Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World of WarCraft (New WoW movies!)

Nevlonniel

World of WarCraft (New WoW movies!)

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT

(Yes… I’m extremely crazy & horribly addicted…)

>>> Wanna see some WoW movies? Well, look no further than WarCraft Movies! If it's been captured ingame, it's more than likely here! <<<

A few good movies by those crazy yet well organized Sturmgenadierians!

A WoW Movie to wet your appetites!
    (Thanks for sharing your findings with us, Zasz)

View the World of WarCraft Trailer!

Here are some WoW comics to tickle yer funny bone:

A funny live-action movie concerning Loot Lag.

- - - - - - - - - -

Now that the Open Beta is over, the Wolrd of WarCraft is ripe for the picking!

So far these are the people from the boards that have purchased the game and have handed their minds & souls over to WoW:

player name:
    realm (type) [time zone]; name, sex race class

US SERVERS + Australia & New Zealand

Rie (me):
    • Aggramar (Normal) [Central]; Brielle, female Dwarf Paladin
    • Bronzebeard (Normal) [Pacific]; Tinuviel, female Night Elf Druid
    • Durotan (Normal) [Eastern]; Azure, female Troll Hunter
    • Elune (Normal) [Eastern]; Nevlonniel, female Night Elf Hunter
    • Frostwolf (PvP) [Pacific]; Melienne, female Night Elf Druid
    • Hyjal (Normal) [Pacific]; Selarra, female Undead Warrior
    • Icecrown (Normal) [Mountain]; Sonja, female Tauren Druid
    • Kel'Thuzal (PvP) [Mountain]; Amariel, female Night Elf Hunter
    • Mal'Ganis (PvP) [Central]; Morva, female Tauren Hunter
    • Shadowsong (Normal) [Pacific]; Jancy, female Gnome Rogue
    • Terenas (Normal) [Mountain]; Luthiane, female Human Warlock
    • Thunderhorn (Normal) [Central]; Gorvana, female Orc Shaman

Joe:
    • Aggramar (Normal) [Central]; Groyn, male Dwarf Hunter
    • Bronzebeard (Normal) [Pacific]; Gandelf, male Night Elf Druid
    • Durotan (Normal) [Eastern]; Xyzzy, male Troll Priest
    • Elune (Normal) [Eastern]; Legolamb, male Night Elf Rogue
    • Hyjal (Normal) [Pacific]; Murray, male Undead Mage
    • Icecrown (Normal) [Mountain]; Longhorn, male Tauren Shaman
    • Shadowsong (Normal) [Pacific]; Lonn, male Gnome Warlock
    • Terenas (Normal) [Mountain]; Beren, male Human Paladin
    • Thunderhorn (Normal) [Central]; Grimmlok, male Orc Warrior

Viscera:
    • Elune (Normal) [Eastern]: Azshalle, female Night Elf Druid
    • Kel'Thuzal (PvP) [Mounatin]; Baudihillie, female Human Paladin
    • Mal'Ganis (PvP) [Central]; Elerogrond, male Undead Mage

Tondry:
    • Archimonde (PvP) [Central]; Banhammer, male Dwarf Paladin
    • Dethecus (PvP) [Pacific]; Fellhoof, male Tauren Warrior
    • Elune (Normal) [Eastern]; name, male Night Elf Rogue

Khendon:
    • Dalaran (Normal) [Eastern]; Vargthia, Dwarf Paladin

Dyzm:
    • Bronzebeard (Normal) [Pacific]; Xhan, male Human Paladin
    • Elune (Normal) [Eastern]; Minimage, male Gnome Mage
    • Elune (Normal) [Eastern]; Zakatiel, Human male Paladin
    • Hyjal (Normal) [Pacific]; Vardlokkur, male Undead Warlock
    • Mal'Ganis (PvP) [Central]; name, male Troll Warrior
    • Shadowsong (Normal) [Pacific]; Hward, male Dwarf Hunter

Zasz:
    • Azjol-Nerub (Normal) [time zone]; Nuitari, male Human Mage
    • Azjol-Nerub (Normal) [time zone]; Ayresaelian, male Night Elf Warrior

Figrin:
    • Doomhammer (Normal) [time zone]; Dergan, male Dwarf Paladin
    • Doomhammer (Normal) [time zone]; Ruhntar, male Tauren Druid

Silus:
    • Kilrogg (Normal) [time zone]; Kirrah, sex Human Paladin
    • Kilrogg (Normal) [time zone]; Kaiya, sex Night Elf Druid

Firebird1:
    • Malygos (Normal) [time zone]; Drik, sex race Paldadin
    • Malygos (Normal) [time zone]; Radghast, sex race Mage

10 DAY FREE TRIAL (US servers)

Shawn:
    {trial started on 3/13/2005; ends 3/23/2005}
    • Elune (Normal) [Eastern]; Nupraptor, male Night Elf Druid

EU SERVERS + Great Britain

Peter McCoy:
    • Thunderhorn (Normal) [England]; Hengist, male Dwarven Warrior.
    • Thunderhorn (Normal) [England]; PaiMei, male Gnome Mage.
    • Thunderhorn (Normal) [England]; Calcazar, male Human Mage

(If anyone else is planning on buying the retail, please post here so that I may add you to the list. This will allow me to place a list of the players, their character names, and what server we will be playing on so that others may join us.)

WoW Realm Forums & Realm Status.

- - - - - - - - - -

Helpful links:

World of WarCraft - News items and updates for WoW can be found here at the Official Website.

WarCraft world map - This will aid you greatly in figuring out the layout of the land. Note: Only capitol cities and major towns are listed. Smaller hovels are not listed.

Unofficial WoW Database - A collection of all sorts of information and tidbits, ranging from locating an item in-game to finding where a certain object is dropped, whether by a creep or quest.

Unofficial WoW Cartography Map - A collection of all regions and their respective roads, points of interests, etc.

Alliance & Horde Races - The Alliance has 4 races and the Horde has 4 races. Each one has their pros and cons, but in the end, each faction is evened out nicely.

Classes - Each race has four to six classes to choose from. Some races have different classes from other races.

Professions - Professions are in addition to your class. You can have up to two professions. They aid greatly in aquiring more money.

Money - 100c (copper) = 1s (silver); 100s = 1g (gold).

- - - - - - - - - -

And most importantly...

Lets have some fun!

Darth Viscera
    Human Paladin

Why are we going to play on a pacific server? If there's any chance that Europeans (read: Yog) will be able to play on North American servers like in beta, we should pick an eastern server so that they can get a 250ms ping rather than a 550ms ping.

Also, we should consider just joining the goon guild rather than creating a swfans guild. On the one hand, if we created our own guild we would have what, 10 players max, while the goons would have 500 players on average and a vast, VAST player infrastructure as with the goons on Lowca in SWG. I mean, we already went through the experience of having a very small guild in Star Wars Galaxies. We should do it right this time and join the goons from the outset. Also, goons can sponsor a non-goon for membership into the goon guild.

Nevlonniel
    I guess I wouldn't have any problem joining an eastern server. Just means when I get on in the evenings, less ppl on those servers.

As for the goon guild... who and what are they?

Personally I'd rather start our own guild so we have control over it AND we know the ppl in the guild. I've always wanted to be in charge or semi-in charge of a guild. I figured I'd do it with WoW.

Darth Viscera
    Originally posted by Nevlonniel
    As for the goon guild... who and what are they?

Personally I'd rather start our own guild so we have control over it AND we know the ppl in the guild. I've always wanted to be in charge or semi-in charge of a guild. I figured I'd do it with WoW.
    Goon Squad is a cult which formed in the early 1980's in order to combat the evils of what was then referred to as japanimation as well as to protest the massive use of high fructose corn syrup in North America. In SWG, the goon guild on Lowca was the most organized, experienced, largest guild across all the servers, even receiving a TIE Fighter for having won that treasure hunt thingy. They had like 500 members. Their weaponsmith was the weaponsmith correspondent.

Having control over a guild that has a few people that you know really well isn't all it's cracked up to be in my experience. Better to be part of something much larger, with experienced people on at all hours of the day, and a much bigger sense of community. Plus, goons give each other goon discounts and had a topless vendor. Beat that, hotshot

edit~2,385 people in goon squad now. Guess my 500 estimate was a bit off.

Nevlonniel
    Well, um ,I don't need the topless vendor to get my groove on. But the discounts do enough to turn me on.

So... we can go ahead and be goons then. So long as they're nice to me.

- - - - - - - - -

News flash for you WoW players/fans/addicts... Guess where Joe and I are gonna be at midnight PST tonight? We're gonna be at the World of Warcraft Midnight Store Signing! (Yay! Me no get sleep tonight! Yay!)

World of Warcraft Midnight Store Signing - Indoflaven on 11/19/04

The Blizzard Crew lined up to sign boxes at last year's launch of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

Come meet the developers of World of Warcraft at the Fry's Electronics store in Fountain Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 23. Starting on Tuesday morning at 12:00 AM PST, Fry's Electronics will open its doors to local gamers and give them the chance to be among the first to purchase a copy of the game and meet the developers in person.

The festivities will begin at 10:30 PM on Monday night, and the line to enter the store will be cut off at 1:00 AM, so be sure to get there early. We will be raffling away Blizzard recommended NVIDIA BFG GeForce 6800 video cards and backpacks, lift tickets to Bear Mountain ski resort, as well as a complete Alienware Area 51 computer. Local radio station, KROQ, will also be there to play music at the event, and food and beverages will be available.

If you'd like to attend, please be sure to visit:

Fry's Electronics
    10800 Kalama River Avenue
    Fountain Valley, CA 92708
    714-378-4400
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

I'd go to that to win free stuff and smack some of the devs upside the head. But I suspect it's only half of what it's cracked up to be.

Nevlonniel
    I've already got my uber copy of WoW on pre-order and should be picking it up some time tomorrow at GameStop... buuuuuuut...

I just had an idea! I'm gonna cancel my pre-order, buy the uber copy from Fry's and have the devs sign it. Might as well make the $80 worth it.

Joe's also gonna get his copy of WoW tonight, though he's just going with the plain vanella $50 one (he gave me the choice of Elf box or Orc box, and I told him to go with the Elf... come on, it's me! What didja think I'd tell him to get??)

EDIT: Slight change of plans. I keep preorder, go tp Fyr's for dev signing and get uber copy there. BUT in the event I can't get into Fry's or they run out of uber copies, I have the preorder (which I can cancel at any time, even after the game has arrived) at GameStop guaranteed for me. So I have a back-up.

<-- Yes, is very crazy

Anyways, I'll give ya an update about tonight tomorrow when I'm completely zombified at work (yeah, I'll be going in to work, though thankfully NO ONE will be here save for maybe three ppl... none of which I have to worry about).

Nevlonniel
    Ooooooo... lookit all the pretty colors...

Well, here I am at work, trying to keep my eyelids from crashing to the ground while my eyes sting like all get out.

Last night oe and I went to the midnight signing at the Fry's Electronics in Fountain Valley. Thankfully, Fountain Valley is all of about 20 min from where we live, so we split at about 8:30 and arrived at Fry's, oh, I'd say about 9pm.

When we got ther, we noticed cars circling and circling and circling, in and out of the lot, around the streets... parking had vanished within the Fry's parking lot. We however decided to take a chance and went into the lot. Lo and behold, some fellow was pulling out as we rolled in, so needless to say we took the spot he vacated. God bless him.

It was about this time we noticed the line... or more like LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE (I'm probably missing a few more thousand I's, but in the interest of keeping this thread from crashing, I will refrain from holding down my I key infinitely).

Anyways, yeah, the line was long. Excrutiatingly long. Apparently ppl had started lining up at about noon. So, picture this... a very loarge rectangular building. The entrance is in the center of one of the longer sides of the rectangle. The line starts there. And it wrapped around one side, then the back, then the other side, went down to the end of the parking lot (we were here), then bends to go down to the other end of the parking lot, then bends again to go to the front of the parking lot, past the first corner of the building, and the second, and the third, and then bends to go down the street. Essentially the line wrapped around the building and parking lot twice (even though the tail wasn't in the parking lot). Some guy was running down the line with a counter and estimated we were about 900. So we estimated with that info that there were something like 3000 ppl in line for the midnight signing.

But, luckily, the time went by rather quickly. We had fun chatting with ppl around us, laughing at the ratio of guys to girls (about 95% guys, 5% girls... I feel special), and just overall acting incredibly silly. The group of guys behind us had us constantly cracking up with the various random things they said. Needless to say, they looked like sleep-deprived collage-age guys. No wonder they were so random in their comments.

At 10:30pm, they started the "festivities". I say this word in paren, because really, the "festivities" were only good enough for maybe the first 2-300 ppl in line. They had a radio station there blasting music, but from where we were, we couldn't hear squat. Eh, no matter. The guys behind us were plenty enough entertainment. They also had a hot dog stand where thankfully the lines weren't as horrendous to stand in.

Oh, and it was COLD out there!!! (At least for me) I guess it maybe dropped to about 40 degrees or so. But for us Californians, that's painfully cold. My face, hands, and feet had gone numb. My feet were so cold, my poor little toesies were hurting. But, Joe and I took turns going to the car, turning on the engine, and blasting the heater all while polluting the air.

Then at midnight, the doors opened and they began to trickle ppl in. I;d say the line moved something like 10 or 15 feet every 5 to 10 minutes at the beginning. But as the hour drew on, it began to move a teeny bit faster (like 15 feet every 30 sec to 2 mins).

Never the less, it took us 2 hours to get from where we were to the front door where we were first greeted by blissful heat. I can't BEGIN to tell you how good a heated building feels after standing stiff in the cold (I also can begin to imagine how I'd have done if it were snowing! )

Well, we finally get into the building, and the line moves us along the red line on the floor to the cash registers where you get to a cash register and ask for whatever version of the game you want. I got 1 Collector's Eddition and 1 Night Elf box (for Joe). It was funny in that they had to do two seperate transactions for the games (I guess for record keeping? I dunno). But while one guy was ringing up the CE, the register next to him began to ring up the NE. I successfully monopolized two registers without even asking.

Ok, games bought, then we head back towards the door, make a sharp turn, and follow the line along the blue line to where all the developers are. I got my CE signed by EVERY dev that worked on the game (including the Game Masters). Now my Collector's Edition really IS a Collector's Edition!

By the time we finished with the signings and chatings, it was an hour later from when we'd first entered the building.

When all was said and done, we had gotten to the Fry's at 9pm, and didn't leave until 3am. 6 hours. And I got up at 8am today to go in to work. So I'm functioning on 5 hours or so of sleep.

But that wasn't the end. Oh no. Then we went home, and went to load up the game. Mine loaded fine, but Joe's HD is dead (here enter colorful exletives) even though it was working fine a few hours before. Go fig. He's picking up a new one today (we'll worry on how to retrieve the info on it later). So, anyways, I loaded the game and got my main character started on the brand new clean servers! (check first post in this thread for more info)

So, whenever you guys are ready, I'm ready to once again plunk myself into the World of WarCraft!

(Just be warned it may take Joe some time to get on due to having to reinstall WinXP. We're still trying to figure out why it just failed when it had been working fine before we left for Fry's. It's very very weird. And this is like the 3rd HD that has failed on him within the last year. O_o )

Phantom
    I just got my copy, haven't played it yet though. Is it as good as it looks?

Yes. Just don't go Warrior. That class needs some fixing.

Nevlonniel
    Well, it looks like Joe's comp is actually cooperating. The HD that went bad actually only went bad in the sense it wouldn't boot. But the data stored on it is still ok. So he bought another HD to be able to boot off of. So, essentially, everything's ok.

Sooooo... we may actually get on tonight to play!

Nevlonniel

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I'm playing on the Dalaran server with a lot of friends from school.
    My character is a dwarven paladin named Vargthia, if anyone wants to do some questing.

Meh guild: http://wow.roxxu.com if anyone's thinking about having a full time character on that server.

Of course, the Dalaran server is down right now Otherwise I'd start my charter and whatnot.

Nevlonniel
    I may start a character there on Dalaran eventually. Right now I'm still focusing on my character on Elune.

Nevlonniel
    Was there ever any doubt?

http://www.blizzard.com/press/042427.shtml

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Skiing the slippery slopes
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

look for me a little around mid-to-late december.

Nevlonniel
    Will do. Just look me up if you get on one of the servers i'm on. (All my name and server info is in the first post)

Nevlonniel
    I'd like to make a correction to my Midnight Signing story up in post #8.

I initially said there were about 3000 ppl there. Well, my estimates were wrong. Try more along the lines of 7000 ppl!!!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ (news story titled "World of Warcraft Launch Party Photos")

Wow... we're all nerds and have no lives.

Nevlonniel
    I found a really neat site last night just before playing WoW. Someone essentially has gone through the entire game and put together all the regions, roads and points of interest in one place. Just click and know where you are.

DO NOT CLICK the link below if you do not want to be "spoiled" as the link could potentially be considered a spoiler for the game.

Unofficial WoW World Atlas

(This actually helped Joe out yesterday as he was having trouble finding Razor Hill. The quest wasn't very specific as to where to find it. Thank gawd for ppl that have no lives and can put sites like this together. )

Oh, and my characters are:

Banhammer: main Level 30 Dwarf Paladin, Archimonde server (PVP)
    Fellhoof: primary alternate Level 14 Tauren Warrior, Dethecus server (Normal, I think)

And Level 6 Night Elf Rogue on Elune whose name escapes me at the moment.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast