Thread: Can't edit posts! [Google Chrome Issue!]

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I'm a doctor, not a Jedi, Jim! What you're asking for is impossible! Oh, wait, I am a Jedi.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Kaman
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MiriyaCailis Steam ID: Gyndar

Can't edit posts! [Google Chrome Issue!]

Not that I'm trying to edit anything for any relevant reason, but I was talking with Holly about things I love being able to do with posts - namely, being able to edit the title of a thread after it's been posted, and she said we're able to do that here. Now, I have no memory of this, probably because I've somehow never needed to edit a thread title... but out of curiosity, I decided to take a look for myself.

Well, I encountered a problem.

I click the 'edit post' button and it -partially- brings up the edit window, and not the content of the post. It's like it freezes, and I can't even click any of the 'save', 'go advanced', or 'cancel' buttons either. Here's a screenshot to show you how it loads up:

It doesn't matter which skin I use, I've tried it with different threads, and even tried editing a post that wasn't the OP. I tried different accounts too, and still the problem persists. I figured I should let you guys know.

I'm using Google ChromeVersion 36.0.1985.125 m, on a Windows 8.1 PC, if any of that information is relevant to sussing out the cause of the issue.

Thanks in advance,

-K

Edit: I should also mention that I cleared my cookies as well, and that still had no effect. Aaaand... it appears to work in Internet Explorer. And Firefox. Ffffff. So it's clearly a Chrome issue. Edited thread title to show this fact.
    Last edited by Ilias Nytrau; Jul 28th, 2014 at 03:03:16 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I'm a doctor, not a Jedi, Jim! What you're asking for is impossible! Oh, wait, I am a Jedi.

AKA
    Kaman
    Gamer IDs

Ignore this post. >_>
    Last edited by Ilias Nytrau; Jul 28th, 2014 at 03:02:40 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Weird.. I use Chrome and this never happens to me

Bizarre; I use Chrome as well and haven't encountered this problem

test edit - took me straight to advanced edit options, which is strange. Never had it do that before.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Kaman
    Gamer IDs

It's probably worth noting that I seem to no longer be having this issue.