Thread: Crazy Train

Emori

Star Wars Crazy Train

Well, Tanaab was... certainly a place.

There wasn't too awful much that made him actually stop and look about. Infact, hardly anything ever did. Normally his routines tended toward the immediate; food, sleep, credits. Of course, for credits one needed a job (or a quick slight of hand), and that was what had brought Emori to this neck of the galaxy. Weren't a thing but work. He'd never been to a planet for pleasure, and Tanaab certainly didn't have the look of Zeltros. Maybe that was for the better.

The diminutive Squib threaded his way through the throng of bodies littering the spaceport, lugging an oversized carrypack over his shoulder. He'd pulled in a favor; well, lots of favors really, to avoid the normal customs scrutiny that would entail a bag search. Princess wouldn't like it, having another person's hands on her. It wasn't often that he traveled the public lines. Normally he hopped straight from one job to another, but this time around he'd had to book charter on a ship actually headed for Tanaab; all the crews he'd tried to scout weren't going near the planet at the time.

But the possibility of credits had been enough to weather the trouble associated, and Emori had bought a ticket.

Now he was here, and stepping out from one of many doors that made up the front facade of the starport, he looked up to the sky, then gave a furtive look over his shoulder to the large pack he carried.

"Ain't long now, Princess. Promise."

He had a name, hastily scrawled on a small shred of actual paper that was of course crumpled up and stuffed in the back pocket of his trousers.

One name.

Anaya Rive

She hated this office. Something about it just failed to exude the power she wielded. What passed for power in the world of corporate deals and profiteering fell worlds below the darkness and despair of the secret corridors at the Force Academy. There, everyone knew her name and feared her, especially the students in the school buildings above the underground Sith fortress. There she was Lady Rikke Frygt, Sith Master, her she was just Anaya Rive, chief executive officer of the The Gears Corporation. Most of her work was at the Academy, training and sometimes tricking young adepts to give into the Darkside. But sometimes she had to attend to the work that kept the school running and the Sith Order in power.

Officially, The Gears Corporation dealt in equipment for farming and Roba ranching, but recently, they'd taken an interest in a more provocative trade. A more profitable trade to be certain, but also one that could get her in deep with the Empire. Which would be fatal for the fledgling Sith Order. From her chair she stared at a map of Pandath, the capital of Taanab and it's environs. Trade was booming, now that the recently elected Consul, Dakler Prown had raised tariffs on ships on the Perlelemian Way, grabbing most of the wealth that would otherwise go to the Core. As expected, this move launched Taanab from poor farming planet to wealthy industrialized planet that no longer depended solely on manufactured products from the Core. Of Course the Empire depended on the exploitation of the Mid-Rim for its food and to provide consumers for its factory goods. But now that Taanab was economically independent of the Core, she knew that Coruscant would tolerate Tanaab's refute of the Imperial system for not much longer. It was inevitable that Taanab would revolt and either defect to the Alliance or go independent. Which is where The Gears Corporation came in, Already through various smugglers and shipping companies, Blasters and other weapons of all sorts were pouring into Taanab, but if hostilities kick off, the Empire would surely blockade the System, making military supplies hard to get into Taanab for a Revolution to succeed.

Which was where all these Smugglers and traders came in, filling up her days and taking her away from her real work. She had to convince these scoundrels, lowlifes and rogues that credits were in store for those that helped the revolution succeed, assuming it happened. But much like Holochess, the winning player always is the one with her pieces in all the right places.

"Ms. Rive, someone is here to see you, Squib, by the looks of it." The droid's voice said over the intercomm.

It's the name... She thought to herself. Anaya Rive was her mother's name. It's one thing to adopt her businesses and connections, but her name too, it's too much. Anaya Rive was her former master, the one who drew Rikke Frygt into the Darkside. Lady Rive sought to revive the defunct Sith Order, she died before she could see it happen, which was how Rikke Frygt ended up on Taanab. That and the fact that her Father once led the entire Sith Order personally. She never met Jorshal Vuntana, so she felt she at least owed it to him to see everything he worked for matter in the galaxy.

She looked down at the Pandath map again and thought, We should look into defensive fortifications around the city.

Emori
    Hitching his oversized pack a little bit higher up, Emori blew out an impatient breath from between pointed teeth. His snout twisted in a show of distaste at the smells his nose was picking up. Everything smelled so sterile, yet with the occasional overpowering smell of cologne and perfume from the much taller bodies around him as they went on about their corporate existence.

He had been told to stay put, and that he'd be seen momentarily.

Lifting one paw up, he gave a reassuring pat to the pack he carried before scratching at an itch behind his ear.

"Hey! Hey droid!"

His snapped call to the receptionist droid was very nearly followed by a thrown repulsor lug that he'd fished from his pocket, but he held back.

"Ain't got all day, y'know!"

Rikke stood as her guesat walked in, her eyes lowering until finally meeting his.

"I understand, you're a...person, that can get things done."

"I have cargo in Hutt Space, Nar Bo Sholla, that I need transported to Taanab. You can't use the Trade Routes and you absolutely must not allow the cargo to be searched as it is quite... Restricted. Payment will be per shipment received by our buyers. The Gears Corporation will guarantee a minimum payment, what each buyer pays will be your extra profit. The actual items are already paid for, you'll have no overhead expect transport and whatever chance events befall you."

Emori
    Emori put his paws up then, shaking his head as he gave a light chuckle.

"I think you got me mixed up with someone that's actually got a ship."

The Squib gave a helpless shrug as his arms lowered once more, thumbs hooking into the belt loops of his jumpsuit.

"I had to come here on public transport. Me an' Princess are just hires; we go one whatever ships we can find that pays. So, less'n you got a ship for us..."

As she frowned she thought to herself, Well I can't very well let him use one of our ships. But. I do have the ship from that Vel Aath woman. Her people at the Academy had completely disassembled it and re-assembled it. It was barely worth its market value, nothing exceptional. She'd been looking for any reason to dump that painful reminder of the Hara Kiri mission on just about anyone who'd take it.

"I have a ship, it'll be yours after the job is complete. Not for free of course. I'll be deducting the value of the ship from your pay. From what I'm told about the ship, it is really quite nice."

"You can of course judge the ship for yourself." She drew up the holo file of the ship on the central holo in the room.

OOC: I literally know nothing about this ship beyond that Frygt swiped it from a character named Verkasa Vel Aath, who from what I understand is very wealthy in the Corporate Sector, so use your imagination.