Thread: Clone Troopers

(Alex) Jacen

Clone Troopers

I don't have cable, so I don't get to see Clone Wars, unless I spend 3 hours on a train to go see my sis. So this might be really obvious.

What colours are which in Clone Troopers? Is it done by rank, or position? The red ones are presumably the ones in command...is yellow just for the pilots/gunship crew, or are they a step down from red? And are there any other colours besides white? I know that there are ARC Troopers who have Jango-fied armour and stuff...but I was never sure how their rank system worked.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"It's just the Rebels, sir... they're here."
    "My God, man! Do they want tea?"
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Here Imperial stormtroopers have their rank displayed by shoulder pauldrons and different insignia stenciled on their armor.

In AOTC, red does signify operational commanders while yellow symbolizes tactical leaders, the only difference being in the increasing scale of command area.

(Alex) Jacen
    And presumably, being the pilot of a Republic Gunship would put them in Tactical command. That makes sense.

OK, thanks!

(Alex) Jacen
    http://www.starwars.com/collecting/n...s20030501.html

Looks like Lieutenant is Blue, and I'm sure that Yoda called one of the Red one's "Commander". I'd then guess that Yellow is "Captain", and white is plain old "Trooper"

(Alex) Jacen
    This is a pretty "definate" rank set up:

Yellow - Commander
    Red - Captain
    Blue - Lieutenant
    Green - Sergeant
    White - Trooper

Well, as definate as I can work out, anyway

SW-Fans.Net Poster

commander is a naval designation. It would not be used with stormtroopers.

(Alex) Jacen
    No, but it is with Clone Troopers. *shrug* The NR Starfighter ranks don't follow any kind of system...if they were going on the RAF, then "Commander" would come below "Captain". They wouldn't have Majors or Colonels either. And its not an army system, because there'd be no Commander, or no Flight Officer. They've got a mix of army and navy stuff. But Yoda calls one of the clonies "Commander", so I guess that Commander is a Clone Trooper rank.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Vader used the term commander to address Moff Jerjerrod, Lieutenant Praji, General Tagge, Chief Ba'ast, Captain Khurgee...

etc. It is a generalization used to address a person in command, thusly leading a unit. The man addressed as commander in AOTC could very have been a Major General commanding a division of the clone army, or even a staff lieutenant who presented the report as to the clone army's success.

It is possible, I am not saying it isn't. I just don't think it would be practical. Then again, only ESB concentrated on the details on military order.

(Alex) Jacen
    The only one I know for 100% certain is that Blue is Lieutenant...because it says so on StarWars.com, in the news section. But thats it. *shrug* doesn't matter, really...I've sorted my army out.