Thread: Banners

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine

No Spam Banners

Charley made mention of a tagline type deal for our banner, and I feel that it is a good idea. I put together this:

Holly mentioned making banners for the styles that don't currently have them, so if anyone else wishes to contribute, feel free. I'm thinking that for the default style, we can have a rotating banner that showcases the banners made by folks.

Also, here is our logo. I would much prefer our banner to have our logo in it, since it was member-created and is an homage to our SWF roots.

The banner looks great.

I have a confession though - even though I supported it initially, I have long since lost favour with our 'TheHolo.Net' label. The community seems to have never embraced it (we still often call ourselves SW-Fans or 'Fans), most of our titles under our usernames still read 'SW-Fans.Net Poster' and large chunks or our wiki still call this place by our old name. Even the little logo picture in the browser tab still reads 'SWF'. From what I remember the reason for the rebranding was to find a more marketable name that also lent itself more beyond just our SW roots but given the developments from Disney on that front it no longer seems really necessary now.

Anyway I'm not calling for a complete 180 on it all, just expressing my own thoughts as I realise after seeing things like that banner how much I miss the old name - I may be alone on that though.

At the very least if we use 'TheHolo.Net' as our title we should do more to make it universal across the whole board (like fixing up user titles etc).

EDIT: sorry, digressed a fair bit there - yes the banner is very nice and I like the new tagline.
    Last edited by Atreyu; Apr 8th, 2015 at 08:35:03 PM.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

Black Sun Stuff

I based this off of the Purple style, I THINK you can just add the header and background repeat and change the logo image and it will work with the colors and such that are already there.

Maybe switch Black Sun and theholo.net in the logo? *shrug* I like it as is but I can change it if you like. Or give you the PSD. or whatever

this is what the header will look like put together
    alltogether.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Apr 9th, 2015 at 06:43:04 PM.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Holly
    some stuff for Endor style perhaps

background, or just a header for a black background

edit: actually I'm going to do something else to that header
    Last edited by Captain Monmoo; Apr 10th, 2015 at 12:56:15 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

dur, made a mistake with that black sun header and didn't fill it all the way. I'll fiddle with it.

edit: I think attaching these made them smaller? I can email them if you want.
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Apr 10th, 2015 at 02:09:32 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

maybe liven up the Deathstar style

edit: pink lines are guidelines I used when making it, but I kinda like them, too... *shrug*
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Apr 24th, 2015 at 02:18:37 PM.