Thread: Halloween Slasher Thread - Anybody interested?

Scout Ravenwood

Halloween Slasher Thread - Anybody interested?

So, those of you in the AIM chat know that I've been watching lots of cheesy slasher movies in the run up to Halloween, and it gave me an idea to start a Halloween tradition of our own; our own slasher thread. My idea for this is that we invent a proper, iconic killer, inspired by the old slasher movies, and then set him on a bunch of teenage characters who are together for some reason. It'd be set in the Star Wars universe, and we'd make it proper canon, so nobody dies unless you want to kill them off, but at the same time, we can make fun of all the cliches and stuff, and just have a fun Halloween thread.

I've even designed a Star Wars themed unstoppable murderer to hunt our characters down (although we can change this if people have different ideas):

An untold amount of time ago, centuries, perhaps millennia, there was a Gen'dai Jedi Knight. He was skilled and powerful, but like all Gen'dai, because increasingly unstable as his life went on, never able to die. Eventually, he fell to the Dark Side, and rose through the ranks to become Darth Immortus, an all powerful Sith Master (we can change the name, but I wanted something slashery and cheesy). As time went on, however, he only grew more monstrous, more insane, until not even the Sith could reason with him, and worse yet, none could replace him, as Sith kill their masters to move on, and Immortus could not be killed.

Eventually, the Sith and Jedi worked together to take him down, slicing him in to pieces and sealing each piece away in a Force-sealed box, so that he might never reform...

Thousands of years later, our teenage characters stumble upon these boxes, and of course they open them. Immortus reforms, now even more insane from centuries chopped up. A huge, unstoppable, unkillable, silent killer with a deadly giant lightsaber, he hunts the teenagers down for revenge, believing they're the ones that imprisoned him...

The way I'd suggest this works is that the Immortus account would be a generic account we all know the password for, so anybody can write a post from him. He'd obviously be crazy OP'd, but he'd only ever be used in one thread a year, the Halloween thread. (The idea being if this is a success, we can make it a slasher 'franchise', so we can then parody the cheesy sequels every year and have our own iconic Halloween event). This way it's 100% fair, and anything he does could be wildly unpredictable so that nobody is in the know about what he'll do next.

We'd set some rules for what he can and cannot do (for example, he can never speak), and we could introduce an idea he's capturing teens for a ritual rather than killing them so he can 'kill' characters and they won't be dead, but overall, I think it could be really fun.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Maybe we could do something like this with a sort of Cryptkeeper account narrating a collection of short Halloween stories that folks team up to write together? Something like a mix between Tales from the Crypt and Twilight Zone.

Either way, I really like your concept for Darth Immortus. Heck, I'd like to see you bring him into the rest stuff. I'm game for anything you've got

Scout Ravenwood
    Thanks . I just want Immortus to be an OP'd Halloween killer really, not a proper character, but I think he could be fun for that.

Cryptkeeper stuff could be fun, but I thought it'd be really fun to come up with our own cheesy slasher movie series we can do every year. Slowly build up our own lore around it and stuff. Every time a new person comes then they'd have this history of Halloween adventures to look at all with the same villain.

It could just be one of the Cryptkeeper tales that occurs every year.

Yes. Very yes.
    a.k.a. Hunk, a.k.a. "That guy from Wisconsin who never posts"