Thread: Resurgent class Star Destroyer

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar

The Force Awakens Resurgent class Star Destroyer

[
    Official Stats:
    Name: Resurgent class Star Destroyer
    Length: 2,915 meters
    Armament: 3,000+ Turbolasers and Ion Cannons plus Tractor Beam Projectors
    Hangar Capacity: 2 Wings (144) of TIE Fighters, 100 Assault Craft, 1 Legion of Stormtroopers.

Unofficial Stats (My addition):
    Sublight: 60 MGLT (Same as ImpStar)
    Hyperdrive: 1.0 Past Lightspeed

Armament:
    20 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries (Okay in the film we see Poe and Finn take out two batteries, which according to Hux was all of their turbolasers, but probably were just the ones that could be brought to bear. So with two on the ventral side, figure probably ten on the sides, plus maybe eight up top. Keep in mind that these are probably much more powerful individual batteries then what the Impstars had, again from their looks)
    800 Turbolaser Cannons (We see a lot of turbolaser fire from all around the ship where they're flying the TIE Fighter and even still while they're evading the missiles.)
    100 Quad Missile Launchers (Same logic with the Turbolasers, except Hux says specifically for the Central Battery to fire, implying that there are more.)
    200 Ion Cannons (Random Number to complement the Turbolasers)
    20 Tractor Beam Projectors

The unofficial stats are proposed only if people want to get more technical. Personally I'm fine with just using the official stats as provided. ]

[
    I thought Hux ordered the "ventral" missile cannons to fire?

Not that it makes a huge amount of difference - if the 3000+ from the official stats is correct, having only two of each on the ventral surface is a bit odd, and your speculative numbers are well on the conservative side!

Perhaps Poe targeted the "turret" mounted turbolasers - the ones that are "fast" enough to track something as agile as a starfighter? In the EU, turbolasers are devastating, but fighters are usually agile enough to move out of the way, which is why Lancer Frigates were armed with quad lasers instead.
    ]

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    Okay so I read an interesting little tidbit about the base stats, the three thousand number for turbolasers includes all the cannons, before they're grouped up into batteries or turrets. Going by the revised Imperial Star Destroyer MK1 stats, which lists about two thousand turbolasers, that would roughly work out to about 15 cannons per battery. Therefore, I've revised my armament list as follows;

Armament:
    100 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries
    *15 Cannons Per Battery
    100 Turbolaser Batteries
    *15 Cannons Per Battery
    10 Ion Batteries
    *10 Cannons Per Battery
    10 Missile Turrets
    *4 Tubes Per Turret
    *25 Warheads Per Tube
    20 Tractor Beam Projectors

Total Base Armament: