Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightime Playground (Jared)

Razielle Shadana
    Crashing into the opening before her, Razielle spun around prepared to defend. It was not a long wait before the thing crashed through the same path they had taken. It slammed full into her knocking her off her feet and into a tree. She didn't lose her grip on her saber, but she did slide down the trunk in a half daze and spat out a scathing comment to Jared.

"Yeah...? After you.."

Staggering to her feet, Razielle stalked forward her saber at the ready, now way passed irate and tired of playing with the creature. It was time to die..

Jared Mriad
    Jared slowed to a stop and brandished his saber off to the side, watching the beast as it turned upon Razielle. His face broke with a snicker as he began to advance forward, waiting for the beast to make the move – that was the key, anticipation. The beast was on Razielle because she carried the scent of fresh blood – and the severing of it's arm didn't help matters either.

It was evident that it was going to go after her first, but Jared intercepted it's plans with a well aimed rock – propelled from the ground by a little trickery with the Force. The stone lodged itself into the beast's eye, enticing a very juicy roar of pain. It stormed toward Jared after recovering, taking a swipe that Jared barely managed to dodge. In an instant, Jared's secondary weapon sprung from his belt and into an open palm, igniting with a fury of ebony.

“Come on, you bastard...” He growled at the beast, circling around with both sabers off to his sides. It turned with him, growling furiously and preparing to strike... and leaving itself exposed.

Razielle Shadana
    Well that had been rather well timed.. Razielle watched in a sort of shock as the beast turned from its path to finish her off. It roared again and went after Jared. She was really going to have to thank him for that later.

Not leaving him to deal with the thing himself, Razielle equipped her own weapon, its violet light shining on her face just before she sprang back into action. She attacked the creature from the back while Jared took it on from the front. With a feral snarl, she made a deep and damaging slice through the thick flesh of its back.

Jared Mriad
    As the beast suddenly reared back from Razielle's assault, Jared moved into his own. He spun the ebony blade into a backhand grip and lept forward into a crouch dash, his first strike slipped like butter into the creature's shin, followed through with a spin upon his knees to sever deeper into the creature using the black blade. It's right leg collapsed from the pressure suddenly upon the half-severed limb with a sickening crack of the severely weakened bone breaking under its weight. He hauled out a fast leap to keep from being crushed – if the beast went down fully, of course.

Razielle Shadana
    The beast did tumble down to the ground, Razielle lept atop it, her booted feet planted firmly as it thudded to the ground and spasmed. Her weapon was still embedded in the hide of its back, she drew it upward in a long curve, that singed through its flesh, cauterizing the wound. It was no less fatal for the lack of gore.

Leaping down, next to Jared she smiled. "Well... you have your trophy then.."

Jared Mriad
    Jared's alive blades hissed to a hibernation-like death, a slumber until needed once more. They were hooked to his belt before his arms crossed with a smirk across his features as his irises danced across the now-dead carcass of a beast – yet another to pollute the front gates and cause a new day of hell for the cities janitors. “Yes, indeed. Now, I will just need to find the dumbest taxidermy and the cheapest mansion to hand my prize up – but...” He grinned toothily, then crossed to the beast. Luckily, it had not landed with it's jaw tucked into it's chest, and a quick flick of an active saber blade rewarded Jared with two fair-sized canines – each longer than his saber's hilt. He retreated back to the vampyre's side, offering a ivory tooth out.

Razielle Shadana
    Razielle glanced skeptically at the tooth before accepting it. Still she had no idea what she was going to do with the damn thing. Maybe Salem could extract some samples from it and build a better fang, who knew? She gave him a befanged smirkof her own.

"Thanks... I do have a set of my own though. So what now..?"

Jared Mriad
    Jared shrugged his shoulders, tossing his tooth up and down in one hand before he slipped it into his large pockets. He took a glance at both beasts, licking his upper lip and dragging his bottom teeth over it a moment before looking to Raz. “I'm done for this night with my hunts,” He replied, then shrugged openly. “I don't know, there's still four, five hours before sunrise. Usually I'd go drink myself stupid after a hunt like this, but I don't feel up to it.”

Razielle Shadana
    Razielle nodded in understanding although her reasons for not drinking herself into a coma were likely different. She had a hard enough time keeping her hands off Salem when she was sober, she didn't need a speech from him the following night about her uncontrolled advances.

"Drinking is all well and fine, providing you do it with the intentions of either having a roaring good time or you're looking to pass out. In my case, if I went home drunk and ran into Salem, he'd likely be disgusted with me rather than take advantage of my joyus state. It would be a waste of a good buzz, I tell you!"

She smiled wicked at Jared. An idea crossing her mind, she folded her arms over her chest as she sized up his performance with the beast in her mind.

"Of course, if unconsciousness is your usual aim we could always have a friendly..scuffle you and I.

I promise to be gentle.."

Jared Mriad
    “A scuffle?” He smirked, arms crossing over his chest while he looked out into the trees. Truth was; he was getting a little rusty on his combat methods – not counting the crash course he had with Mortis, and a little spar would be more than welcomed. “Alright, I'm game for that...” he replied with a grin, “Fisticuffs or swords, your pick.”

Razielle Shadana
    "Let us start with the first and see what develops..?"

Still grinning, Razielle slid out of her jacket and tossed it over a tree branch. She was looking forward to a good brawl. She hadn't had one recently and had been itching for a bit of violence for weeks now.

Turning around she arched her arms above her head, stretching cat-like. She tilted her head this way and that cracking her neck with a purr of gratification, then took a defensive stance. She might be of the gentler, fairer gender, but she was no less lethal. But for Mriad, she'd play nice for a while until she knew what to expect from him.

"Whenever you're ready... Oh and don't be gentle with me, ok? I hate that."

Jared Mriad
    “Good for me,” he replied, shrugging off his jacket and tossing it along with his saber holsters off to the side. He rolled is shoulders a moment, eyes sizing up the defensive posture – looking for a weakness in the stance, every one had at least two. He let out a soft exhale, feeling the Force channel through his body – strengthening and quickening. There was no way Jared could go 'gentle' with anyone in a spar, not anymore.

He slid into a back stance, eyes narrowing as he took out two strategies in his mind, and in the next breath, Jared launched forward with a slow blunt forward strike, about mid-chest elevation, followed through with a faster left hook. He'd judge her first, even at the cost of a few humiliating parries.

Razielle Shadana
    Razielle was no novice, as Jared would be quick to find out. Of course, if he had been trained by Master Mortis then Jared was not to be taken lightly either, for that matter. Things should prove very stimulating..

The blow that came straight at her chest was knocked away before it had a chance to hit. Easy enough. His left hook was somewhat faster but was caught in her right hand, which gripped his clenthed fist punishingly. Pulling him forward, Razielle brought her knee straight up at his chest with a serene expression on her face.

Jared Mriad
    Jared came forward with her pull, bringing his right fist up just as he knee rose. Instead of taking contact with that first, he hooked it under her right arm and pivoted left into a takedown, her knee contacting with his stomach before he used her own balance against her to bring the vampire down onto the turf, in the process where the two sith fell down, Jared jerked back with his left fist; trying to rend it from her grasp.

(Gah, sorry if that's sucky. ._.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12