kitchen with a nod of her head, Sianna rose with the datapad in her hand and moved to intercept the mysterious non-student. "I sense the gift within you," the priestess mused aloud as she meandered between empty tables. "This headmistress you mentioned, is she mentioned teaching you yet?" Boots beat off of the tile floor and slowed as she entered the now open door to the interior of the large kitchen, it's stainless surfaces shining as were the doors to the large refrigeration units and freezers.

"Where are you from?"

"Eh, she rambled on 'bout sumfin. Weren't really payin' no mind at da time." The large walk-in pantry was where she was focused, and Razadi made the short trek to the double doors, opening them wide - as if they were some pair of magical doors that would give access to the wondrous treasures hidden behind. And in a way, it was an apt way to look at it. She stood then, in the open doorway. Gave a sniff, then stepped inside.

Her voice rose again as she began the hunt for those delightful snack cakes.

"I jus' did a job, she said I could come here, said I could get trainin' for... whateva it is I do. Ain't got no trainin' yet. Jus' been readin' and watchin'."

At the question of where she was from, Razadi let out a snort.

"Da VRT. Nar Shaddaa, guess'n most call it. Ain't much dere so's I left. Can't much do bisniss if all's around is folks crazza jacked up on da Black Hole and Ryll. And dem was de good ones, se."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    "I guess the real question is, do you want to learn how to use the Force or remain one of the masses that had a wondrous gift given to you by the universe, and squander it looking for," she peered into the overly large pantry and noticed the focus of this raid. "Snack cakes?" Shaking her head lightly, Sianna knew this girl still had a lot to prove to her as well as herself.

"Hey now," the rebuttal was quick and passionate, "Dese t'ings is good food. Ain't nothin' like 'em in da VRT. Most y'get dere is junk-like scraps. Iff yor lucky, se."

Palming one of the glorious, crinkle-wrapped confections, Razadi stopped short of waving a finger in the air like some forceful accompaniment of her words. She'd seen old holos of the Emperor when he was still alive, arms in the air during some speech to the masses. Looked like it worked, since all she ever heard was cheering from the people off-camera.

Another few wrapped cakes were liberated from their box on the shelf, and looking back to the other woman, Razadi pulled a strange expression as she processed the quandary presented. It'd be helpful, wouldn't it? Learnin' new tricks. Figurin' out new ways to pull the old grifter game. It was about the only one she knew, and it was what she couldn't help but fall back on.

The lady with the silver eyes was offering to teach her, if she was reading the cues right. Years on the streets had taught her to look for those unspoken signs.

A sniff, and her brow knit as she thought.

"I read lots; been readin' since I got here. Mostly 'bout dis place. Ain't much else to really read."

And then a cautious look crept over her features, curious overtones laced throughout. There was a hopeful glint in her dark eyes, almost hungry even, as the sudden thought of new information possibly within her grasp was realized.

"You got more books... ?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Sianna wasn't surprised that the insinuation would be lost on the girl, but she was quickly getting a feel for her. Razadi was a simple minded one who's life bred a survivor and that was a good start. At least she could read, apparently. Ignoring the pilfered cakes now being hidden away, the priestess grinned at the mention of books. Reaching out with her mind, she ensured that they were alone in the dining hall, then focused on Razadi.

"I'm a historian and archaeologist, so yes, I have books. Most are stored on data cube right now, but once you prove yourself to me then I'll be more than happy to pass on the first one. One that inspired me on this path when I was just a little girl." Silver orbs saw the equally pale figure before her while her mind's eye searched the inner being and soon was assured that she had the potential to be worthy. Turning her body to keep the entryway to the kitchen in her peripheral, the Echani priestess sighed lightly. "What have you learned so far about the Force?"

She had to prove herself? Taken aback, 'Zadi found herself able to only stare in a small bit of surprise at the woman with silver eyes. A wrapper crinkled in her hand as her fingers tightened around it, beginning to mush the delicate confectionery within. Frygt hadn't ever mentioned anything about proving herself, just that she would be taught; and now? Well, now Frygt was gone. Up and vanished to who knew where. In her place was Ezra who, frankly, made her worry for the state of his mind. He reminded her of the gaggle of grubby younglings on Nar Shadaa who went around pulling wings off of oilflies and daring each other to eat gutterslugs. On a much more sophisticated level, but the comparison still held a healthy level of truth for her.

But now, there was someone new. Someone as pale as she herself, with silver eyes and most important, books.

Except 'Zadi would have to apparently work to get access to those books. It wasn't upsetting; rather it was simply surprising.

A moment later she gave a smirk.

"Ain't nuthin' fancy, Yor Highness. Used to brask an' lift wallets. Did dagga work for de local bossmans, had t'stay jetti fer dat mess... "

She trailed off then, features pulling into a pinched expression as she realized that her normal, comfortable slang was more or less lost on the ears listening now.

A sigh.

"I's a con. Worked f'meself, but when da credits was tight I worked f'da local bosses. Evert'ing I know I's taught m'self. Pull a wallet outta some shiffa's pocket, give a little shove, make someone look de otha way atta noise. Little t'ings."

It weren't a glowing resume, but when you grow up on Nar Shadaa, ain't nothing glows very bright regardless of what it is.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    At the mention of Sianna being monarchy a white brow quirked high over the black painted area around her silver orbs. "I'm Sianna, Master and priestess of the Sith'aria," she finally introduced. "Not a monarch.... yet," she grinned. "This life that I'm promising you here," her gaze shot toward her left, then back. "Is apparently going to have to remain between us while you're studying in this academy, but subtlety is going to be only one of the things that I'll teach you. First, we'll determine how far we can push the gift within you, and once you're past the first phase, robbing scrubs in a busy city street is going to pale in comparison with what you'll be able to accomplish."

There was a lot of work to do with this one, she mused quietly, noting Razadi's reaction to the offer.

For a brief moment she stared, not exactly expecting her jab to be taken so literally, but only a moment passed before she blinked owlishly, listening to what was being laid out in front of her. It sounded interesting, to say the least. To be able to go beyond her normal tricks and do more. But further, the promise of books was noted with a healthy amount of inner interest, and Razadi couldn't help but lick her lips. As much as she enjoyed the Li'l Vima snack cakes, she liked reading about all those old Force cults and crazy stories just as much, if not a little bit more. They were fascinating and made her wonder just how much truth was really there.

Her mouth opened slightly, as she ran a tongue over her back teeth.

"Aight den," she nodded slightly.

"I's int'rested."

She remembered some of the old stories about Sith from her mother; mostly just warnings told when she was young to get her to stay in bed.

Don't leef yor bed or de evil Siff issa get ya an' eat yor eyes outta yor head. Den he gon' pull off yor ears an' make a necklace outta dem.

Fanciful drek, but it did the job back then. But still, there was an old caution that made her eyes narrow. It didn't help, seeing Ezra's little 'collection', either.

"Y'ain't gotta... " her voice grew low as she peered a little bit closer at Sianna, worried suspicion in her gaze.

"... y'ain't gotta necklace made outta ears, do ya... ?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Laughing, Sianna for the first time in a long time was amused at the insinuation as she also heard the surface thoughts of the memory flash in Razadi's mind. "No," she shook her head, long snowy hair flailing about gently. "Only things I collect are artifacts and knowledge which has helped me gain power to overcome my enemies and perfect myself." Chuckling, the Echani master turned toward the entrance to the kitchen and moved to leave.

"You've got so much to learn."

So much to learn. It wasn't a puzzling statement, but rather one that induced a fresh wave of curiosity in what exactly it was that Sianna could teach her. Oh, she'd heard the old stories and remembered how they told of great powers that those who used the Force had, but it all seemed so distant. Something that she'd never given much thought to. Now? Now it seemed the galaxy had decided to give her some sort of chance at having a go. There was no real ambition within her, other than to survive and make sure that her stomach was full; but all of that was owed to her life growing up. Life in the VRT.

The mention of 'enemies' gave her pause though. She'd never had enemies herself; marks yes, but enemies? Never.

That Sianna had enemies was enough to make her brow knit.

"You have enemies?"

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Glancing at the pale girl askance, Sianna wondered what Ezra and the other instructors were really teaching these people. "We all do," she nodded. "Imperial Knights and Jedi are looking for a reason to shut this place down," she informed, unsure if they had been denied that tidbit also. "Once they find out that anyone's taking an interest in Sith teachings they'll bring a fleet, which was what Ezra and I were talking about earlier." Silver orbs darkened slightly as she turned her attention back to the main entrance to the dining hall as they progressed toward it.

"We're not going to let them." Her determination palpable, the Sith Master had every intention on learning more about the barons that ruled the council on this planet as well as their loyalties and weaknesses. Ezra mentioned already having them in his pocket, but without being around them constantly, she was sure that one of them may one day betray that promise of a quick death if they didn't stay in line. Exiting the dining hall, she tuned down her emotions knowing any of the more experienced and trained students may pick up on the dark side roiling within the Echani and that also couldn't happen. Not yet.

"Oh."

The thought hadn't ever occurred to her, though now laid out, she supposed that it made sense. She'd only ever heard of the Imperial Knights, aware of them on the periphery. So too did she know of the Jedi. Though, her knowledge of them was a small bit more. After all, one didn't grow up without stories of the great Jedi Knights of the Republic.

"Well, I's know only a little 'bout dem two folks. Dey seem kinda busy wit' demselfs."

Looking sideways, Razadi watched Sianna as she walked, wondering exactly what this woman had planned. Why she'd shown up here, now. Her mouth opened then, as she decided to simply ask.

"What made ya decide ta come here, den."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Nodding at her first comment, Sianna definitely agreed with that thought. "Moreso with Jedi than the other group, from what I've seen so far. Knights aren't Jedi, they more grey Jedi which means they're fighters rather than the type to sit and talk it out," she informed, the thought sticking in her throat, her disdain palpable as they exited the dining hall and moved through the main adjoining hallway. Evening air wafted in through the nearby crossing corridor which led outside, it's coolness chilling her skin as they moved.

Glancing to Razadi, she thought that answer should seem obvious. "If you want students, where else would I go," she replied with a smirk.

"Eh, I's can see da appeal of talkin' it out. Less mess, seh?"

It was a product of her life, and a result of havin' to always duck outta the way of the heavy hitters. Razadi didn't much care for conflict, and her outlook now reflected that.

"Ain't sayin' dat ever'ting is solves by words, jus' dat havin' ta bust a few lips might be more effort dan needed."

Sianna's last wordS, punctuated by the smirk, gave pause though as her mind went to the 'why's' of bein' here. It made sense. Why go somewhere where there wasn't anyone to teach?

She latched on to a notion of levity in that moment.

"Seems ya dun came to da right place, seh? Ain't gotta lack o'students here," she chuckled.

But, the mention of the knights and Jedi still weighed heavily.

"But on dem Knights... I dunno. Dey seem too fanatical to da Empress."

TheHolo.Net Poster
    "Think the empress was excited about having soldiers with Force abilities, so why not? They apparently do her will, so that's a great pet to have when you control such a large area of a galaxy like she does." She still didn't know enough about them yet and made it a point to find out more when she could. However, that meant she had to get into a new lab and get to work first before striking out again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast