Thread: The Fall of the Independents.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Event The Fall of the Independents.

Tear’s plans.

When I returned to these boards back in 2008 there were a few discussions going on. One of which was the idea of a galactic threat. The other was for a third power that would tip the balance away from the Empire. The other discussion was a need for a Sith group. So unknown to anyone I took it upon myself to try and do all of these things.

During this time a few people asked I was plotting exactly. The computer with the storylines all mapped out died on me years ago but I’ll do my best to reconstruct it. It’s not entirely in order though so bear with me.

Phase Zero

Tear, disillusioned with the Empires inability to crush the rebellion takes a task force of loyal Inquisitors into space.

During this time Tear came across the remains of a destroyed super weapon, the Dark Reaper, on Thule. Or more accurately what remained of the Force Harvester. The weapon was destroyed and Tear didn’t know enough about Sith artifacts to restore the device. That didn’t stop him from trying though. Managing to active the weapon with some modifications.

Tear later took his crusade to the planet of Cartoa and subjugated the planets natives. Looking for their long abandoned Spaarti cloning cylinder technology. Tear recovered one cylinder. He then tested his modified force harvester on one of the planets cities, wiping it out. The weapon, while effective in its destruction didn’t produce the expected results. It created a wound in space and time. Tear had been caught in the weapons blast. It was here he experienced his epiphany.

Tear’s crusade continued on to several other planets in search of Sith artifacts, tomes and relics in an attempt to shed more light on his recovered weapon.

Phase One

The Empire was going through a purge for Miranda Tarkin’s coronation. Moffs and Politicians that were refusing to kiss the ring were to be eliminated. Tear came in as this was going on and through his ties to the Inquisitoriate and through a virus implanted into the Imperial communications network by Rekoj in a previous thread he was able to both: Abduct/rescue some key Moffs while also stealing some starships from the orbiting fleet.

While this was happening he also contacted Sasseeri Reeouurra of the Black Sun who owed him a debt. Taking her off planet as well.

Tear also acquired his former victim Baralai Lotus now turned apprentice/disciple. At the same time abducting Hera from the Inquisitors to continue his training in the darkside.

Tear clones rescued Moffs and takes control of their sector fleets.

Phase Two

Tear returned to Coruscant to assassinate Miranda during her wedding. Instead he found potential in the Empress and took her as his apprentice.

The Sasseeri storyline was two fold: One was to hunt down Lilaena Deville and the other was to solidify a partnership with the Black Sun. Tear introduced Sasseeri to a drug he created called Rapture (later re-named Bliss by the Cizerack Vigo) in return for her selling the product and splitting the profits he would provide the muscle for her take over of Black Nebula.

Baralai Lotus is transformed into Darth Atra Volture. Hera’s power is restored. Key notes here would be Tears pursuit of Sith tomes and artifacts, which Hera lends her expertise. There’s also knowledge shared by Baralai to Tear in regard to Sith alchemy. This newfound knowledge produces several experiments. The results of one compound being released on a cargo ship’s crew, essentially zombifying them.

Tear travels to Diado to investigate the possibility of abandoned but salvageable droid factories. They crash land but the factories are found. Restoration and production begins.

Baralai Lotus attempts to bring some dark siders together at Dromund Kass to begin a new Sith Academy. Tear being the benevolent benefactor in this situation, providing constructions materials/ships/etc. **The Sith are moved into key positions of the Independents leadership. Effectively making it a new Sith Empire.**
    *This never occurred as group interest died for this plot.

Phase Three

Tear’s newly established Independent faction launches a three pronged surprise attack on the Empire.
    -The Massacre of Fondor
    -The Battle of Bastion
    -The Siege of Mandalore

Hera is given a task force to take Korriban.

Phase Four

The Cizerack join the Independents.

Tear resurfaces back into the Imperial spotlight at the Empress’s side. Effectively managing two identities. One as the masked Leader of the Independents, Lord Ba’al. The second as himself, acting as a Vader/Supreme Commander type character under Miranda.

As adviser to Miranda and commander of the Imperial forces he manages to win a huge victory at Bastion. Yet the Siege of Mandalore continues.

Tear being a managing party in both the Empire and, secretly the Independents, approaches the alliance and negotiates a three way peace treaty. Galaxy enters a state of cold war.

Some time passes. Tear continues his work with the Sith and the super weapon. Mephis has enough after learning the weapon teeters on the edge of being able to wipe out the entire galaxy. He takes this information and leaks it to both the Empire and the Alliance.

Phase Five

Tear flees with a fleet of loyalists along with his super weapon to the center of the galaxy. The Alliance, Empire, Jedi and The Independents/Cizerack, combine for the greater good to stop Tear and his weapon of mass destruction.

Classic Star Wars space battle ensues. Allied forces board Tear’s flagship. Drama ensues. Tear meets a villains fate.

End scene. Slow clap. Exit stage right.
    --

These were essentially the broad strokes of the story line. I left out a few juicy details and plots but overall this was it. So why explain this now? Well, in my inactivity the boards jumped 10 years and things have evolved to where the Independents are no longer needed. The group just doesn’t fit into continuity anymore. The Alliance and Empire are on equal footing, more or less. There is also a fledgling Sith group on Tanaab. Yet, I still want to tell this story or more accurately I want to finish it.

So I was thinking it would be a fun 'What If’ story. The proposed single thread would be in an alternate timeline. A reality where phase four was successfully written and before the 10 year jump. Since its an alternate timeline I figured we could really go ham with our characters for the final act. Death, destruction, and drama. I was thinking this could be something really collaborative between everyone. Limiting ourselves two just two posts each. This would require some foresight and predestination in terms of story beats. Also, allowing other people to write your characters to continue the story forward. Essentially one story, each chapter written by different writers, a single thread.

Example being: I write the intro post where the Cizerack show up and demand Tear’s surrender. If Keerrourri Feessaarro is helming the flagship I could hash out with Charley in what he would be saying doing when I write the post and vice versa.

Different perspectives for numerous characters during a single battle. Thoughts?

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sitting in a high-backed chair doing some plotting.
    How interesting. I've always enjoyed a good alternative timeline tale. I also enjoy ham. If I can help do ask. Whatever happens I'll be reading.
    "We shall create order where it is absent, maintain order where it is present, and we shall defend order where it is threatened."

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    I could be on board with this if required

Oh absolutely yes. We positively adore "What If" storylines, and I was pretty chuffed with the beginning phases of your plan back in the day.

I'd be happy to contribute with a good array of characters to this.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius Anar View Post
    How interesting. I've always enjoyed a good alternative timeline tale. I also enjoy ham. If I can help do ask. Whatever happens I'll be reading.
    Anar! My good man. I would like to get as many people as possible participating. The more the merrier! I was thinking that it's Mephis who leaks this superweapon information to the Alliance and Empire. Perhaps it's Anar he takes it to. Then Anar, with gravitas and political connections tells the people who can do something about it. The only caveat would be I would like this thread to start at the cusp of action. Basically when the two fleets meet. Perhaps Anar is on one of the flagships as the political glue making sure everyone plays nice?

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Tarkin View Post
    I could be on board with this if required
    No ones required, however, if you want to come play it's always tons of fun to write with you! I think Miranda could be a total wild card in this story. Does she stay at Tear's side in his quest to destroy the galaxy? Does she not? Is she leading the Empires fleet against him? Or does she turn against him at the last moment? Drama!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charley View Post
    Oh absolutely yes. We positively adore "What If" storylines, and I was pretty chuffed with the beginning phases of your plan back in the day.

I'd be happy to contribute with a good array of characters to this.
    Awh yiss. Charley in da thread! I'm glad you liked the early stuff!

Yes, array of characters indeed. I think a thread like this could be a place for a ton of characters types. Fleeters will get there action. Pilots. Ground forces. Sith. Jedi. Even Mercenaries/pirates could be involved.

I'll give this another couple of days for everyone to take a gander and then we can get to laying out the floor plans for the thread.