Thread: Star Wars Rebels toys

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine

Collecting Star Wars Rebels toys

I had my first look at the SW Rebels action figures the other day, and I must say that I'm incredibly disappointed in their quality. Articulation is out the door it seems The Black Series or whatever it's called is fairly decent at least.

I got incredibly excited when I saw the huge X-Wing, but that excitement turned to dismay rather quickly once I realized it was a solid thing, and you couldn't put an action figure into the cockpit.

George Lucas might not be able to direct a movie worth a crap, but at least the man knew his merchandise, and what made action figures awesome.

Disney had better step up their game in my opinion.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    Yeah they're pretty disappointing. Bad paint work, and when there's articulation, it's not nearly as discrete as it was in other toys. Really gaudy joint work that doesn't look right. That was what bugged me the most.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Disney can't even figure out they should make Sheriff Callie toys so I don't expect them to pull their heads out of their butts any time soon.

oh what a tangled web I weave

Hasbro is still the one making these toys. I haven't bought or seen any of the Rebels figures out of their packaging but they're not being made with much articulation. I like that they've kept the style of the animation, but they could do more with articulation if they wanted to.

As for the huge X-Wing, it's basically just a huge shell for kids to run around the house with. They've made a similar Falcon as well. I was tempted to go for the Falcon, but with TFA less than a year away I'm waiting for the Falcon that's sure to be released for that movie.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Star Wars toys made for kids to play with? This isn't computing.