Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ongoing Skype Chat!

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I agree with Jace: the chat box simply could not replace an AIM chat in its current format. Personally, I found AIM invaluable and never experienced any real issues with it. When roleplaying, I relied on chat logs a lot to keep tabs on plans I'd discussed with others, and the benefits of being able to make those plans in real time with one or numerous people are self-explanatory. As for the software itself, I can't comment because I've used Trillian for years, and I'd recommend that to anyone.

Edit: Having said that, removing an external chat from the picture may well give the OOC areas the same kind of constant buzz they used to have. If growing the community is the goal, then I'd say that would be a step in the right direction.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Okay, if someone wants to make a thread called 'places you can find posters to chat' e.g. how to get into AIM or Skype convos that are taking place - we can sticky it in this forum. I'm not sure that there are going to be many new people crying out because they can't find these conversations already, when most of our user-base is recruited by existing users, but if we want to cover the scenario that someone might turn up and want to chat and not know how - a sticky thread can happen.

As for the plotters that are non-character specific, I'd see that as something that the RP Discussion forum should already be doing. If people want to post that kind of thing, have at it.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I'm a doctor, not a Jedi, Jim! What you're asking for is impossible! Oh, wait, I am a Jedi.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Kaman
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MiriyaCailis Steam ID: Gyndar
    Well, I've gone and created it, anyway.

Click here. That's a join link, guys and gals, that'll always give you the Skype chat. It should take you to web skype, with a pop-up giving the option to open the link in the desktop application.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilias Nytrau View Post

Click here.
    Good.

oh what a tangled web I weave

Quote Originally Posted by Ilias Nytrau View Post

Click here. That's a join link, guys and gals, that'll always give you the Skype chat. It should take you to web skype, with a pop-up giving the option to open the link in the desktop application.
    ^ This is another big advantage of a skype chat: you can actually hyperlink to it, rather than needing to get an existing person to invite you. Makes it super accessible for everyone.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12