Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of Place

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Jenny
    “He was?”

Aaron’s eyebrows lifted. It didn’t come as a shock, that Elaine had some inclination of Dasquian’s whereabouts. It was more surprising that Dasquian had been on Bothawui, perhaps close at hand, when the two brothers had been separated by entire star systems for so long.

“I asked around some of the Alliance personnel based in the Senate. Many of them knew his name but… they weren’t sure whether he was even working with them anymore.”

Elaine's expression was one of patience, cool and calm as always, but obviously that patience had been tested on the subject. Something that might even have been frustration.

"It's why I have not mentioned it. The truth is I do not really know one way or the other. I've reached out to him.." More than once.

She sipped her drink, smiling again at the children who were growing bolder, creeping ever closer toward Aaron. Elaine suspected to get a better look at his hat.

"The most common answer I've received has been 'Unavailable'. One of my aides mentioned the possibility, but I have not yet heard back from him. It may be that there was no truth to it at all. I'm.. sorry."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    When Elaine smiled, Aaron followed her gaze to the children, and then to the object of their attention. When the children realised they were being watched, they flashed nervous grins as their eyes darted between the feathered hat and Aaron’s own, somewhat bemused smile.

“No, there’s no need to apologise,” he said, turning his attention back to Elaine. “It’s very kind of you to spend time looking into his whereabouts for me. Dasquian was always... very good at only being found when he wanted to be.”

Unavailable was one of the more kind responses Elaine had received. 'Probably dead' had been among them, in fact. None of the answers amounted to anything, as they had not provided any solid information one way, or another. If Dasquian was dead surely someone ought to know? Frustrating was an understatement, and to think.. she had once fancied herself infatuated with the impossible man.

The thought, made her smile and scoot closer to Aaron. "I just thought..perhaps the emphasis of having Senator attached to my name might prompt some answers where they had been denied before."

"What would you say to him, if we did find him?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “I… haven’t the foggiest idea,” Aaron said, shaking his head. “It’s been so long since he left the Consortium. I wouldn’t know where to begin.”

Even before Dasquian had run away to join the Rebellion, the two brothers hadn’t been close. Not in the way that… Aaron’s stomach knotted. He wasn’t the only one who had lost a brother.

“With the support and resources of the Chume, we could begin again in earnest the search for Prince Tristan.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12