Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Renovations

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    "The Rebels have captured our Tea Planet! Damn! That's dash cunning of them!"

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    "All I have done, Commander, is simply to respond to a massive build-up of military presence a stone's throw away from no fewer than sixty Imperial worlds."

Wygraant gestured with open hands.

"Would you not do the same? Would you not investigate? I've stayed my hand, even in the face of such a large force assembled at the gates. How many Cizerack warships now prowl within sight, Commander? Shall we go to a window and count them?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ApexLupine
    A laugh, and Kes leaned back.

"You're more than welcome to go count right now, but our currently heavy Cizerack presence is largely a temporary one, and was necessary to move the station."

Drink still in hand, he gave it a swirl.

"Imperial ships are welcome here just as Cizerack and Alliance. You're more than welcome to stay for the week, Captain, and watch with your own two eyes as we become a bit more able to stand on our own two feet. If you wish to help, all the better."

Lifting the glass for another sip, he gave a smirk.

"And frankly, I'm quite certain that I could see your homeworld from here."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Another grimace/smile, and Wygraant finished his drink. He hadn't gotten much from the Commander, but this game was being played in inches instead of miles. It was something.

"If that is the case, then the adage 'Good fences make good neighbors' is apt."

The Captain set his glass aside, clasping his hands in front of him.

"Very well, Commander. I accept. I have some engineering teams in my squadron that might be useful here. They are perhaps more familiar with Imperial technology than your staff. I'm certain they can assist in making sure this station is as peaceful as you wish it to be."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ApexLupine
    For the first time since he'd woken up this morning, Kes let a sincere smile pull back the corners of his lips.

"The help is very much appreciated," he swallowed the dregs of his glass, and set it on the table.

With the trouble that both the Alliance technicians and their Cizerack counterparts were running into, the assistance that Captain Wygraant now offered was a welcome boon. In a show of good faith, he reached out across the table, his hand outstretched and not entirely certain that the Imperial would take it. It didn't hurt to make the gesture though. In his years of finding allies in the strangest places, a handshake was always the best method of sussing out a man.

"A bit of advice though," he went on, "... if you plan to spend any amount of time actually on Jovan, if a Cizerack offers you tea do not accept her offer."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Wygraant tentatively grasped Akiena's hand, a slow single shake as he pondered the strange bit of unsolicited advice.

"I have already accepted one drink today, Commander. I don't expect to make a habit of it."

Still, it was an odd thing to say, and as they parted hands and rose to their feet, Wygraant had to shake his head slightly in wonderment of the meaning.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345