Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham Reborn?

TheHolo.Net Poster

Proof that not all people who draw anatomically correct anthropomorphic animals are furries. Or... is he?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Mitch. Duh.
    To be very, very fair, Ted Kord and Booster Gold were good friends while Ted was alive. Why not celebrate that with a living Ted Kord, for Booster's sake? Happy Booster is the most fun Booster. It could be worth a try to start with, and if Ted needs to die, then let it be for a reason that we find meaningful for our storyline, here. While a handful of us know why Dead Ted is important, most don't. Personally, I stopped reading comics before he was killed off, so I remember living and awesome Ted Kord. I'm very modern/bronze age, pre-52 nonsense, personally. That's my era of DC, before all the dark and gritty.

Just saying, if you want to make Ted's death important, make him live, first, so everyone can get to know WHY his death is important.

TheHolo.Net Poster

We'll settle this the old navy way; The first guy to die, LOSES!

AKA
    Jace
    ...because that's not the version of Booster that I want to write?

Supergirl
    This feels way more complicated than it needs to be. If nobody picks up Ted by the time you write Booster, say he's dead and if anybody wants to play him later we'll address the issue then? That's my suggestion anyway.

Supergirl
    Also, is your Green Lantern thread closed to everybody? I'd love to join .

(Awesome pick of playby for Hal btw).

At the moment it's going to be a Green Lantern meets Green Arrow thing, but it might open up shortly after that. =)

Supergirl
    Awesome . Let me know. I have fun ideas for Kara and Hal

If you want to start up something for Kara and Hal, feel free. Green Light District is sort of an intro thread to Hal vs. Ollie, and grounds for what will likely be a very big misunderstanding between them. Also, it's to get Hal to really test his new powers, while trying to keep up with an experienced hero, then Hal is going to want to bolt so that his identity isn't found out. Something a few days later could easily give Kara and Hal more time to actually interact.

Supergirl

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Purveyor of the Finest Faux Halos in the Verse!

AKA
    Demetra
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BloodyDecadence Steam ID: TheSpartanWitch
    I've been persuaded to write Isabel Rochev *eyes Jace* so she shall very shortly be available for hijinks ^_^

"Computer, coffee, hot. In a cup this time!"

Does anyone mind if I pick up Rex Tyler as my third character? He's a pretty obscure chap - he was Hourman decades ago, but now he's one of the old/retired superheroes, and I'd like to use him as a scientist for some of the Queen Consolidated side of things. I guess he's sort of the... Morgan Freeman of Queen Consolidated?

Also, if anyone else wants to throw scientist characters (especially science villains) into the Queen Consolidated stuff, I would be very very happy to have you.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Holly
    Well, I was expecting Jervis to be a scientist working for Wayne Enterprises in Applied Science, but could move that over to QC if that works better?

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jace
    Totally up to you!

Mind control would definitely fit with the Queen Consolidated MO: there's all kinds of shady spy/super soldier applications to that, and having Jervis experiment on people in the Narrows / people at Arkham / etc might be a very neat way of connecting the dots. On the flipside, Hal Jordan is going to be working as a test pilot at Wayne Enterprises, and having Jervis' tech connected to the "neural interface" for some next gen fighter jet or super-advanced unmanned drone that you control by thinking might lead to some interesting stories as well - might mean that the skills Hal needs to practice as Green Lantern and the skills he needs to do his test pilot job line up nicely, etc.

Kinda works either way, but I certainly wouldn't mind having the Hatter around.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Holly
    Well, the previous incarnation of this character was working on his tech as a way of treating mental illnesses. But it could certainly be spun off in a bunch of different directions by whichever company he was working for!

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jace
    Oooh, I'd forgotten about that. Potential ties to Arkham, then? Dee and I had some Arkham stuff lined up the last time around, but I don't know how much of those old bits and pieces she's still up for.

Wherever you end up going with, if you need characters to interact with, let me know. It's not like I have an aversion to extra people.

Edit:

So, something wonky seems to be going on with the Gotham tag - it's showing up for Green Arrow and Wally West, but not for Oliver Queen and Kid Flash. It is possibly post count related? The two where the tag isn't showing are still in single figure post counts atm.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Holly
    Default is set to 10 posts and I was supposed to set it to 1, so yeah, it's probably post count related

I'll fix it eventually

edit: well, this account only has 9 posts, so who knows!
    Last edited by Barbara Gordon; Oct 15th, 2015 at 05:34:07 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    sarah

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jace
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Gordon View Post
    Default is set to 10 posts and I was supposed to set it to 1, so yeah, it's probably post count related

I'll fix it eventually

edit: well, this account only has 9 posts, so who knows!

Huh. It wasn't showing up for Barbara when I replied to you earlier!

I would suggest witchcraft, but we don't have any magic using characters yet.

AKA
    Jace
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleen Quinzel View Post
    Aww... shit. The whole neighbourhood's gone to hell.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Holly
    I think it's just taking a minute for the database to fill in the rank for everyone.

Supergirl
    It's not showing up for me and I've got over 30 posts >.>.

Also yay Harley and Jason!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast