The gist of what I am thinking about is returning the Confederacy of Independent Systems to the forefront of the greater galactic conflict, which is now in the works. To do this, I am going to need help.

The major difference in the CIS and the NR and Imperials is that the Confederacy does not have a significant amount of fleet roleplayers. That is to be expected, as recruitment has been nil, and its not as appealing to the mainstreamers as the NR or Imps.

While dedicated membership in the CIS would be nice, I do realize that there won't be many people who want to do this, and that is fine. This brings me to a different concept: the privateer starfleet.

There's such a glut of non-aligned and mercenary characters on the forums, and I think one great way to spring the CIS into strategic roleplays is to take advantage of this. When you consider that the nation-states of the Confederacy are trade-heavy and fabulously wealthy, it makes sense that they would seek the employ of mercenaries for their dirty work. The Neimoidians hardly ever entered into combat in the flesh. They had their droids to do it for them. So too would they pay somebody to fight in their place.

What I propose is a massive open contract to all non-aligned players. Essentially, they would recieve a privateer's commission in the Confederacy, and for hefty payments, they would more or less be the "elites" of the CIS. This is incredibly open-ended. Want to lead Cizerack and battle droids in a conventional assault? Want to command a small naval task force? Want to launch terrorism and/or asymmetrical warfare? All of these are completely in-bounds, and would be great strengths for this system.

This thread will serve as an open forum for ideas to get the CIS into the fray. I encourage you not only to contribute, but perhaps invite other posters to talk here. NR, Imp, etc I do not care. This is a great opportunity for everyone to brainstorm.