Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Assignment

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Natacha

Imperial - Closed New Assignment

Sebarek hadn't come to Corellia in a good number of years. The last time the Imperial Agent had visited the planet, he was still working in the private sector, one foot in legality and one in black market. Before being recruited in Imperial Intelligence, he had certainly seen a lot when working security and spy for multiple employers, from upper class to crime lords. Joining the Empire had been a breath of fresh air, and the Lorrdian valued what the Empire stood for and having served a true and steady cause had been what he needed at this point in his life, both for himself and for his adopted daughter.

His longtime superior and colleague, Akilah, had summoned him on the turbulent world and he had arranged for immediate transportation. His daughter was well taken care of back on Brentaal IV, so he wouldn't worry about her safety. He had the feeling that his stay on Corellia would require a few weeks before being able to get some off days. It was why he had made sure to have a more bureaucratic position during the first couple of years he had had Yoko. While he thrived in dangerous missions, going undercover and interacting with questionable individuals, his daughter had come first. And it had also taught him a lot about the system and he had helped shape some newly recruited agents too, as well as keeping a Core liaison and messenger for his superior.

For now, his ship landed and he would go to the meeting location with Akilah before taking care of where he would stay during his time on Corellia.
    Last edited by Sebarek Veros; Jun 17th, 2016 at 04:34:01 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Seated at a table, outside the rather quaint restaurant, Akilah had gained both of them rooms in a nicer hotel which was now a block down and across the busy avenue. Speeders passed by as if nothing wrong was going on here on Corellia. Though the cause for most locals was a just one, the Imperial held world was definitely in for a rude awakening as those that supported this insurrection would pay dearly for their actions. Having gained several leads before leaving the fleet hovering now several million miles from the surface of this rich and very well established world, Akilah watched the local newsnet on a small datapad now standing on the table before her, while she sipped her stimcaf. With a discerning eye, the deputy director of Imperial Intelligence watched the footage as well as the few interviews that the local anchors could get on the latest attacks on Imperial offices and installations. There was more to what wasn't said than the words coming out of their mouths, she knew.

The people of Corellia would be swayed in favor of this rebellion if they weren't careful.

Being normally rebellious already, the heavily industrialized world also couldn't afford to lose it's fleet or access to the trade route that ran right through this system and connected one end of the galaxy to the other. Money was being restrained from businesses and many investors were getting angry, as were several large banks. Corellia had to see that this gang of terrorists were only hurting their world.

Her ear bud came to life, interrupting her thoughts. "He just landed and should be there shortly," the male voice stated in her ear. Without motioning or replying, the agent kept enjoying her caf and watching the news until he arrived.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    He had looked up here he was to meet with Akilah and it didn't take him look to find his way and stopped his rental speeder on the other side of the street where the restaurant was located. His eyes soon zeroed in on his superior and friend, because that also was what the higher rank imperial had become to him over the years.

He gave her a genuine smile as he approached. With all that was going on and the rebellion causing trouble, he took a casual approach to this, for they might not be fully undercover, but no need to sell away anything they were working on. It was second habit after several years serving with Imperial Intelligence.

"Good to see you, Sweet Goddess of War." The Lorrdian offered before leaving a quick peck on Akilah's cheek. Maybe he was stretching the line a little bit, but it was nothing new and he would never make Akilah uncomfortable. Taking a seat across her, he looked perfectly at ease already. "Lovely place you picked."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    A smile erupted across her smooth face as he leaned in, her left hand instinctively reaching up and softly touching his cheek and jaw, then let go as he rose again. The kiss causing a charge to rise deep within as Akilah chuckled lightly. Never getting away from that nickname "Thanks," she glanced away and to the front of the restaurant, it's windows framed by ivy and flower bushes. "They've got an amazing assortment of dishes," she informed and looked back to him and raised her cup. "And a wide assortment of teas and cafs. Hard to pass a place like this up." Taking a sip from her cup she then set it down again. "So, how was your trip?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    While Sebarek had carried feelings that erred beyond friendship towards Akilah, he had never crossed the line with her. Between the work they did and how he had adjusted to raising a child, who happened to adore the higher rank Imperial, he wasn't sure that she would welcome his romantic affection. So he had kept that to himself. Whether she knew or not, he wasn't certain for they never spoke of it.

He grinned at her reaction to the old nickname he had given her based on Lorrdian religion and history since the first time they had met. She had for sure made a strong impression right then!

"It almost reminds me of where I grew up. You chose well. And you said the magic word, though now I don't know whether I should sample tea or caf." He grinned and fetched the menu.

"The trip went well. I felt like herding cubs even more than usual before I left, but it is good to see the galaxy again. How has your stay been so far?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Taking another sip, she set the cup down and hands lay upon her lap, right knee over left as she relaxed once more in the chair, shadowed by a large umbrella. "We'll have time, so get one now and the other later," she suggested knowing he no doubt appreciated being able to relax in the warm Corellian sunlight and comfortable breeze wafting down the avenue.

His query then shifted her mental gears as blue eyes casually scanned their surroundings, old habits dying hard after all these years. "Less exciting than other parts of the city, but been catching most of it on the holovid in the evenings," she returned her attention to her fellow agent. "Not sure how long it's going to take to finish up our business here, but actually looking forward to a visit to the resort town in the mountains before I go." Turning, she noticed their waitress approach apparently seeing Sebarek join Akilah.

"What can I get you, sir," the polite brunette asked as she set Akilah's salad before her.
    Last edited by Akilah; Jun 24th, 2016 at 06:31:42 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    With the situation on Corellia, Sebarek hadn't been certain he would get an opportunity to just relax before getting to the thick of the matter. The Lorrdian wasn't going to complain one bit and perused the menu in greater details as he listened to what Akilah said. He grinned faintly. "Beware of still waters. You never know what they might hide." He jested before looking up at the waitress. "I will have the Tefera caf with the chef's special, please." He smiled and returned the menu to her.

"I caught up as much as I could before coming here. I am curious to see how the situation unfolds." Or rather, he should have said how they would ensure that the resistance attempting to damage the Empire would succumb and stop trying to manipulate the population.

"And yes, very much enjoying the lunch break but you know me, my mind easily comes back to work." He chuckled, for it was the truth. He was the first to make the best of little moments of peace he could glean, even on a mission but he was quite focused.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Nodding, the waitress turned and walked away as she moved back inside to get his order, leaving them alone once again. With several seated around them, Akilah continued keeping their discussion vague enough to relay her true feelings without letting those around them in on their true purpose. She had always appreciated Sebarek's dedication to the Imperial cause as it ran parallel with her own, the main reason he was seated across from her now.

Grinning, her head canted to the right slightly, the shadow of the large umbrella keeping her cooler, "We have rooms nearby. Took the liberty, hope you don't mind. Got a nice view of the park to the east," she mentioned, blue eyes motioning to her left, guiding his gaze to the large hotel farther down the street and across from the cafe. Not a far walk. "Gym on the top floor with a large pool and sauna. Already tried them out this morning," she grinned.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    "Good thinking. Your taste never disappointed." Sebarek replied with a grin. He also liked how she understood that walking gave different perspectives than just relying on other means of transportation when on missions such as the one they were on. "Large pool? Now you got me. The workers have been taking forever back home for mine." He had arranged to have a double pool built at his villa, so there was one safe for Yoko and one for grown ups and older kids for whenever his sisters would start families of their own.

He thanked the waitress when she brought his caf. "May I already invite you to the gala end of this week, or do you have other plans?" He had seen it in the memo that a gala happening had high probabilities to be a target from their enemy and he knew he was to attend it but he wasn't certain in which capacity Akilah might be there.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    The mention of the high browed gathering of business owners now on the radar by Imperial Intelligence to help regain the streets was definitely one that she couldn't pass up. Nodding, the deputy director's demeanor melted into a more serious tone. "I've gained a couple of invitations from a friend who's well established in that circle," she mentioned, leaning forward a bit as she regained her cup of tea and sipped. "He stated that it would be at the Elgin estate tomorrow night. Promises to be quite the spectacle," she continued, relaxing a bit more as she set the cup back onto the table, keeping her right hand around it. "Seems his wife actually shuttled in the best chef on Corellia. He's even got his own chain of restaurants and has catered to many of the corporate elite as well."

Everyone was suspect until they were able to catch the real perpetrators, but with the nature of many of the hits that the terrorists were conducting, it would appear to be perpetrated by those not as well supplied. Yet.

"Figured we could have the limo pick us up at the hotel around six."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    The upcoming gala was definitely on Akilah's radar and from her subtle reactions he could infer that it was likely going to be even more serious than he had first expected. He was ready for anything. He had given his everything to the Empire since he had joined and he wasn't going to stop doing that now. "Good. We wouldn't want to miss that." He replied curtly, before taking another sip from his caf, appreciated its rich aroma.

"I'll see whether it is as spectacular as it is back home." He added with a slight grin. "I take it the Chef knows his way around the best paying patrons then." Maybe it was his time spent in so many different environements prior to work for the Empire, but he had learned not to discard any option, from the chef to the host to the lackey. "What's the chef's name? I haven't sample Corellian cuisine in a few years."

The timing of the limo sounded just right but it was no surprise coming from Akilah's high practical sense.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    "Andrew Skivinsky," she replied, having already seen the chef on the holovid a couple times since learning he would be present. Always good to know the layout of the terrain before going into it, she mused. "His show's quite entertaining, should check it out if you get a chance. He's on in the morning's around nine. Should have time after the workout and breakfast." Watching as the waitress tended to the patrons of the cafe, she knew people like that noticed just about everything and sometimes overheard things that people wished they hadn't. A perfect spy.

Blue eyes returned to her fellow agent. "Feels good being on vacation, don't get this opportunity very often," she smiled.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    "If he has a show, I'm pretty sure my mother would be delighted to entertain me with a list of her favorite recipes from that chef," Sebarek jested, for cooking was quite a shared hobby in his family, though his mother was the only one actually watching cooking shows, which earned her to be teased, as one didn't expect a Grand Duchess to appreciate such things.

"Well, you know my soft spot for long breakfast. I'm not sure I'll get to be done by the time the show comes on." He winked to Akilah and dug into his plate, since it had been brought to the table.

He loved hiding in plain sight as a spy. That was something he had always enjoyed, even before joining Imperial Intelligence, and one of his forte. Of course, there was more to him than just these skills, but he liked doing such kind of work.

"I should probably make a joke about how I don't remember when was the last time I went on vacation, but I can't remember when the last one really happened."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Grinning that his mother, a well respected noble, liked to cook somehow didn't surprise her as much as it probably should. Chasing the palace's chef from his work, all flustered that the lady of the house was instead making her own meal, made her chuckle. "It's rare, that's for sure. I do recall my last one and it was long before we met, if that's any indication."

Her meal long consumed, the busy, yet calm atmosphere of this particular part of the city helped her relax, though she knew they had to get going shortly. Things had to be arranged before the party tomorrow night, groundwork laid. Routes studied and security cameras linked in to their own equipment so that the analysts in the fleet high above and out of sight could also watch as the events unfolded.

"How's your own little princess getting settled in the new place?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    "Oh then I beat you, though my last one was a medical leave, so doesn't really count as vacation, does it?" They had met about five years ago and he had needed time away from work - much to his dismay - about eighteen months afterwards, right when he had adopted Yoko. Yet, he wasn't going to mention his daughter when spies could be everywhere.

It was good to eat as he had only had a snack quite a few hours before landing, relying too much on caf while studying what the situation was on Corellia.

"I'll drop my luggage at the hotel before we go play tourist for the afternoon." Of course, playing tourist was going to be a lot of preparation work, since they weren't going to waste the thirty-ish hours they had available before the gala.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    The avoidance of her inquiry was understandable, and she let it go as he then shifted the discussion back to getting settled into his room before they headed out for the afternoon. "Sounds good. They have your keycard at the desk." His cover story and name all in place, ident card and visa acquired before he arrived as well as why they were here. CorSec no doubt had them on file and should things go south they weren't going to have Intel or the Imperial hierarchy to rely on. They were on their own. She had no intentions of making any mistakes, but sometimes surprises arose that weren't accounted for.

"The gift shop downstairs has some nice trinkets that your mom might enjoy as well. Have to stop in there before you leave." Glancing at her chronometer, she finished off her tea and set the glass off to the side, letting the waitress know she was done.
    Last edited by Akilah; Jun 26th, 2016 at 04:46:57 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    He'd let Akilah know how Yoko was doing once they were in a safe place, but he always did his best to keep quiet about his little one when on missions such as this one. Maybe he was a bit paranoid but he couldn't help it. The child had already lost one family and he didn't want her to go through this twice before he hadn't been careful. Of course, his line of work was dangerous but he had become more responsible since having her in his life. He could go some down some crazier roads in the past.

"Perfect. Thank you very much." He replied with a warm smile to Akilah, before finishing his meal.

"I'll make sure to stop by and splurge for my favorite ladies then."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Watching him eat, she was beginning to admire how he cared for his family and the little girl adopted a few years ago. Though she had no one directly at home waiting on her, she wanted to keep it that way as this profession rarely allowed for a meaningful relationship. That had to be hard on him, leaving Yoko with a sitter for months on end. Her mind drifted as he finished his meal and soon her gaze drifted back to the avenue to the far left, noting several speeders passing by, people shopping across the street, dealing with vendors and other merchants, going on with their lives as if nothing was going on here. Corellia had troubles not that far from this resort town with Imperial troops patrolling the streets, enforcing curfews and with the rising of the sun everything was back to normal again.

Or it would be soon enough, she determined.

"You bring your nicer suit for this party, or do we have to stop by a tailor?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Natacha
    He had always respected her choice of remaining on her own, because during some personal conversations they had had over the years, whether in an actual down time or before a risky mission, she had said as such. They knew each other fairly well. The fact they were colleagues too also allowed them to speak of matters they otherwise kept to themselves, for confidentiality's sake. He still wished that she would be open to the possibility of having someone in her life on a personal level. Would he hope she chose him in such case? Very much so, but even if it wasn't him, he could respect that. He just believed that having a romantic partner or even a family might be good to her. Yet, he would never impose his personal views on her nor would he go beyond their casual banter.

As the waitress brought the bill, he fetched it and paid for both their meals. It was an odd and somewhat silly game as he had lost tracks of times when one or the other had done it. It amused him and this time he got her. Enjoying some little pleasures of life and instants of silliness didn't hurt.

"You wound my feelings, Sweet Goddess of War," he replied with a fake offended look before grinning. "I made sure to bring my two nicer suits. What about you? Did you already do your shopping since you had an early arrival?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Seeing the waitress approach with their bill as she took his plate, Akilah leaned in to hand her the credstick that had been given for the mission, then noticed as he took it instead. Grinning, she shook her head as he then called her that nickname again. Replacing the slender device to her pocket, she smiled. "The minute I got the invitations," she replied, keeping busy while waiting for him to arrive offering a lot of time to get other things done. "A nice black one, with a pair of new heels." Rising from her chair, she pushed it in and prepared to leave finally. Being here and gaining intel on the normal daily routine of various regulars to these shops and cafe in particular would help in the future if she wasn't sure about a new face.

Turning, she meandered through the covered tables. Passing an older couple on her left, typically seated in the same seats they were always in the last few days. In ten minutes, he would have convince her to leave and check on their daughter's real estate office down on Eighth. Leading Sebarek from the front of the cafe and out into the open air of the regular sidewalk, she felt more at ease. Nearing a middle aged man exiting his barber shop, she nodded to him. "Max, how's it going?"

"Good, you," he replied, glancing to Sebarek now with her. "See your friend made it. Nice to meet you."

Glancing to her fellow agent, she grinned. "Regulars along this street are becoming familiar," she explained.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast