Thread: The Privateer campaigns

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley

The Privateer campaigns

The gist of what I am thinking about is returning the Confederacy of Independent Systems to the forefront of the greater galactic conflict, which is now in the works. To do this, I am going to need help.

The major difference in the CIS and the NR and Imperials is that the Confederacy does not have a significant amount of fleet roleplayers. That is to be expected, as recruitment has been nil, and its not as appealing to the mainstreamers as the NR or Imps.

While dedicated membership in the CIS would be nice, I do realize that there won't be many people who want to do this, and that is fine. This brings me to a different concept: the privateer starfleet.

There's such a glut of non-aligned and mercenary characters on the forums, and I think one great way to spring the CIS into strategic roleplays is to take advantage of this. When you consider that the nation-states of the Confederacy are trade-heavy and fabulously wealthy, it makes sense that they would seek the employ of mercenaries for their dirty work. The Neimoidians hardly ever entered into combat in the flesh. They had their droids to do it for them. So too would they pay somebody to fight in their place.

What I propose is a massive open contract to all non-aligned players. Essentially, they would recieve a privateer's commission in the Confederacy, and for hefty payments, they would more or less be the "elites" of the CIS. This is incredibly open-ended. Want to lead Cizerack and battle droids in a conventional assault? Want to command a small naval task force? Want to launch terrorism and/or asymmetrical warfare? All of these are completely in-bounds, and would be great strengths for this system.

This thread will serve as an open forum for ideas to get the CIS into the fray. I encourage you not only to contribute, but perhaps invite other posters to talk here. NR, Imp, etc I do not care. This is a great opportunity for everyone to brainstorm.

I'd consider taking part in the whole project (under a different character of course), assuming it gets off the ground. But I think that the most important thing would be to get other people involved.

Fleet RPing has just never appealed to me but this sort of thing might work out a little better as there is more room for interesting characters and stories.

My suggestion would be to get a small group together (especially people you know that will post) and do a generally planned story to try and find the feel this kind of RPing would have. I'm assuming it would turn out good or at least the kinks could be worked out easily. But I think that once people get an idea of what to do, they'd want to do it again and the idea would spread. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I think it could turn out to be quite popular.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I can't participate with any of my characters, unless you feel that Saa or Sass would be involved in this in any way. Personally I think that Sasseeri will suddenly be up to her neck in a problem unless she can get a contract from the new Imperial overlords for the Sector Rangers.

Either Saa or Sass would be quite well-suited to these RP's. Especially when you consider that they're somewhat outed in Cizerack society, and this is a good way to get back in.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Saa hasn't been outed!! Has she?! Anyway, Saa doesn't own a fleet, and the Sector Rangers aren't suited to this sort of thing, I don't think.

The military hardware will be provided. These factions are rich and can buy that sort of thing. What they lack are people willing to do the dirty work, etc.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Honestly, i think my first post still stands. If I decide to do this, I would have to write off the Sector Rangers and Black Sun, which I might have to do anyway, as I'm the only one RPing them.

I'd better dust Jasseeri off, ay? Only thing is I'm no expert when it comes to fleet RPs... at least when in the thick of things.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Any help is most appreciated. I can provide assistance if necessary

SWFans.Net Poster

catwimmin for teh win!

You got it then.

Oh, did you also want appearances from the Pride Momma?

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Yes that would be appreciated highly. I'll talk to you about this later tonight and work something out.

SWFans.Net Poster

catwimmin for teh win!

OK, be advised that I get out of work at 5:30pm, so any discussing should take place between 5-5:30pm PST (8ish your time).

If you happen to miss me due to something else coming up, we can go back and forth either in here (another thread) or PM.

I'm always willing to help.

Unless someone else offers me more money

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthr...threadid=37792

Rukaa is going to get an offer she can't refuse, more or less

As for anybody else, if you'd like to set up your RP to get started, let me know. I'll try to accomodate

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"It's just the Rebels, sir... they're here."
    "My God, man! Do they want tea?"

```Original Post Deleted~~~

You know - I posed because I was asked to and I would have liked to help. You dont want my help, Morg? Fine.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Originally posted by Telan Desaria
    I cannot rp as Im a bit busy commanding the Empire and all....

but any assistance as per ideas, tactics, technologies, et al I can give I am more than willing and able to do so.
    Seriously: no one cares. The thought is nice, but its wrong. Story > * ok.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    Well I figure that most of the Confederacy's tactics will be asymmetrical in the first place. They can't put the same number of ships on the line as either the NR or Imperials, so they will have to improvise at all times.

If we do get hornswaggled into a smash-mouth situation, I may take you up on it, Telan.

Victer Dejan
    Sup.

If you're still planning on doing something with this, I'm going to try to get something worked out for a character (although, I wont if I get called into work tomorrow) and I'll try to catch you on AIM sometime soon.