Thread: Fallout 4 based project *Spoilers present*

AKA
    Sam (British Sam)

Writing Fallout 4 based project *Spoilers present*

Figured some of you may be interested in this little side project I've been working on while I've had no wifi.

Those of you who know me know how obsessed with Fallout I am. 19 of my 24 years I've been playing this series and I've been eager to mesh that with writing.

So, with the Nuka-World DLC being a key part of the backdrop to what I'm writing, be warned that spoilers may be present for potentially ALL of the Fallout games (1,2,Tactics,3,NV,4 + all DLCs)

Once I'm back online and I have a bit more written down I'll post the google docs link here once I've done that, and even now, I would appreciate enthusiasm, criticisms, advice, hints, tips, abuse; all that good stuff!!!

Sam

I've played all of the fallout games since the beginning (with the exception of BoS) and I'm definitely a franchise lifer, with particular interest in Caesar's Legion. I'd definitely be interested in seeing your work.

We've occasionally dabbled in Fallout RP's here and may yet get back to that sort of thing, so keep the fire stoked!

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I'm totally on board with seeing what you've got

My first Fallout was New Vegas, and I fell hard for it. Love it to death.

AKA
    Sam (British Sam)
    Fallout RP would DEFINITELY interest me!

My favourite game, I would have to say, would be Fallout 2. Though NV and Fallout 4 both hold special places in my heart.

No matter which game I'm playing, I always find myself roleplaying and head-canoning things. For example, in a recent playthrough of FO4, I played a DC's Joker style character complete with make-up and scars (and now thanks to the Nukaworld DLC, green hair), theorising that the Sole Survivor would have been driven insane by the events of the game, leading him to join up with the Raiders in Nuka-World and become a post-Apocalyptic Clown-Prince of Crime.

In terms of the writing project, what I have is only in the draft stages and, due to limited internet and writing time, is quite short so far but I'm trying to add a little more each day (I actually rewrote half of what I already had this evening, changing the direction of the story somewhat). I've never written from the 1st Person perspective before so I'm still finding my feet in that regard. Criticisms are much appreciated!

Be warned, Fallout 4 and Nuka World spoilers once you click the link below

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...?usp=drive_web

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Aaahh I love it so far! You capture first person really really well, and it feels very organic. It flows great, I think.

And when you get your net back up to operational level, I'd totally love to get some Fallout RP going with you ^_^

I like it. You take the existing concepts of the world and roll with the supposition of events as you imagine they progressed. I would try and flesh out this recollection a bit. Stretch it out. Add specifics in the place of generalities. How did the character end up with the Operators? How did he get to Nuka World to begin with? Where's he from? Show more and tell less. First person is going to give the reader a unique opportunity to walk everywhere in your main character's shoes, so respect the freedom that gives you.

AKA
    Sam (British Sam)
    Thank you! I'm glad it seems to flow well; I always worry that I may sound a little disjointed! I will make sure I post again here when I've got some more written. I think I'll definitely follow that advice Charley, I have more than a few ideas bouncing round in my head as for the characters origins so I'll try and settle on one and get it written down over the next few days

Fallout RP, absolutely. Once I'm operational again I will set up a planning thread rather than clutter this one