Thread: The Force Awakens: Novelisation

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

Books The Force Awakens: Novelisation

Because I'm so desperate for more Star Wars and I've heard this fills in some details from the movie, I am reading this.

Anyone with me?

Scout Ravenwood
    I haven't read it, but I read this io9 article which had some interesting bits in it:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-11-bigges...e-v-1749329046

Helps fill in a few holes too. (The Visual Dictionary is great for that too, by the way, and worth picking up).

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I really want to read it - have to gather my funds for books and time with which to read them...

oh what a tangled web I weave

I'm DESPERATE to read it! I still haven't spotted it anywhere but it's starting to leak. I bought the Art of TFA to tide me over. I was going to pick up the Visual Dictionary, but I'll wait till that goes on clearance. The Art of Book has some gorgeous McQuarrie styled drawings that I want to pour over and a lot of great info as well.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    It's only available as an ebook right now - the hard copy doesn't come out until January

You could get the ebook right now I believe, but I can't stand ebooks.

I can't recommend this Art of Book enough! The illustrations are amazing. They're presented in chronological order and you get to see the different stages of development for characters. In her early drafts Rey was much younger, around 12-15. Rey, Finn, and Poe all had different names. You get to see exactly when certain character arcs started to come in to shape. It starts out around January 2013. I'm right around May 2013 right now. Every drawing of the Falcon so far still has the round radar antenna. And some of the abandoned ship designs and locations are so good that I hope we get to see them somewhere down the line. If you don't want to pay $40 for this it's definitely worth a trip down to a big box book store where you can sit and read it while you guzzle down an overpriced beverage.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    The audiobook is really great. The guy narrating really nails every character so far!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    And I'm done. It was en enjoyable listen, so I would certainly recommend the audiobook to anyone that way inclined.

The differences with the movie - and the extra info revealed - certainly gives some food for thought, particularly about the likes of Snoke.