Thread: The Circle: FAQ and Plotter

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Jenny

News The Circle: FAQ and Plotter

What is the Circle?

The Circle is a secret group who use the Dark Side of the Force to further their political aspirations, with the ultimate goal of gaining control of the Galaxy and destroying the Jedi. The group is lead by Salem Ave (aka Darth Callidus). The group began as a small gathering of Force Users on the world of Onderon, where Salem Ave acted as adviser to the Queen Adraudia. Later, a marriage between Adraudia's ward Razielle Shadana and the Hapan Prince, Tristan Alastor, allowed the Circle to gain a foothold within the Hapes Consortium - and later, through assassination, supplant Razielle as the Queen Regent of the Consortium.

What type of character does the Circle suit?

For the most part, the Circle is about political intrigue, back-stabbing and using the Force as discretely. If your character has an affinity for the Force and is ambitious, there is a good chance that they will fit right in. You could be a politician, a noble, a business person. You may be a native of one of the systems the Circle already operates in, or a foreigner who has been attracted to them. Whatever the case, you will walk a fine, careful line between your public persona and your true identity, as a Sith or Dark Jedi.

If your character is not so discrete, there may still be a place for you - operating either as a shadowy assassin, or as part of the Nightsister clan on Dathomir.

The group is primarily made up of Sith and Dark Jedi, but there is scope for non-Force Users to become part of their ranks, knowingly or otherwise.

Where can you find the Circle?

As a clandestine group, the Circle does not have a headquarters or base of operations. Instead, members of the faction are spread throughout the Galaxy. Some hold public offices of power and influence, whilst others work within the shadows.

• Onderon - where the Circle began. Onderon is ruled by Adraudia Basille (aka Darth Creas).
    • Dathomir - a faction of the Circle who aren't even aware that they are part of the wider machinations of Darth Callidus, the Nightsisters of Dathomir. The Nightsisters are guided by clan mother Matier, and her council of Anjali, Megaera and Tristan.
    • The Hapes Consortium - last and by no means least, the sovereign worlds of the Hapes Cluster. Having recently been drawn into the Alliance of Free Planets, the Hapes Consortium is for the first time in generations engaging with the Galaxy at large. For some Hapans, this presents great opportunity, whilst others view the opening of their borders as a terrible thing. The Hapes Consortium is ruled by Beatrix Alastor, her mother Razielle (aka Darth Anxia) and Razielle's consort and the Lord Protector of Hapes, Salem Ave.

The group is actively looking for additional planets to gain influence with, in particular any with hereditary matriarchies similar to Hapes or monarchies similar to Onderon.

How can I join?

As I hope you can see by now, the Circle is a faction with many avenues of entry. If you'd like to join, please reach out to one of the users mentioned in this post. Let us know a little about your character idea and how you see your character joining and aiding the Circle. Alternatively, please post in this thread with that information.
    Last edited by Salem Ave; May 9th, 2019 at 11:15:44 AM.

Shy is definitely more intrigue and drama than military life, though she's had a lot of martial training with melee weapons. Being drawn into the duke's family and life, she adapted to learning about Hapan politics and culture - even using her trained ability with elixirs and potions to influence or even poison a target when the need arose. I was talking to Razi about how Shy could be involved with some plot in the capital near the palace and her Force abilities would ping to either of you. Still coming up with the details, but wanted to get the who and where fleshed out with what's going on with Hapes right now. I'm even good with creating some unknown working for the Rifle Worlds or another faction looking to overthrow Razi. Just point me in a direction and I'll get Shy started. I had in mind to begin with the night that her husband - the duke of Sargon - dies and take it from there, in case you guys still needed some time to flesh out some other things. Either way.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Madeleia
    Being a Sith historian and archaeologist, Sianna travels a lot and though much of her time has been on Dathomir, she's also visited a host of other ancient Sith worlds over the years. Finding and helping to influence another system ruled by a monarchy would be right up her alley. A priestess of the Sith'aria, Sianna also is trying to reintroduce the ancient beliefs of the original Sith from Korriban and Ziost after they had been introduced to the version of the Force by Sorzus Syn and the dark jedi that landed there. Having the opportunities to get to know Dathomiri culture, Sianna wants to begin adapting the Sith ways to what the Nightsisters already believe. Her ultimate dream is to help re-establish the Sith Empire which once ruled nearly the whole galaxy.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    As discussed, Shy will join us and Sianna will not, being more suited to our neighbours The Sith Order.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sometimes I think about having you executed, just to see the expression on your face!

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyahwyn View Post
    or another faction looking to overthrow Razi. Just point me in a direction and I'll get Shy started.

Off with her head.

Just kidding! I think you should meet Kris Bonnie.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Mmmm, brains! *munches*

Lucianus Adair (the public name of the entity called Marsuo'ur'stalis), was first introduced to the members of the Circle on Onderon, and went with those that left for Hapes. At Hapes, he has been a member of the court, and one of the young queen's many tutors. Though he has been loyal, there is no one that knows more of his past than Razielle, though only what little has been mentioned when he has been in her company on many an evening, in games of cards, divoran holochess, and the like.

Though a millennium and a half is a broad swath of time to fill, there is one point in time that is pertinent to the interests of the Circle: his ties to the Tapani sector.

Sanfis Feldor is an Adumari businessman whose presently shamed life will soon be dragged back into the ranks of purpose and pride. As a former member of the Adumari social elite, Sanfis is no stranger to both political manipulations and the methods that such aspirations require. He trained under Braska Tankreyd, learning to gradually understand the gifts that had so far supported him. But it wasn't to be, as a misstep brought his families status crashing down. The present Sanfis is a shell of his former self; doubtful and lacking in focus, mind still latched onto the political power that was nearly his to command. In his first few threads, Sanfis will battle with his shame as an Adumari outcast, whilst being reacquainted with the world of hierarchy that suits him so well. As a potential member of the Circle, Sanfis would find in them a cause greater than myself. Allowing him to regain his self worth and work towards a common goal. Sanfis Feldor is a Dark Jedi in the making, if only his natural talents for intrigue and manipulation could be focused. He sees his talents as tools that can be used to his ends, yet has no desire to bring suffering to people. Sanfis represents order and stability - which often means forcefully taking such from those who cannot see the correct way forward. It is my hope to continue to grow his Freighter business, as a side project and cover for his work as a (hopeful) member of the Circle.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Sounds like a solid basis for a membership in the Circle.

If you ever want to pursue that political career again, let me know

Thrakia is a world ripe with Hapan traditionalist opposed to the recent decision to open the Consortium's borders. The world's affluence is attributed heavily to the exportation of it's natural resources. Most feel the value of their goods will depreciate should the Crown allow foreign trade to commence within their borders. Most, but not all.

Hydrocus Venetia, seneschal of the Venetia ancestral seat and uncle of the current Baroness, sees the opportunity for advancement. Actively pursuing means of increasing his nieces influence on Thrakia brings him into contact with Circle members where loyalty might be traded for support in undermining the current Ducha so that the crowns hold Thrakia is tightened.

Still trying to roll this lady off the production line as well. I have her plotter up, but only one thread so far I think, - which is on hold.

Hydrocus, let's do a thing with these two?

If he doesn't wish to, I can. Been needing some interaction with this lady of Sargon for a while.

D3X-99
    D3X-99 is the perfect assassin droid to use against Force-users, Jedi and Sith alike. Any room for him in The Circle?

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Just made a small change to the first post, to reflect the current state of the group