Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: If you had to recommend one book...

Angelica Shin
    Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
    I'm almost finished reading "The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead" by Max Brooks, and would just like to recommend it to anyone who hasn't already checked it out... before it's too late
    LMAO!

My brother OWNS that book! *finds it funny that someone here has read a book her brother likes*

And yes, it is a good book.

Loki Ahmrah
    Thread nercomancy.

The Burned Children of America

A collection of short stories from some of Americas best young writers with an introduction by Zadie Smith. I highly recommend it.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I finally finished "Wizard and Glass" (from the Dark Tower series) ... I wish they'd hurry up and put the next book out in paperback

Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
    I'm almost finished reading "The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead" by Max Brooks, and would just like to recommend it to anyone who hasn't already checked it out... before it's too late
    I'm reading the US Army Survival Manual for pretty much the same reason. I also am reading the Concealed Handgun Handbook, the Combat Handgun manual, John Lott's "More Guns, Less Crime" and the 2004 Shooter's Bible.

You know, just in case

Soolin Anjhurin
    The Great Book of Amber by Roger Zelazny

If I can only recommend one book, then this is the book.

Shawn
    Currently reading House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. I can best describe it as Lovecraft meets the Blair Witch Project. I'm enjoying the heck out of it, but it's kind of a dry read, so it may not be for everyone.

Kieran Devaneaux
    Whoa, major thread necromancy.

Me, I liked the Brian Herbert/Kevin J. Anderson Dune prequels, particularly the House trilogy (Atreides, Harkonnen, Corrino)....I only got "The Butlerian Jihad" out of the second trilogy they did, so I don't know enough of the rest of it. More recently, I got back into "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide" by the almost-four-years-late Douglas Adams (damn shame what happened to him) and Jurassic Park, of course. Damn, the book is SO different from the movie....

Of course, I also read the Redwall series. Got into it in middle school. "The Bellmaker" remains my personal favorite - mainly because it's the only one I personally have.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Originally posted by Shawn
    Currently reading House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. I can best describe it as Lovecraft meets the Blair Witch Project. I'm enjoying the heck out of it, but it's kind of a dry read, so it may not be for everyone.
    I'm reading that too (among other things) Great minds

It's freaked me out on a couple of occasions. Primarily when Johnny asks you to focus on the book and nothing else, and starts talking about something sneaking up on you, or some such.

Also reading through Brave New World.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

The Corrections by Johnathan Franzen. That book will leave you in the lurch for a long time. It hits very close to home as far as American culture goes. I had a rough time reading this one, but it was still good.

imported_Bandage
    Hmmm, for a good mental read, Fyodor Dostoyevsky's (sp) Crime and Punishment. For a good, action/espionage read, any of the Bourne series by Robert Ludlum (and yes, the books are much better than the movies!). Brave New World was a wacky book, but made sense in some aspects......For a good vampire series, go for Brian Lumley's series Necroscope. Hmmm, it's so hard narrowing it down to one......

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    This thread is long enough now that it is getting to be a strain on the Data Base. To continue this thread please start a new one and I will make a link to the new thread in this post.

This thread is now locked.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567