Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imperial/Alliance Diplomatic Shenanigans

TheHolo.Net Poster

No, Mister Belargic. I expect you to... die.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Vince
    Within the darkness just beyond the horizon; behind the shroud that blinds your sight
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Evanar View Post
    This has a lot of possibility for subthreads and weird alliances that won't get in the way of talks themselves.

Like an unlikely people jointly stopping an assassination attempt. We could keep threads small and more agile that way while the big one can keep moving.

Personally this would be a good opportunity to dust off some of my other characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonis Inirial View Post

How "public" are we going to make the talks? Jovan Station already has a pretty healthy civilian population and a lot of travellers/etc. If we're having this summit take place on the station, and if we don't plan to sorta... clear the station of all it's civilian inhabitants, then having non-delegate people at the summit is probably something worth embracing.

We could even make a sort of world's fair thing going on in the background. While the politicians are having their meetings/etc behind closed doors, maybe merchants / etc from across the Empire and Alliance are showing up to sell their wares. Some dude from Corellia who has a whole freighter full of Corellian brandy that they're selling to Alliance officers who can't get it any more, Cizerack and Bothan merchants selling fine silks, SoroSuub offering a spare parts service for freighter types who can't readily get them elsewhere, etc.

Or maybe that kind of stuff isn't even happening on the station itself, but rather out in the "parking lot" outside the station? A bunch of freighters floating around with shuttles of shoppers going back and forth... something that's an absolute security nightmare for the officers on Jovan, but that doesn't necessarily present an overt threat to the summit's security. Kinda like back in Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica, where the Vice President nominations were happening on Cloud 9, and only a handful of civilians were allowed to show up to the actual quorum itself, but there were ships/etc all around full of people paying attention to what was going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post

It'd be the biggest flea market and tailgate party the station will have ever seen!
    As far as the Jovan Diplomatic Talks series of threads this is what I had in mind though perhaps not as in depth as having a fair in the background, though I absolutely love the Corellian whiskey and freighter parts service ideas. Keeping the main thread(s) from getting bogged down due to waiting for someone to post or trying to find and keep the momentum of a conversation or series of actions going in the middle of what would be essentially a posting melee was the main reasoning for the series of subthreads.

So we have:

Empire

Tear, Atrapes, Ceto, Delgado, Sindy and other Cadet(s), Gallus/Sanya Tagge, Ordon Trozky; more?

Alliance

Tell Cho, Jen's Ciz Character, Miranda's Senator, Grace Van-Derveld, etc

And the issues that we can split up and discuss are:

Travel, Border Security, Passports

Trade
    (Both in the wider political talks and perhaps between individual business people themselves)

Neutral Sectors, Criminal Investigations and Terrorist Attacks(?)

And so on and so forth blah blah

And then there's potential background non-political shenanigans:

Assassination/Terrorism Attempt(s)

Imperial Cadets and Jedi Padawans

Jovan Diplomatic Fair
    (smugglers, bounty hunters, independent peoples milling around and getting into trouble maybe!)

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Salem would be representing the Alliance also

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Just tell me where you want me, and I will be there Even if it's just a cameo, I'm happy to add flavor

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A larrrge penjisss jisss alwajysss welcome!

AKA
    Charley
    Bothawui, or one of her many villas in the Carshoulis Cluster
    I like the idea of breaking up these threads almost as committees where one area of discussion is represented and each faction has one or two people involved, making for at most, six people per thread (if we assume two of those six at maximum are guys like the mandos or the hutts)

The topics mentioned by Vince are all great. Would we want to add Starkiller proliferation to that list? I'm sure that the Alliance and Empire would want to set up some means of monitoring, SALT treaty, red phone type cold war business.

Any other issues? Would environmental stuff make the cut in a galaxy where planets are sort of self contained from each other? I don't necessarily want to make a thread because there is a topic, I want to make sure what the committees talk about is interesting from a reader's standpoint.

I have Torrsk Oruo'rel and Tukphen - Ministers for Defense and Supply respectively. It probably makes sense on paper for them to be in some of those talks, but since I have people on the Imp and Mandalore/Hutt side too, I'm happy to have them take more of a back seat, so that the other Senators/reps are doing most of the talking, etc.

I like the conmittee idea. We've basically got two categories of stuff: military/security stuff, and trade/economics stuff. Maybe that's a good basis for dividing the issues? Tear/Delgado/Rossos/etc versus Salem/Torrsk/Grace/etc (and a Jedi?) tackling things like borders, citizenship, the prosecution of terrorists/crimminals, etc on the one hand, and Ceto/Tagge/etc versus the Cizerack/Cho/etc and the independent peeps discussing trade / neutral sectors / etc?
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

Jaanseerra Arretaura
    Mjinjisssterrr of Commerrrce! jI knew jI wasss sssomeone jimporrrtant... of course

What was concluded or led into in the aspects of the passports & borders? If nothing yet, I'm going to function under the belief that there is a need for passports and credentials, or you'll have a hard time (or worst) in threads.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Quote Originally Posted by Injah Bas View Post
    What was concluded or led into in the aspects of the passports & borders? If nothing yet, I'm going to function under the belief that there is a need for passports and credentials, or you'll have a hard time (or worst) in threads.
    Nothing yet.

We haven't started the threads yet. Aha ahaha haha... haha... ha...

Planning stages are long.... and involved.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Remember how we almost actually did this?

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Are you bumping this just to shame us for our inability to do things?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    We should still do it!

edit: establishing diplomatic ties is important

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

I'm still down to sit in a conference room.

With tea. AND ...crumpets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12