TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

Image(s) Included Star Wars Poster Now, Trailer Tomorrow

The new trailer debuts tomorrow night on ESPN during Monday night football.

oh what a tangled web I weave

Minnie Starshine
    I adore this poster, even if the sign of another spherical superweapon suggests this might really be a rehash of Episode IV.

Also no Luke

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Maybe it's a planet with engines. It could just be a big ship and not a superweapon. Maybe.

edit: omg, Coruscant splits apart, engines appearing...and goes to hyperspace

Liking the poster, though I'm not sure about the whole giant superweapon thing. Curious about Rey's staff with Ren's saber directly ignited behind it - is that supposed to imply there's more to her staff than they're letting on? Excited for the trailer tonight!!!

Just... wow, you guys.

Is it December yet?

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nuime Steam ID: Nuime
    Let's just skip November, okay?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

AAAAAAA we're watching it on a loop. The kids are entranced (as are their parents)

No surprise here...sites like Fandango crashed under the demand for tickets. This movie is going to break every box office record known to humankind.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/19/medi...d=hp-stack-dom

As far as the trailer itself goes? That little sequence with Rey all scavengy, where she's climbing around on a physical set for inside the Star Destroyer and then it just transitions into that breathtakingly gorgeous CGI backdrop as she is rappelling down on the rope?

That right there is why JJ Abrams was the right man for the job. Dude knows exactly how Star Wars is supposed to look.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Fandango is STILL down, has been down for over two hours!

I got mine through another site at a theatre that doesn't do fandango ticketing. They went down for a bit as well, but got back up fairly quickly.

Scout Ravenwood
    Is it bad that the bit of the trailer that makes me more excited than anything else is just seeing the Millenium Falcon flying around? It still feels like we'd never see that ship on screen again.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    I'm still emotional. I've seen it like 30 times at the very least.

Scout Ravenwood
    I don't have time for that. I've got work. Boo

It's cool though! Finally a glimpse of Leia too! I can't believe I don't have tickets >.>

Trailer's looking awesome - need to watch it in some more detail, but initial reactions are "YES!!!!!"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"I will finish what you started..."

Anyone else feel like that might be a nod from JJ Abrams towards George Lucas - that JJA will finish the saga that GL started? Maybe it's a stretch, but I kind of felt like that might just be a little gesture.

Also, in one of the early scenes on Jakku while looking up at the sky, there is a bit of wreckage in the foreground? Looks a bit like the foot of an AT-AT? I think we had heard at some point that Rey might be holed up in a wrecked walker, so that could be it. The more I'm watching the trailer, the more I'm liking it...

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

John Boyega's reaction is pretty epic, too!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/19...mayhew-twitter

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    My speculations:

1) Luke sent himself into a Yoda style exile to try and remove the influence of the force from Galactic Politics, a tactic which works well enough to reduce it all to rumors, until the new darksiders show up, which will then force him to return from exile.

2) The events of this movie take place either in the Outer Rim or the Unknown Regions. The Resistance is a small band of Rebels fighting against a breakaway band of the Empire, similar to a Warlord from the Legend EU. The threat posed by the "Warlord" isn't realized until a demonstration takes place with this Starkiller weapon that destroys a planet (probably Endor).

3) Despite what the trailers might imply, the Alliance probably won and it is the Empire that is shattered, with Han and Leia travelling around to assist against the remaining Warlords.

4) The man Kylo Ren spoke of finishing what he started was probably Palpatine and not Vader, finishing the conquering of the Galaxy with the new Superweapon.

My takeaway from all this is that I've found out exactly who I am most excited about and that who is Finn. Having a main protagonist who starts out as one of the bad guys and through a crisis of faith finds redemption...aaaagggh the hairs on my arms stand up with the thought. It's such a good way to have a good guy arrive on the scene. I may be partial because I've written a character who was a stormtrooper who became a Jedi for a very similar crisis of faith, but Finn speaks to me on so many levels.

As far as the rest, I am starting to believe more and more that Rey and Kylo Ren are the Solo twins. That Kylo showed potential and somehow fell short (maybe Luke tried to train him and it didn't take) and he disappeared, only to find his calling in the ashes of his grandfather. I think Rey goes to Jaku with Han and Chewie to find the Falcon amid the carnage of the Jaku graveyard, and while they're there, Finn drops into their laps. The First Order steamrolls in, and they escape, and Leia sees his potential, giving him Anakin's lightsaber that they recovered (somehow).

I think Rey grew up hearing about the mystical heroics of the Jedi and is skeptical of her old man's stories, but now that the Jedi are needed, she's about to find out how real they are.

As for Luke? Who knows why he's not there. Maybe he's on a Yoda sabbatical? I think failing with Kylo would give him reason to.

I think one of the major characters is going to die in this, and I think it's going to be Chewbacca. At least this will probably be a much nicer send-off than having a moon dropped on him in a book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast