Thread: Corellia - A Secret Exchange (Asha)

Minnie Starshine

Open Corellia - A Secret Exchange (Asha)

The Starspeeder 1000, one of Star Tour's older models, and yet the one Minnie's father insisted she flew until she earned her stripes, rocketed over the Corellian mountains, towards a small, forgotten refuelling station. Even in its heyday it had been used only for the odd transport, and in these times it was all but forgotten, only used for the odd Star Tours vehicles passing through. Minnie had been advised to land there to refuel, even though her ship had plenty, and to also drop off a package a passenger had 'accidently' left on board the ship. It was all incredibly suspicious to the right kind of mind.

Unfortunately, Minnie Starshine was not a girl with that kind of mind. She was far too preoccupied with applying another coat of hot pink nail polish to her three inch long false nails, sat back in the chair casually, occasionally stopping just to make a small adjustment on the controls the best she could without ruining the paint.
    "There! See, Arthree? Easy! Told you I'd find it!" She said chirply, speaking to R3-D7, the little astromech droid nestled up in the top of the ship. He gave a few beeps that sounded unimpressed. "You're not still holding that against me are you?" She complained back. "Look, one time dropping out of hyerspace in a meteor shower, one time, and anyway, the passengers loved it!" R3 managed a surly series of beeps that seemed to be arguing with her. "Yeah, screams of joy." She countered. "Anyway, bring us in to land. If we do this quickly, we can swing by that orbital bar for a couple of drinks. And the bartender is dreamy!" She smiled to herself as she headed towards the back of the ship, waving her hands around to encourage her nails to dry quickly. R3 beeped out further warnings. "Oh, who cares if it's against the rules? Official Star Tours guidelines say no false lashes or nails either, and that all heels must be under three inches in length, oh, and apparently my make-up doesn't count as 'light to moderate' either, so apparently I'm breakin' a rule there. And there's that whole thing about all the complaints about me wearing too much perfume and the passengers leaving smelling of it." R3 seemed to beep something that indicated he might agree with said passengers. "I don't care if it clogs the air filters, Arthree, my point is that I already break the rules anyway, so why not stop off at the bar too? Besides, what's Daddy gonna do, fire me?" She asked in her most spoiled tones as the ship gently touched down, and Minnie very nearly lost her balance, thanks to currently standing up and being in stiletto sandals.

"Seriously, I'm Daddy's little girl. We both know whatever I do, I can't get in any..." She opened the door, and stepped out on the run down, rusty old fuelling station. "...trouble." She finished, a big smile on glossy pink lips, totally unaware of just how wrong she was about that...

TheHolo.Net Poster

Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    The Star Tours shuttle touched down with a bump, and Ecks looked up from where he was negotiating a good rate for the refueling of his own ship, the Razor's Edge. The Drall waved it's arms, looking like a couple hairy potatoes stacked on top of each other, and the Falleen bounty hunter sighed and nodded. "Good enough. I'll be in the bar until you're done."

He eyed the human female who tottered down the ramp of the shuttle, and mentally dismissed her. Just another corporate pilot. Ecks made his way past her, toward the lonely looking bar that was huddled with a few other support buildings at the refueling station.

let the bodies hit the floor

Asha Vendax
    Being declared legally dead was a most interesting experience. Aside from a select few in Alliance Intelligence, including her partner Evet Neel, everyone else presumed the reports were true. That Asha Vendax, Alliance Agent, had perished in a shuttle crash on Corellia and her body had been destroyed in the subsequent fire. Which...was at least partially true, as all the best lies were.

There was a crash, but she had survived it, if only barely, thanks in no small part to her Shi’ido genetics. With a skeletal structure that could be described as cartilaginous at best, she’d endured the damage of the crash better than the other passengers who had indeed burned to a crisp after dying on impact. Asha should have been dead, but instead, had been given another chance at life and the perfect opportunity to help the Resistance on Corellia.

Which was the reason she was at a fueling station that time, the Alliance, and the Empire had all forgotten even existed. It wasn’t a bad drop point, all told – quiet, out of the way, and most often used by the Star Tours vehicle her contact was the pilot of. The package, which she didn’t actually know the contents of for security reasons, was a plain parcel that could have been left behind on the ship by any of the passengers it had taken on in the last few days.

In the tiny bar nearby, Asha waited in the third booth, looking nothing like the svelte brunette that was her usual form. Instead, she’d shifted into a short, middle-aged, plump blonde woman, clad in plain clothes that marked her as a worker from the research facility a few klicks away. Fidgeting with a very fruity drink the bartender had grumbled while he’d made, Asha watched the Star Tours shuttle touch down through grimy window beside her. The walking holo-ad for cosmetics that came teetering down the ramp moments later must have been her contact.

She would have been interesting enough to deal with had an armored Falleen not come sauntering through the door of the bar in short order. Asha’s finely honed sense of trouble had just started tingling, and while she hoped for a smooth drop, something told her it wouldn’t quite go to plan. But there was nothing to do save for wait until the woman came in to see her, so “Barb” sipped her drink and adopted an appropriate expression.

Minnie Starshine
    "Really? She's not even gonna meet me here?" Minnie said with a spoiled huff. She sighed, and trotted back in to the ship to retrieve the package, lifting it up and examining it, struggling a little with the weight. "Ugh, it's heavy!" She whined, although Minnie found anything heavier than a make-up brush 'heavy'. She was so spoiled she was naturally anything but strong. Still, carrying the package, she trotted back down to the platform, trying not to wince as her fancy stilettos came in to touch with the rusty old landing platform. She walked across, heels click clacking all the way, until she arrived at the grungy bar, and headed inside with such a look of distaste on her heavily made-up face it was obvious she was the spoiled rich girl out of her element.

She took in the two people she could see in the dingy bar. One was a big scary looking Falleen, and the other, a plump, unremarkable lady. Out of the two, it was difficult to know who had left the package. On one hand, she'd remember a giant scary Falleen. But on the other, how could a woman have travelled on a ship with Minnie and not picked up some invaluable fashion advice? But somehow, it seemed like the plump woman had managed it.

Regardless, deciding to avoid the scary Falleen and instead focus on the woman, and hoping to get this over with quickly so that she could get back to the bar she saw and spend valuable time flirting with the attractive bartender, she trotted on over, struggling with the weight of the package as she did.
    "Hiya! Did you leave this on my ship?" She asked casually, obviously wanting to just the entire thing over with.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    The bartender was pouring hot water into Ecks' drink when the Star Tours pilot came into the bar, and he spared her a glance, watching her through the dingy mirror on the wall. She hesitated, then beelined to the other occupant, chirping about something being left on her ship.

Which was odd, because he was pretty sure that the pilot was the only one who'd come off the ship, and what customer of Star Tours would be meeting them here, and why was it important enough to warrant a personal meeting... The bartender poked the steaming cup closer toward his elbow, and Ecks grunted, picking it up and inhaling the herbal aroma of the tea. It was just a generic bag, but better than no tea at all.

He kept his eye on the pair behind him (through the mirror) as he sipped, running their faces through the available bounties databank via the interface on his right gauntlet. He'd be alerted discretely through his earpiece if the computer discovered anything.
    Last edited by Ecks; Oct 21st, 2015 at 02:09:57 PM. Reason: ttt