Thread: Skyrim RP

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine

Question Skyrim RP

Would anyone be interested in doing some Skyrim RP's?

I know I'd love for my Khajiit, Ashira, to meet everyone else's characters

Elder Scrolls you say....?

Hmm, i will have to ponder. Afraid my brain is stuck an Era or two before your Khajiit.

....not that there isn't a damn time dragon about who couldn't pull some shenanigans.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I'd be down for some Elder Scrolls rping.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Oh hells to the yeah. Though there might be some fighting over Kharjo and that's just hilarious.

Interested in principle, though the execution might be tricky.

Short version: we can't all be the Dragonborn. We can't all have shouts, we can't all be Thane of Whiterun, we can't all be the prisoner who escaped from Helgin, can't all be werewolves from the Companions or grandmaster of the Thieves' Guild. Sure, some of that stuff is pretty trivial... but some of it might be pretty defining to who your character is and how you play them.

RP in Skyrim is easy to do. RP using your Skyrim main character might involve some uncomfortable reinvention work.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Vince
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    Not for this one. Shouts hurt my voice and so I am loath to use them. But then this one is a simple wanderer looking for a way back to the warm sands and furred women of Elsweyr. Though would it not be humorous to have all of us thinking we are kin of dragons going to High Hrothgar and giving Arngeir the mother of all headaches? Perhaps it is only this one who thinks so.

Well if anyone doesn't think they can handle that kind of rework, they certainly don't have to be involved. Heck my main character isn't even the Dragonborn thanks to mods.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

I play as a Bosmer. With heavy armor. And a two handed sword that I use to lop off peoples' heads. I have a husband and two adopted daughters, a dog AND a rabbit. I have a house karl, but he's just a servant basically. Yeah, he's the Dragonborn, but when I'm out doing dungeon runs or riding through the wilderness, he's just Mandor, exiled evil king of the damn wood elves.

I don't play Skyrim for the main quest - I play it for all the other crazy stuff you can do in that world. And when I get the itch to write about my character, it's not to write about him as the Dragonborn, it's to write about his back story or his adventures.

Also, I would never think that people involved WOULD all want to be the Dragonborn or wouldn't be able to make compromises with powers/positions. Even if I do love Vinces' idea, haha.

*shrug* Just pointing out a potential problem, since Christin explicitly talked about meeting other people's characters, and Vince talked about specific spouses.

It bears thinking about, because even the tiniest things (not being able to use your celebrity/Thane status to get out of fines/bounties, for example) can make a world of difference. Doesn't affect me in the slightest, since I get too distracted by side quests to even bother with the main storyline most of the time... I'm just trying to think about how it might affect people other than just myself since, y'know, that's how I do.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

If I'm rich, I think bribes would still work in place of statuses within guilds or being a thane.

I do think we should keep shouts out of the spell/magic pool, but honestly? I didn't go "WOW ALL THESE PROBLEMS" when I thought about rping everything out. I think we're all very respectful to each other in that regard when it comes to characters and writing.

It would be neat to have a thread with character back stories though

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Probably would have taken over the Galaxy by now, if she wasn't so easily distracted by brightly colored balls of yarn
    AKA
    Andrew
    Generally I've named my Skyrim characters after other RP characters... and the one I played most extensively was Akasha Khan, who ended up as a sword-and-shield knight. I never really went deep into her backstory, so I don't know how she arrived in Skyrim. She discovered she's good at killing people, and that diving into bandit holes and ancient ruins is a great way to become rich, which is her primary motivation. She ignored the war as long as she could and supported the Imperials only because her beloved Proudspire Manor is in Solitude.

But that's the endpoint for her; I could easily play her at any point in her journey. Or choose someone else if we're overrun with Khajiit.

Ashira isn't concerned with the war, and dragons she doesn't particularly care to mess with. She's a bow gal, and enjoys watching from afar before notching arrow to string. She's big on collecting books, and anything else that isn't bolted down to be honest. Provided it's worth her while, of course In general, she likes to explore, loot, and not mess with the larger goings on happening around the continent. She's got a home in Markarth that is cozy and stuffed to the gills with the treasures that her travels have brought her thus far ^_^

Rar! Rar, I say!

Backstory scheming in progress!

I'm interested yes. Need to imagine Darruk the Orc as a non-dragonborn but that's not hard since he's married to the legion

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

I work all weekend, but I'll try to get a bio written up asap. Liking that thread, btw

Alecto Mordane, villainous necromancer wise and trusted mage, seeking gullible sots intrepid heroes to perform his nefarious bidding tasks of honor and valor. Compensation will include imperial septims, rare and enchanted items, and sudden and inevitable betrayal excellent health benefits. Now accepting applications in Falkreath Hold!

I'll put up a bio for Matea sometime this weekend when I'm not busy working.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Calloway Sharr's Avatar
    AKA
    Mitch
    I've revamped an old character for this one. Calloway Sharr is a bit of an airhead, obsessed with tailoring, and can appear to be a bit effeminate. However, he is a very, very good tailor, and that can often get him into the homes of important and rich people. Calloway is not your typical Khajiit, either. In fact, he knows next to nothing about Khajiit, having been raised by Imperial humans in the Imperial City in Cyrodiil. No accent, no droning on about the moon, no skrooma. Instead he's just a chatterbox who is very good with a needle and thread.

He has another skill set, too, though because he loves his work so much, he often forgets about it. Forgery, lockpicking, thievery and languages, he's quite skilled at them all. Just he typically forgets about those skills, deeming them mostly unimportant in the life of a tailor.

He's obnoxious, arrogant, poncey and a dandy, and sure to get on anyone and everyone's nerves. However, he can probably get you into that one place you want to go. Also, if he's managed to stay alive and un-robbed this far, perhaps he's not the easy mark he appears to be. If anyone wants to suffer Calloway for a while as a means to get into some place, I'd be down. And he'll certainly be willing to talk coin.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    So....

When people die in this RP, do they merely fall unconscious for a time or are they dead dead and need to role/bring in a new character?

Mandor of Archen
    I don't think people are going to roleplay their main characters dying, because I assuming that game mechanic isn't involved. I think general rules for roleplaying still apply, it's just SET in Skyrim (using actual characters FROM our own games).

It's basically writing as we normally would, with all the normal Fans rp rules implied, but a few special Skyrim rules included (NCP Dragonborn, no shouts, etc).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast