Thread: Break the chains

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    The Mandalorians were thrown down the hallway and against the bulkheads, one of them involuntarily firing his blaster into the ceiling. De'Ville came down the passage at a run, her hand on her lightsaber hilt. "What is this?! Zereth?!" Jer'ai began checking one of the fallen warriors.

A young man was doubled over, raving and frothing at the mouth. She focused on him as the probably source of the Darkside disturbance that she had felt. "Stop, or you will be stopped!"
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Mar 19th, 2015 at 12:20:27 AM.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    Zereth did what he could, and it amounted to nothing. For all his power, for all his strength and combat prowess, the ability to kill and maim, he could not for even a moment begin to calm or heal the man. All he could do was reach out with his big, useless hands, and try to calm him. Give him some kind of support and comfort. He hazarded a touch, gentled laying a hand on the man's shoulder and was reward by the world exploding.

The shockwave sent them scattering to the floor. Zereth immediately rolled over and propped himself up on an elbow, even as Lilaena stormed the room, shouting and demanding answers. She was not helping. Yelling never helped.

Crawling back toward the man, Zereth kept himself as small and non-threatening as he could. "Calm yourself. Focus your mind, look deep inside, and find serenity. Focus your anger, your rage, and turn it inward. Let it become a source of power, not a source of impulse." He was grabbing at straws, trying to coach him into meditation. He saw no other alternative. He was out of control, and everyone on board was in serious danger. Moving closer yet, he stood again, cautiously hunched, prepared for another shockwave.

"I know anger. I know rage. It will consume you. Try to calm yourself. Dig deep. Find your balancing point, that place you feel safe. Let me help you." He reached out to him again, an open hand, and perhaps a soothing touch.

Tyber Jaan
    Tyber could feel Zereth's presence braving the torrent, trying desperately to ford the swollen river of his rage to reach him on the other side. His protector was strong! So much stronger than he was! Everything he knew had fallen to dust. Not even the Jedi code could guide his heart! Unquenchable and demanding, and utterly beyond his control at the peak of terrible passions.

PLEEEEAAAAAASE

The veil had fallen for an instant and Tyber knew the face of his enemy so well. The false face of beskar he wore to become thousands of others but always the same. Mandalorian. Tyber fell to his hands and knees, snarling as he tried to stand again. Muscles strained against themselves, against two masters vying for his control. Crimson leaked from his nose down and across his bare-toothed grimace as he roared.

"GGHHHRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!"

Zereth tried again to console the troubled padawan with a touch, drawing back immediately at the sensation of pain. Something raw and electric snapped through him the instant his hand made contact, and as he watched Tyber convulse, he could see the faintest snaps of electric blue against the younger adept's skin. Tyber reacted as he'd been stung, instinctively backing away from the pain, only to find it again on his other side. Wild hands clawed and swatted at himself, even as he convulsed at the effect of the wild energy unleashed inside him.

ZERETH PLEEEAAAAAASE

Tyber's instinctive anger multiplied at the pain, and only fueled the terrible machine further. He screamed and wailed and whimpered, the lightning coarsing into him only encouraged by his added pain. Raking blue tendrils snaked up his neck and head, snapping across his teeth as he screamed, reaching for one of the Mandalorians like a man possessed. The Crusader flung to the ceiling like a ragdoll and screamed as his helmet began to buckle inward and collapse into his head, raining blood down on Tyber who smeared it on his forehead as if it was the cooling spring storms coming to end a terrible drought.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Lilaena gaped at the sight of her loyal soldier being slowly crushed to death inside his helmet, and a blaster snapped into her hand. She thumbed the controls and then fired at the stranger, concentric blue stun circles spreading out and wrapping around him. He slumped to the ground, the Mando'ade warrior falling on top of him a second later.

She tossed the weapon aside, and leapt forward, pulling the dead Mandalorian to the side. Jen'ai helped her, Mando'a curses pouring out of her in a steady stream. De'Ville didn't stop her - couldn't blame her for that reaction. The others were getting to their feet, including Zereth Lancer, the person responsible for their strange visitor.

De'Ville looked at him, an alarm sounding as someone belatedly activated it. "What in the seven hells just happened?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

A snap crackle and pop, and Zereth's hand recoiled just seconds after finally finding purchase on the man's shoulder. The pain was intense, but not crippling, but still he recoiled for fear that his whole hand may explode if he continued contact. There was only a moment of inspection of his cracked fingertips before he reached out again, unhindered. The man backed away, screaming and lashing out, but Zereth continued to reach. He must. He had to. He needed to. In the face of a distressed and angry force adept he saw the faces of all those he could not save, all the lives that slipped away. Hara, Southstar, Jorshal, Tardis, Naria, and many others who perished on Korriban when the Temple was lost.

No, he would not lose another.

Zereth was vaguely aware of the screaming behind him, he could feel it more than hear it, but he didn't turn nor lose focus. He inched closer and closer until he once again rested his hand on the shoulder of the out of control man. A word was framed on his lips, a few comforting syllables forming in his mind, even as pain crackled on the skin of his hand, and then a blue pulse flashed by and the man crumbled to the floor in a pile. Zereth followed him down, dropped to his knees and catching the man, cradling him to the floor.

Even when unconscious he looked angry...

"I... I don't know." Came Zereth's reply. He did not turn from the floor. "I rescued him from a crashed prison ship. I felt him calling out. He was unhinged and wild, but... but I thought we could help him. He made only a single request, to meet 'mandalore', and you were the next closet thing Lilaena. I have no idea why he did this." Finally he turned his head, looking on the crushed Mandalorian. There was sadness in his red mottled eyes. "If anyone is to be punished I request it be me. This man needs help."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"You did not know," she said, eyeing the fallen man who was covered in Mando'ade blood. Lilaena snapped her fingers. "Take him to the infirmary. Tell the OneBee to keep him sedated." The Mandalorians quickly obeyed, more appearing in the hangar in response to the alarm. A cleaning droid appeared out of a bulkhead, whirring over and clicking to itself as it set upon the spilled body fluids.

"You," she said to Zereth, "Will tell me about this prison ship."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Zereth fell in line behind Lilaena. He told her everything. There was no reason to hold back. Nothing to hide. He told the tale of the call in the force, a strong force signal that ripped through space and attracted him like a moth to light. How by the time he arrived at the planet the prison ship, or perhaps a space station, it was impossible to tell from the wreckage, had already crashed into the planet, decimating an entire city sector like a recreation of the travesty over Coronet. There had been no other life signs that he felt on board. Either it was unmanned or everyone perished, except for them an he rescued. The story continued into the battle for control of the room where he found the man, about how he display strong powers and a lack of control.

There was a man in there, he assured Lilaena. Lost, frightened, and confused. Whatever events had put him on that prison ship had been terrible indeed to create such a broken man. Every word of their conversation on board the Star, how the man had been a wreck without focus and his single request for "Mandalore", and how he reacted as soon as they stepped on board the ship.

"He's been reduced to an animal run by basic instincts. Fight. Flight. He is incredibly powerful, and completely unfocused. I fear he may be beyond saving, but I will not give up on him just yet."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

De'Ville listened as they made their way to her room - a cramped crew cabin as space was at a premium on the Aranar. She had Zereth wait outside as she changed into a fresh tunic, tossing the bloodstained one into the sonic shower.

She stepped back into the passageway, a thoughtful look on her face. "If you think he will be more asset than liability, we can attempt to rehabilitate him. If not..." Her voice trailed off. The ones abused and damaged beyond repair...it was a mercy to put them out of their misery.

Entering the infirmary she could see that her orders had been carried out. The man was laid on a bed, sleeping.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Zereth waited patiently outside her quarters, arms crossed, starring down the hallway at nothing lest his eyes wander and catch sight of something through a closing or opening door. She returned as quickly as she left, and the conversation continued unbroken.

