Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: First Steps down the Long Road

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    Zem rose from his seat, not willing to abandon his best friend to despair. Reaching with both hands to each side of her head, he tilted her up so that his forehead rested against hers.

"Nobody is beyond forgiveness. No one. Every fiber of what I am, every oath I've taken, every sacrifice I've made is nothing if that's no longer true. Now you hear me, because you've taken every step on that narrow way. You can listen to what I'm saying, but I'm asking you to hear."

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    Her eyes were shut tight, but her ears open as she felt his hands on either side of her face. She swallowed, quelling any other reply that she might've had as their foreheads touched. Her hands both came up then, to rest over his own, and she let a rattling breath shudder in and out.

"What must I do... ?"

Another tear fell.

"What must I say... ?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Zem's eyes intently met hers.

"Just ask."

It was all she had to do. It was enough for him. And if the Council knew how to hear, it was enough for them as well.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    They were perched over the top of her desk, like two halves of one entity meeting halfway.

She caught his gaze, then closed her eyes.

Still his hands held her fast, and she was thankful for his hold. With her hands over his own, she welcomed the solid and unwavering grasp that kept her true.

Finally, her lips parted as three quiet words spilled forth. Three words that she had not uttered in so very long, and were nearly without sound as they were so silently mouthed.

"Forgive me... please... "
    Last edited by Loklorien s'Ilancy; Feb 28th, 2015 at 02:57:33 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    His hands drew from her face to fully embrace her, eyes drawn tight as he heard the words he needed so desperately for her to say.

"I already have."

Zem drew Lok close, a shelter from storms real and imagined, a bedrock and firmament no wave could diminish. Each had been weak when the other was strong. Each had been lifted up. This was the most basic, perfect good they aligned themselves to. No higher ambition. No greater calling.

"I already have."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789