Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn and Face the Strange

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Where? More like when... crazy ass wormholes.
    The inevitability of what would happen next tugged at Bryna, like a hand trying to pull her off down a path that she knew she had to walk but was reluctant to start on. She chewed the inside of her lip, knowing that the two of them could only sit out under Bothawui's night sky for so long.

"I guess... we should get some rest."

A sigh, and in spite of her words, Bryna made no attempt to move. If anything, her fingertips just dug a little deeper into her mother's jacket, not wanting to relinquish her hold on something that had taken so long to grasp in the first place.

"I probably have to get back to Ossus in a day or two."

That was the way it'd always been, hadn't it? The three of them coming together for only a few, fleetingly wonderful days before responsibility pulled each of the Belargic's back to their relative corners of the Galaxy.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Call me... Sassypants.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    TOP SECRET DANI
    "Yeah," Grace agreed quietly. "We probably should."

Like Bryna, she made no attempt to move, which was her default. She didn't want to let go and have the evening end despite the inevitability.

"Command's been quiet. Though I'm sure that'll end soon."

She was given furlough to be there for Belargic's debriefing and transition back in Alliance space. Her considerable responsibilities were put on hold but not forever. Ops needed budget approvals after all ...

"But ... I've probably a couple of free days left. We can keep our schedules open enough to come back here when we get the call that Dasquian's free to see, but I'm thinking we could go looking around the merchant's area. Go out to eat. That way my cooking doesn't kill you ..."

She lightly shrugged, putting on her best smile to mirror the humor she was trying to convey. Even if Grace wanted to march right back inside and throw her clout around to allow both her and Bryna to listen in on Dasquian's debriefing. She hated not having any tangible work to do and now being in a holding pattern was making her restless. Spending more time with Bryna doing simple, mundane, things was an opportunity Grace didn't want to pass up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12