Thread: Morellians

Star Wars Morellians

Has anyone done anything with the Morellians here? I wanted to ask because there is something I've been doing on another board and want to make sure it would be okay here too.

I'm not the best person to ask, but not to my knowledge.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Centerfold in this months issue of Busty XXX-Wingers

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Not that I've seen! With any luck, s'Il or LD will be along shortly and they would know best, I think

We haven't done a whole heap of stuff in/around Wild Space, and I don't remember the Morellians coming up in any discussions that we've had. I did a quick search of the forums, and there are a couple of hits for "Morellian", but the most recent is from 2007. So, unless someone has managed to do Morellian stuff recently without mentioning the race or planet by name... I would guess probably not!
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I don't even know what a Morellian is.

oh what a tangled web I weave

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    I think they're a Corellian expansion pack. You start off with the Core-llians, and then you get More-llians.

(Sensible answer: Morellians)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A larrrge penjisss jisss alwajysss welcome!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    Bothawui, or one of her many villas in the Carshoulis Cluster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Me either, but I am not the biggest follower of EU stuff

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I think it's safe to say not much has been done with them here.

I'm going to go with no as well But I wanted to ask just in case because I don't like to step on peoples toes.

As the link Ceto provided, Morellians are from Wild Space and have much longer lifespan than humans. They're also not common at all as the species almost died out and no one really knows about them. Almost like here What I had done previously and thought I could do here were two things.

1. I had a disease that spread throughout Morellia, wiping out most of the race. Nikole and her two sisters, Kalyn and Katja had managed to escape the plague along with other refugees. Was it by luck or were they immune? Who knows, but their parents died on Morellia. They know of no other Morellians that survived the exodus.

2. This is something I made up. Morellians are latent Force Users and can form a lifebond with one individual that they consider their 'mate'. It was part of their society that was not common to find such a being, but it is in essence a soulmate to explain it simply. They would feel a pull to a being that would compliment them - to be friends, lovers - and to challenge them. A perfect match. When a bond forms, you can feel their emotional well being, and sometimes their emotions can bleed onto you. It's to help realize if the mate needs helps from the other and a way that there are no secrets between them.

3. The wiki states Morellians begin to show signs of aging at 160 but I could see them living quite a few centuries - not that really matters. They're just really long lived humans, nor are they immortal or have healing abilities. Blow they're head off.. they dead.

Would that be acceptable? Or does anything else need clarification.