Thread: Summer's End

Hybrid View

"You smell too," she retorted, letting her backpack dangle from her hand. Aimee stared at the enormous bathroom, and Jim nudged her through the door and closed it behind her. It was like being in a swanky hotel, complete with one of those giant rain showerheads. The backpack was dropped to the fluffy shower mat, and she fiddled with the controls until she got the water nice and warm.

After days on a bus it was amazing to luxuriate in the shower, though she tried not to linger too long. The mirror was completely fogged up when she finally emerged, wrapping a white towel around herself as she dug through her backpack for some clean clothes. Clean she had - unwrinkled, not so much.

Aimee rubbed a small section of the mirror clear, and dragged her brush through her long hair, hurriedly bringing order to the wet strands. After a moment of thought she plaited it into a braid, then she shook it out with irritation. Hair half in her face, Aimee stuffed her dirty clothes into her pack, and padded back to the door, opening it hesitantly and looking around.

"Jim?" Her voice sounded small in the hallway. How long of a shower had she taken?

is purple your favorite color?

"Yeah?"

Jim's head popped out of a room sporting a bright orange beanie. He too had changed his clothes, and there was also a strong possibility he'd washed; the three days' worth of stubble was gone, and the baby face was back. His eyes swept over Aimee from top to bottom and he gave her a nod of approval.

"Much better! Come and check out your new room."

And he was gone again. Inside, the room was rather plain, except for the walls which sported pale patchwork patterns where posters used to be. The wardrobes and drawers were open, and there was a tall bookcase - all of which were conspicuously bare. The only thing of note was a single hardback book that was face-down on the bed. Jim snatched it up and clutched it sheepishly to his chest.

"Sorry, after I got rid of my old stuff, I decided to check out the new Iain M. Banks. I can tell ya, I did not see that ending coming! So," he glanced around his old room anxiously, "Whatcha think?"
    Last edited by Jim Lewinski; Nov 1st, 2013 at 03:53:53 PM.