Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upheaval in Ivory Coast, aka 'When France Attacks!'

Darth Viscera
    Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
    Most historians say that the American troops weren't the difference. The Germans were down to almost nothing. They had no allies left and the whole world except Russia were against them. They were doomed.
    That the 1918 offensive took the newly-reinforced German army to the very outskirts of Paris is irrefutable. The allies were barely hanging on. Had it not been for the added manpower provided by the US entry into the war (US troops were just then beginning to arrive in large numbers, more than a year after war had been declared), Paris would have fallen, and the French would have had to sue for peace on terms favorable to the Germans. The German offensive of 1918 came right down to the wire, and it was the presence of US reinforcements that tipped the balance in the favor of the Allies.

JMK
    But its a myth that the U.S won WW I.
    It's a well known fact that Canadians did what the British and French couldn't do - take Vimy Ridge and turn the tide in the war. In 8 hours.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"It's just the Rebels, sir... they're here."
    "My God, man! Do they want tea?"
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Here here - - - I have a copy of a letter sent from my great grand father to his brother in High Command in Berlin emphasizing the fighting ability of the Canadians. When the Canadian Corps, moved so did the Strosstruppen - - the only of the German Army that would stop them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12