"His power is incredible. I do not like to assume, but I feel he may have been responsible for that prison ship falling to ground. What he lacks in control and sanity he makes up for with pure, unbridled power. Power that can be refined, control that can be taught. I am not giving up on him just because the road is rough and the way is hard. He needs help, and I took an oath to give that. To give help, a way, a place, and a hope to those who don't or have lost it. He deserves a chance."

Tyber Jaan
    Lost in tortured dreams, Tyber's eyes flitted quickly under closed lids. His face tensed and relaxed in time with his hands clenching and releasing. Even in peace, he could find little solace. As Lilaena neared, her presence served as a catalyst for him to wake. Blood-shot eyes cracked open, and the lost padawan strained against his restraints, a quickened panic to his breath as he looked around the confinements of his infirmary room.

"Mandalore!"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She raised an eyebrow at Zereth, but did not reply as the man chose that moment to wake. Lilaena crossed quickly to his side, her hands well clear of his body. "Do you seek me as friend or foe?"

Tyber Jaan
    Tyber looked at the woman now addressing him. The feral edge to his expression lost it's sharpness, and he eventually fell into a dull, disinterested gaze.

"I don't know you."

Zereth promised to bring him to Mandalore. To allow him to open the floodgates to bathe in their blood.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Nor I you," she said. "I am Mand'alor of these Mandoade. There is another, out there," Lilaena gestured off into the distance with her hand, "Yet to these with me I am their leader. We have no interest in the Mandalore system or it's conflicts." Yet.

"Why do you seek the Mando'ade?"

Tyber Jaan
    Was she mocking him? Tyber again fought his restraints, his hands balling into fists as he did so.

"Liar! I sense the force in you! No Mand'alor would ever train in such a way!"

Yet Tyber sensed no deception from the woman. If she spoke the truth, then what of her and her so-called Mando'ade.

"You above others should know well enough why I seek them. I will bathe in their blood and dine on their ashes for what they've done!"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She nodded slowly. "Yes, bathe in blood, dine on ashes... right. Perhaps they deserve it. What did 'they' do to you?"

Tyber Jaan
    Tyber paused, sitting up slowly as he fixated on her eyes. There was no obfuscation and no deception there.

"The Mandalorians are animals, and they deserve to die like animals. Haven't you taken a look around? The Jedi have been slaughtered in this war!"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Her mind skipped to several different places - the Clones had been based on a Mandalorian man, so the rumor was at least. The Jedi had certainly been slaughtered by the Empire. But this man obviously meant something different.

"What war are you referring to? The Mandalorians have not been at war with the Jedi, or anyone else for that matter, for centuries." Lilaena looked to the medical droid, reassured to see it had a dose of sedative ready to administer if needed.

Tyber Jaan
    She was wrong. In a rage, Tyber lashed out, the force knocking medical equipment to the floor with a crash.

"Have you been carbon frozen? Open your eyes! The Mandalorians are conquering entire worlds! If not for Revan and Malak, they might even be at the threshold of Coruscant itself!"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

"No, she has not, but perhaps you have." Zereth's voice traveled from his position against the wall, arms crossed across his chest. "The Mandalorian War is ancient history, and yet you speak as if it is recent or even ongoing. New wars have come and gone since then. The once great Mandalorian people are but handfuls; pockets scattered across the void. They will never be capable of waging war across the stars again.

What happened to you aboard that starship I pulled you from?"

Tyber Jaan
    Tyber's eyes flashed wild and angry in Zereth's direction, and yet despite the man's ludicrous words, his feelings and the intent behind the did not waver. If this was not truth, it was indistinguishable from it. Incredulous, the insane padawan could only laugh, low at first, and then growing manic until he began to cry. The stasis chamber. The dessicated skeletons.

"It was a Mandalorian prison ship. They tortured us during the war to give up information on the Republic war effort. Most prisoners broke. I didn't."

Raising his head up, a question formed on Tyber's tongue.

"How long?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast