Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pit Stop

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    Gingerly sitting to avoid aggravating her sore tail, Rai'faani still daubed her split lip with a well-saturated bar napkin. Her hair was a mess, and her outfit would need an emergency trip to the cleaners if it was to be salvaged. Today had officially gone from bad to worse. She sniffed, putting the bloodied napkin aside momentarily to scrounge together what dignity she could muster.

"jI ssupposse thesse thjingss jusst happen, Captajin Rravenwjing. jI sshould have brrought a bodjyguarrd. No matterr."

Despite the busted lip and bedraggled state of her, Rai'faani Meorrrei held a haughty composure as she sat.

"What jiss the locatjion of jyourr sshjip? jI have ssome amount of luggage jI wjill need deljiverred."

Jaas nodded solemnly before staggering down the corridor. He vaguely remembered applying bacta to his wounds, but it was all a blur and before he knew it he was asleep in his bunk. Dreams of the arena and the screaming of spectators haunted his dreams.

She bit back a smart ass reply and said, "Pad 054-G." Arya looked at her new passenger, and stood on the seat, opening a compartment in the bulkhead and pulling out a thick grey blanket. She offered it to the battered Cizerack, dropping back to her seat.

"Do you want a drink?" She twisted and grabbed a bottle and two tumblers.

There is a curse.
    They say: May you live in interesting times.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Rai'fa was already working on her datapad, hurriedly mashing the touchscreen to emergency divert her luggage to the correct pad. A twenty-nine credit surcharge per bag, craven vultures! Agreeing reluctantly to the spaceway robbery, she threw the pad aside and massaged the bridge of her nose before noticing that the female was being proper neighborly.

It wasn't Pai Leeha. Barring that, hopefully it was something strong. Kessel lightning perhaps? Or a quick acting poison.

"Thankss."

She took a cautious sniff, eyes watering at the potency. Closer to option A, then. She felled the entire drink in a single pull, dropping the empty tumbler lackadaisically into her lap as she stared at the ceiling. Suddenly her head rolled forward again, looking at Arya with some scrutiny.

"jYou made one hell of a rrecoverrjy, Captajin. Whateverr jyou'rre takjing to bounce rrjight back, jI'll take two."

Oh, right. Arya scratched her scalp, and squinted to the side. "Good genes, I guess," she said, taking a sip of her whiskey. "Or lousy drugs."

She grimaced, "Hopefully they didn't mix it themselves out of industrial cleaners. I think...I think I'm okay, though. More?" Arya lifted the bottle and poured more into Rai'faani's cup before she could answer yes or no.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Rai'fa didn't mind stupefying herself, and at this point it seemed preferable to brooding while sober.

"jYou'rre gonna be okajy to fljy? jI'd ljike to avojid jImperrjial trrouble asss much asss posssjible."

She'd slipped a roofie and a ponderous amount of drink from her system already, so it was more a question than a demand at this point. She sipped at her drink a little more tentatively this time, grimacing as the alcohol burned at her split lip.

"jI can asssurre jyou that jyou'll be well-compenssated forr jyourr trrouble."

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, I'll be fine. Once your baggage gets here we'll be struts up and home free." Arya smiled, and sipped her drink. "In fact, I need to start the pre-flight checks. Make yourself at home, just stay out of Jaas' quarters, he's a bit touchy when he's been in a fight."

She got up and started toward the cockpit with her drink in her hand, and then turned back. "Oh, and don't go in the cargo hold. Security droids." Arya winked, and then disappeared up the hallway.

After a moment she came back. "I just realized, I never asked you where you were headed."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Rai'fa opened her mouth to say Onderon then thought better of it. After a day like she'd had, was she so quick to return back to the dull vistas of Iziz City?

"Carshoulis Prrjime."

She poured herself another drink, feeling buoyed by losing her cares to a degree. The woman had cautioned her about the cargo hold's security droids, which seemed a draconian sort of warning. Who took those sorts of measures other than people who really didn't want to be bothered? Cutthroats, killers, or worse? The Meorrrei heiress reached for her purse, opening a jar of kolto salve and smearing a portion liberally on her sore lip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123