Thread: Kate Kane - Batwoman

DC Kate Kane - Batwoman

KATHERINE "KATE" KANE
    Thirties :: American :: Vigilante / (reluctant) Department of Extranormal Operations Agent

Currently in: Gotham City

Character Background

• During Kate's childhood, the Kane family lived in Belgium, where her father worked for NATO. During this time, Kate's mother and two sisters were kidnapped by terrorists and killed during a rescue attempt.
    • Attended, and was expelled from, West Point military academy under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".
    • Has operated as a vigilante in Gotham for a number of years.

Raw Material

• In her civilian identity, Kate is a socialite and the heiress to the Kane family fortune.
    • She's an army brat, and though she's been expelled from the military, still feels a duty of service to her country.
    • She declined a place in Bruce Wayne's "Bat family" - but continues to use the bat as a symbol while operating as a vigilante in Gotham.
    • Kate is tenuously employed by the D.E.O, having made a deal of unknown terms with their Director.
    • Her fiancée, Maggie Sawyer, was killed in the line of duty. Kate, through the Kane family, set up the Margaret Sawyer Memorial Trust, to provide both support (both financial and otherwise) to women in the armed forces.
    • She does not play well with meta-humans - partly due to their responsibility for her late fiancées death.

Plot Ideas

• Investigations into and confrontations with meta-humans
    • Confrontations with the Bat family
    • Look just generally confrontation I've got a lot of anger that needs working out okay?

Existing Relationships

• Director Bones - the head of the D.E.O. and Kate's "boss".
    • Cameron Chase - D.E.O agent tasked with keeping tabs on Kate.
    • Bette Kane - aka. Flamebird, cousin.
    • Renee Montaya - aka. The Question, ex-girlfriend.
    • Maggie Sawyer - fiancée, deceased.
    • The Wayne family - Kate is connected to Bruce and the rest of the Wayne family through Martha Wayne (nee Kane).

Current Plots

• None yet.

Last edited by Kate Kane; Oct 26th, 2015 at 05:43:57 AM.

No way. I get to work with the freaking Batwoman?

I have a DEO set up / expositiony thread I'm working on... let me finish powering through the intro part, and then we can work out how to get Kate and Booster acquainted?

Also, are you hoping to get someone to write Agent Chase for ease of banter / interaction / etc, or should I add her (and Bones?) to the NPC list?

If someone wants to write Chase or Bones, I'm absolutely game.

If not, I'll banter with NPCs for a while

Right! That's my stupid intro sorted out! Onward, etc!

Stephanie Brown
    Batgirl and Batwoman could be a lot of fun. Especially when that Batgirl is me

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brown View Post
    Batgirl and Batwoman could be a lot of fun. Especially when that Batgirl is me
    Maybe I could show you the ropes. Literally.

Have you found a metahuman to be responsible for Maggie's death yet? If not, I might be able to help out on that front... were you thinking that she died in a sort of "she was trying to stop the bad guy, but she was no match for a metahuman" sort of way, or are you thinking there's more of an ominous plot sort of thing involved... killed because of a case she was investigating, etc?

I'm game for whatever, really! I was originally thinking she was collateral damage in a fight between metas, but it could be something more targeted than that if you've something in mind?