Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whatcha doin' in the Wasteland?

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    While I love my revolver to death, it wasn't packing the punch I needed consistently.

So I modded a Combat Rifle.

Now I am the proud owner of the spin off of the Combat Rifle: the E-11 Combat Rifle. :3

Oh man I've gotten some insane legendary guns.

An assault rifle with explosive bullets and a plasma shotgun that also does cryo damage. That is ludicrous

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

I have five guns I use on a regular basis:

Frances, a hunting rifle that does additional radiation damage that O can get upwards of three hundred damage in one shot

The Merasska Special, a .44 that I use which is basically a hand cannon

The Coward's Rifle, which is basically my sniping funsies

Vera, a shotgun I use for Yao Guai and Deathclaws

And the E-11 Combat Rifle which I use on the regular

I gotta say I'm having fun beefing up guns in this.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I have a special attachment to The Clumsy Giraffe, my recon scoped and suppressed sniper rifle.

Then I have The Graceful Hippo, a combat shotgun that I've modded up to a decent 120-ish range.

Howlin' Mad Murphy is another sniper rifle with a long scope, a compensator, and a .50 receiver so that it drops a super mutant with two hits.

I'm not entirely gung-ho on something that will one-shot kill (unless it's an awesome longshot from a distance), so I'm not going power-mad on the hit points delivered right now.

I did get Mr. Finch's flame sword, and named it Dr. Scratchypaws, and I have a scoped bull barrel .44 that I named The Laughing Rhino. That one is fun to play with.

Once I build my pen-ultimate sniper rifle though, I plan on naming it Long Tall, since I named my character Sally >_>

I have so many guns. D:

Mostly I use pistols. Most of the time I run around with a 44... I haven't got any legendary or unique versions of that gun yet, but it's still decent enough to one or two shot most raider / ghoul / super mutant type enemies I come up against. My back-up is the Deliverer, from the Railroad quest line... the damage isn't huge, but the rate of fire is super fast, which is great for close quarters eyeballing, and INSANE for VATS, I get about ten shots which can clear a room in a few seconds if I'm smart about it.

Archangel is my sniper, which has some sort of legendary perk to do with not being in combat an action points (I think?), which does not do as much damage as I would like. I just picked up and tricked out The Last Minute, which is the unique gauss rifle you can buy after you liberate the Castle, but I'm waiting to get more bullets to field test her. I have a combat shotgun called Katana, because combat shotguns are always fun, and I have My Little Friend, which is a submachine gun that does plasma damage, so it turns things into puddles of green goo.

I've got the Ashmaker (minigun with fire damage from the Bobbi No-Nose quest), and I've got one of the unique missile launchers (Party-something?) tricked out with four barrels and fire-and-forget targeting. I have one of those "fires an extra bullet" combat rifles, that I'm thinking of tricking out as a not-so-long-range sniper rifle of some sort, because it reminds me a little of my favourite gun from Mass Effect. I'm keeping an eye out for a decent assault rifle too - gonna call her Vicki, because it reminds me of the Vickers machine gun. I'd love something with the explosion perk too, preferably something I can make automatic because that seems like way too much fun.

I don't have any sort of melee stuff at the moment (my shotgun is my "ahhhhhhh get the fuck away from me!!!" weapon), but I may add that in if I come across anything nice.

I don't have any energy weapons though. I HATE them. They're too bulky, they fill up too much of the screen... may try and rig up a laser pistol in case that's any better, and I will most definitely have a gattling laser once I come across one... but I much prefer the bullet guns.
    Last edited by Captain Untouchable; Dec 5th, 2015 at 07:12:43 AM.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Holy crap Boston turned into a warzone. Raiders Super Mutants Brotherhood and Yao Guai and Deathclaws all fighting .

Fought a Shaggy Yao Guai who chased me through a running Raider and Super Mutant battle with Brotherhood peeps. Recon scopes are amazing in a related note.

Paladin Danse has the same voice as Sovereign from Mass Effect.

The Brotherhood of Steel are all Reapers. #confirmed

Does picking a faction to build the relay result in committing to that faction? I picked the brotherhood to build it because I figure they have the most technical know-how, but I really don't want that to mean that I'm stuck with the Brotherhood because at this point I'm much more amenable to either the Railroad or the Minutemen (or hell, even the Institute if they convince me).

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

I do Minutemen quests simply because they give me locations on my map and on the way, depending on the distance I can level twice.

Also: Drinking Buddy is awesome but SO SLOW.

Also also: Running battle with Ghouls on rooftops and makeshift catwalks? Pretty cool.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Is it just me or is Curie like Eluna Matea with Palara's accent?
    Last edited by Kazahan; Dec 11th, 2015 at 05:49:02 PM.

Alis'ans'amey
    I've finally started playing Fallout 4! I'm not far yet though >.>

After discovering the character build options not only allows your character to be stick thin but also caked in make-up (despite being a wasteland survivor), I decided my character was the ex-supermodel trophy wife of her soldier husband, and designed her to be completely unsuited for adventuring. The perfect person to be killed off and have her baby stolen while her husband sets out for revenge... except... unfortunately, it happened the other way around.

Now she has to save the day in the wasteland with only her sky high charisma and average agility to help her .

So far, I'm just doing the standard story missions I think. Currently totally missing lots of raiders in power armour on top of some building because I can't aim AT ALL with a PS4 controller.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123