Thread: A Nineteen Year Story Arc...

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine

Event A Nineteen Year Story Arc...

... is finally reaching its' conclusion!

With the end of the Dan/Zem/s'Il saga coming into sight, and a request the other day from Holly, I am going to make a thread inventorying all of the stuff that pertains to Dan, Zem, and s'Il and their dreadfully long (and many times impossibly drawn out much farther than it should've been) tale.

So, here it is.

• Incomplete - Pride Goes Before the Fall ~ The first meeting between Zem-El Vymes and Mace Windu's Padawan, Loklorien s'Ilancy.
    • Incomplete - Survivors of the Jedi Purge ~ Both at the temple when Darth Vader and his clones attack, Zem and Lok come together, pooling their efforts to escape the Purge.
    • Complete - The End of the Beginning ~ Ambushed on an unnamed planet, both Jedi fight for their survival, eventually stealing a Cizerack ship and escaping.
    • Complete - Scars of Time ~ Zem and Lok arrive on Schwartzweld, finding a measure of peace in a hostile galaxy that is determined to stamp them out. During their time on the Lupine homeworld, Zem takes his young friend as his Padawan.
    • Complete - Adagio for Strings ~ Zem and s'Il rescue a group of refugees and their unspoken leader, Dan, and bring them back to Schwartzweld, but the price paid for their rescue is a terrible one.
    • Complete - The Ones We Leave Behind ~ Unsure of how to accommodate the refugees, both Jedi look to other options when the arrival of an old friend brings hope.
    • Complete - Trinity Asunder ~ The hopes that had once been so fresh with the arrival of Tam Jeneel are dashed, as the Darkness of the Black Monster hunts down the fleeing Jedi.
    • Complete - A Day at a Time ~ Zem and s'Il find shelter on a mostly uninhabited world, and Zem teaches his pupil in the ways of the Force; ways that are sometimes at odds with what her previous master, Mace Windu, had instilled in her.
    • Complete - The Nature of Things ~ Her lessons under Zem-El Vymes continue, but her master's restlessness, and his desire to venture out from their protection worries her. She agrees however, to a small outing regardless.
    • Complete - The Edge of the Galaxy ~ On Tatooine, the two Jedi encounter an old friend, and a surprising revelation that could pull them apart.
    • Complete - The Phoenix and the Crucible ~ Agreeing to aid Dan, the two Jedi use information in the ship that they'd previously stolen to strike a blow against the Empire.
    • Complete - Snowblind ~ Having thrown in their lot with Dan and his band, Zem and s'Il find themselves on Hoth. It is a time of many changes for the two, as well as a new threat that manifests itself in a shocking fashion.
    • Complete - Birth of the Rebellion ~ Dan, Zem, and s'Il embark on a risky mission that would expand the scope of the Rebellion and deal a devastating blow to the Imperial war machine.
    • Complete - The Hauntings on Talay ~ Finding themselves a small amount of quiet following the offensive on Kamino, Zem and s'Il discuss darker matters pertaining to the Man in Black that they had encountered on Hoth.
    • Complete - Bedtime Stories ~ While s'Il is away on Coruscant, Dan spends time with their daughter, Teagan. The little Lupine decides to use storytime as a way to find out how Dama lost her eye, and since Dama would never tell her, Teagan decides to trick her Dad into telling her the story.
    • Complete - Whom Fortune Does Not Favor ~ Coming to grips with her injury, s'Il finds solace in her company with Zem, and quite surprisingly, with Dan as well.
    • Complete - Novgorod ~ Dan is given command of one of the Alliance's first capital ships, and his first mission sends him home, to Duravant. There, s'Il makes a startling discovery.
    • Complete - Novgorod Pt. 2 ~ In a race against the Empire, Dan and s'Il must both place their faith in the Force.
    • Incomplete - Novgorod: A comedy of Errors ~ Their newest mission sends both Dan and s'Il into the employ of one Okar the Fabulous, and nothing is as it seems for the pair as both soon find themselves in over their heads and barely afloat in the world of high fashion.
    • Complete - The Akurian Queen ~ Their bond growing, Dan and s'Il have become inseparable almost. Sometimes you can't really wait for the 'right time', and must simply act.

Twenty some odd years later...

• Complete - Mark of the Monster ~ The Man in Black has come to Cathar, intent upon taking s'Il as his.
    • Complete - Night Terrors ~ During a night spent with her husband, s'Il experiences a chilling dream, and Dan comforts her while at the same time asking her to rejoin him.
    • Complete - Twenty-Five Minutes to Go ~ After so many years, s'Il crosses paths once again with Zem Vymes.
    • Complete - Gift from a New Generation ~ Aboard Layla, Teagan gets to know the man that was Dama's first love.
    • Complete - Bedtime Stories: The Gate of Souls ~ A very short segment of life aboard Layla on the eve of bedtime.
    • Complete - Sanis Prent and the Urns of Korriban ~ Dan asks that Sanis, Zem, and s'Il retrieve a priceless Sith Urn.
    • Complete - Sanis Prent and the Urns of Korriban Pt. 1.2 ~ A continuation, this thread sees the ending of the duel between Callomas Savoc and s'Il to disastrous results.
    • Incomplete - Sanis Prent and the Urns of Korriban Pt. 2 ~ Overtaken by the power of the Urn, s'Il is nearly driven mad.
    • Complete - Lacrimosa ~ With the arrival of The Arbiter, s'Il makes a request of Dan while at the same time revealing the relationship between him and Teagan.
    • Complete - A Family Rebuilt ~ Returned from Coruscant, Dan and Teagan have banded together to convince s'Il to stay, so that they can all be a family.
    • Complete - The Lies that Bind ~ Deciding to leave the war behind them, Dan and s'Il choose to begin a new life on Schwartzweld, but what had once been a dream for the elder Lupine turns into a nightmare given life.
    • Complete - The Scribe's Apprentice ~ To save her daughter, s'Il sends Teagan away with Zem.
    • Complete - The One True Sith ~ Darth Decepis takes his new apprentice to Demonsgate to show her a hallowed truth, and offer her the true passions of the Sith.
    • Complete - The Scribe's Apprentice: Tools of the Devil ~ s'Il reveals to her master that she is once more pregnant, this time with a son, and the two travel to Schwartzweld where shebegins to construct a new lightsaber.
    • Incomplete - The Scribe's Apprentice: Esto Perpetua ~ Greed and jealousy grip the Lupine Sith at the arrival of her master's new pet.
    • Complete - Our Lost Innocence ~ Meeting Zem on Kestus Minor, Darth Acera shows her face to him for the first time, with devastating consequences.
    • Complete - The Scribe's Apprentice: The Waltz of Treachery ~ With Zem Vymes held aboard the Dauntless, Dan tasks his apprentice with creating a rift in the fragile Jedi ranks.
    • Complete - A Study in Tolerance ~ Angered by Sanis Prent's behavior, s'Il drowns her frustrations in drink and inadvertently calls down upon her head the ire of her master.
    • Complete - Restless ~ Nightmares plague the Lupine, and she chooses to find solace in the detention wing with Zem, where she reveals to him a shocking revelation.
    • Complete - The Gift ~ After so many years hidden, s'Il returns to Duravant with Serena Laran and Morgan Evanar to retrieve the Healing Crystals of Fire.
    • Complete - The Things I've Done ~ The will of Darth Decepis is made manifest as his apprentice, Darth Acera, has her way aboard The Wheel.
    • Complete - My Last Will and Testament ~ It is the last time that she will see him without the sheen of the Sith completely overtaking her, and s'Il pays Zem one last visit in the brig.
    • Complete - Neh'Avi ~ After so long separated from their daughter, Dan and s'Il are finally reunited with their little girl.
    • Complete - A Strawman ~ Rescued by Jane Starborn and her small group of agents, Zem is freed from his indefinite imprisonment.
    • Complete - The Price of Failure ~ After Zem Vymes' escape from the Dauntless, Dan berates his wife for her weakness in letting him live.
    • Incomplete - A Good Woman's Epilogue ~ Zem Vymes is given a message from s'Il, and in turn carries a message from her to the Jedi Elders.
    • Incomplete - Divinations: Blood of My Blood ~ A quiet evening yields a view of the future that would see Darth Decepis at the helm of the galaxy.
    • Complete - The Valley of Humiliation ~ Called to Generis, Darth Acera faces Sol Iman in a battle that neither would be the same from.
    • Complete - Part of Me ~ After her duel on Generis, s'Il is comforted by Dan. However, what should have been a wonderful moment is overshadowed by the Sith's greed.
    • Incomplete - Raising Hate ~ Dan reaffirms his love for his wife, drawing her ever deeper into his web of lies and deceit.
    • Complete - Progeny ~ A new life is brought into the galaxy.

I've included the Little Moments threads since they offer a chance to see more into the daily comings and goings of s'Il and Dan, and their daughter.

• Complete - Little Moments ~ A collection of small moments in time; most humorous, yet all a window into the normal everyday lives of s'Il, Dan, Teagan, and a host of others.
    • Incomplete - More Little Moments ~ A continuation of the first LM thread.

The All That Remains series of threads is the endgame for this story arc, so I'm putting them here as well.

• Incomplete - All That Remains: Stealing from Poseidon ~ A small band of friends have gone to Dac to lift a great secret from the ocean world's waves.
    • Complete - The Answer ~ Byl and James recieve a cryptic message that sends them to Hoth.
    • Complete - All That Remains: Trio ~ It is a meeting that was meant to take place from the moment all three had come together on Hoth, and Jedi Master Zem-El Vymes faces Darth Acera for the last time as her master, Darth Decepis, watches.
    • Complete - All That Remains: The Breath of Life ~ A journey is begun into the minds of madness with intent to bring back two lost souls.
    • Complete - All That Remains: Full Disclosure ~ It is a race again time and Darth Decepis. Coming to terms with her actions as Darth Acera is not something easily done, and s'Il casts her own troubles aside as she prepares herself and her friends for the coming storm.
    • Complete - All That Remains: The Shroud of the Dark Side ~ Acting on information from an unknown source, Agent Starborn and Jedi Master Serena Laran confront General Dan aboard his ship, the Dauntless.
    • Complete - All That Remains: On the Wings of Hope ~ Sol's shuttle emerges into subspace to meet a relic of the past that carries within it the hopes of the future. Their destination is Ossus, and those on board place their faith in the Force that they aren't too late...
    • Incomplete - All That Remains: Ashes and Temples ~ Dan arrives at Ossus...
    • Complete - All That Remains: Cenotaph ~ Darth Decepis and Loklorien s'Ilancy come together for the final time, in a last duel of wills and determination that only one will walk away from.

Ok, I am going to die now. This took way too long to compile >_
    Last edited by Loklorien s'Ilancy; Jul 14th, 2022 at 12:04:47 AM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Awesome

Its impressive how many are complete

oh what a tangled web I weave

Chrysothemis
    Holy crap... O_O

That is some damn impressive work, y'all. Seriously impressive.

And I'm stupidly happy I get to play a tiny part with Kala

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I am stunned by just how much there is. Well done for sticking with it, guys! Enjoy the fruits of your labour!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    An awesome thing to behold

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Thanks all

It's been a very long nine years, hehe

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

I'd like to get this wrapped up by the end of 2015, if possible (possibly even by summer time). I've been incredibly delinquent in my own writing for this arc, which is something I am changing now. If anyone currently involved wishes to continue on, the help in finishing this would be wonderful and the stuff that folks have written so far is just so much fun to read

The last three planned threads are (spoilered in case some folks want to be surprised):

ATR: On the Wings of Hope - Where James, Byl, Sol, Zem, and s'Il rendezvous with the stolen Lupine ship and make haste to Ossus.

ATR: Ashes and Temples - Dan has arrived at Ossus, and is initially met by a small ragtag group of ships, but it isn't long before reinforcements arrive, as well as s'Il and her crew.

ATR: To The End - Darth Decepis and Loklorien s'Ilancy meet for the final time on the surface of Ossus in a final clash of wills.
    Last edited by Loklorien s'Ilancy; Jan 29th, 2015 at 12:37:09 AM.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Ok, Shroud of the Darkside is complete, so now to finish up Wings of Hope and then we move on

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Sitting in a high-backed chair doing some plotting.
    Seeing all this makes me regret all the more the years of my absence from the boards. Would have enjoyed seeing this unfold in real time.
    "We shall create order where it is absent, maintain order where it is present, and we shall defend order where it is threatened."

Minnie Starshine
    Congrats guys . It's awesome to see such dedication to telling a story over so long. That's so cool

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

So, I know that things are a long time in getting towards completion, and the 'nine year story arc' is a bit beyond that now, but if anyone has any Jedi on Ossus during those first few days when initial landing happened, let me know here since we really need your help. If you've got someone there and want to be a part of this, shoot me a PM or grab me on Slack and I'll let you know the general idea of what's going to happening

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Kaie is with Loklorien and Masiri, my other Jedi, would be on Ossus. Haven't had anything else going on with Masiri in a while, so.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Well, Ashes and Temples takes place before What's Seen in the Dark, since I've been super slow with that particular arc

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Madeleia
    Not a problem - then both would be on Ossus then.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Awesome

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Hey, I posted as Serena

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Updated the thread since I went ahead and started the last ATR thread. I'm also happy finish any of the previous ones that are still incomplete, just in case folks want to revisit them