Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: World of WarCraft (New WoW movies!)

Kieran Devaneaux
    Is WoW a pay to play? Just out of curiosity...

Kieran - Yes. $15/month. (First month is free with purchase of game.)

Visc - I guess I'm just trying to understand why it seems to be all fracked up for some, while others (like myself) have escaped unscathed.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I'm sure Blizz will fix it soon enough, especially if so many people are having difficulties.

I just find it odd that it's not happening to everyone when it affects so many different setups. I vote for it being some crazy thing with their network.

Gav Mortis
    I'm downloading the European final beta to play until it is released officially here on Feb 25th.

Gav, I so wish we could play together, but I dunno if they're sharing servers overseas.

Khendon - Well, they're gonna be fixing SOMETHING. At 4am PST this Thursday, all servers are going down for a 16 hour maintainance. It could be longer though if they find something nasty.

But all that muckiness aside, I wanted to share the stories of Flintlocke with ya. http://pc.gamespy.com/flintlocke

Gav Mortis
    Originally posted by AmazonBabe
    Gav, I so wish we could play together, but I dunno if they're sharing servers overseas.
    I hope we'll be able to play together. What is the most commonly used server for us SWFreaks?

Kieran Devaneaux
    Originally posted by AmazonBabe
    Kieran - Yes. $15/month. (First month is free with purchase of game.)
    Damn! Looks like I'll be waiting.....

Darth Viscera
    Originally posted by Gav Mortis
    I'm downloading the European final beta to play until it is released officially here on Feb 25th.
    You might want to get a US copy off eBay (if they come back in stock anytime soon) because I think that the European version will only allow you to play with Europeans, and won't let you log onto US servers, which have swfans people on them. All depends on how important that is to you. Just FYI.

Khendon - Well, they're gonna be fixing SOMETHING. At 4am PST this Thursday, all servers are going down for a 16 hour maintainance. It could be longer though if they find something nasty.
    I don't know if they're releasing a new patch today. IIRC, after they released the 12/21 patch they said they were taking a break from coding new patches until February. Or something like that. And Mal'Ganis, the server I'm playing on, is only scheduled to go down for 4 hours, probably because it's only got 10,000 players rather than the 20k of the high pop servers.

Originally posted by Gav Mortis
    I hope we'll be able to play together. What is the most commonly used server for us SWFreaks?
    Well, if you look up at the top of this loooong thread, you'll noticed I have compiled a list of eveyone that has stated they are playing and what servers they are playing on.

For convenience sake, I created two characters on eastern servers to allow those from europe to play without much lag, if any. Those servers would be Elune (on this server, I play a Night Elf, Alliance faction) and Durotan (on this server, I play a Troll, Horde faction). I figured this would also allow those from europe to choose which side they wanted to play, and yet still allow me to join them one way or another. The servers I play on are PvE servers (Player vs. Environment, where your PvP flag is only on when you turn it on by choice or engage an enemy player or get too close to an enemy NPC).

I know some of the other fellas are playing on PvP servers where your PvP flag is on regardless of who you are, where you are, or what level you're at. Essentialy, you're fair game to anything and everything (except the weather, as they haven't implimented weather features yet... they really should allow blizzards in the mountains just for the pun). But AFAIK, non of the PvP servers being played on by SWFreaks (as you so eliquently put it ) are eastern servers.

So, either way, try to do what Visc said and get a US copy of the game so you can play on US servers (if that's the route you'd like to take). And if you do take that route, you can join me on either eastern server, or any of the other conglomeration of servers we all participate on.

(Just so you know, my Night Elf is pretty far along (well, only lvl 23, but that's far along seeing as how I play 8 characters in the span of a week and a half), but I just started my Troll (she's only lvl 10.))

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

I suppose I should probably mention that I have been playing this. Yes, I cracked and bought it, despite the monthly fee. After debating the matter, I decided it was too good a game to pass up.

My characters (thus far):

Ruhntar, Lvl 28 Tauren Druid, Doomhammer server

Dergan, Lvl 8 Dwarven Paladin, Draenor server

And, for the record, I have has precisely zero technical problems with the game, although I certainly feel for those who have.

Fig! You big-not-been-telling-me-you've-been-playing!

And why for didn't you get on any of the servers I was on?

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

AKA
    James
    i guess i should post my characters.

server - Kilrogg

Kirrah - level 24 Human Paladin
    Kaiya - level 20 Night Elf Druid

Ive have a few very n00by characters scattered around randomly, but they are just going to be deleted, so no point listing them. =]

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Skiing the slippery slopes

Update:

Server: Azjol-Nerub

Nuitari - Level 22 Male Human Mage
    Ayresaelian - Level 25(and rising) Female Night Elf Warrior

Other characters are too newbish. Either deleted or dead.

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

AKA
    James
    My problems are fixed. I did exactly the opposite of what blizzard said and it worked like a charm =)

Darth Viscera
    can you elaborate?

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    He had a linksys network card and he rolled back to older drivers.

Darth Viscera
    Ah. I tried something similar to that 2 weeks ago, didn't work. I went into my BIOS and disabled the NF7-S's onboard NIC and installed an old Linksys 10/100 v4.1 card into a PCI slot, installed the only drivers that would allow me to get a connection on it (Linksys drivers from 2000, XP's builtin drivers don't work), and tried playing WoW with it, and got the same error I've been getting for the last 33 days.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Uh, you know you could have just downloaded drivers from Linksys instead?

Darth Viscera
    Yes, that is what I am saying that I did in order to get it to work when Windows XP's built-in drivers did not work.

imported_Grev Drasen
    This thread needs more screenshots.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast