Thread: Fury: Special Mercenary Operations

(Alex) Jacen

Fury: Special Mercenary Operations

I'm looking for Mercenary-type people without a home. I have a small band of Mercenaries...well, three, right now. I'm looking for a few more. If anyone isn't employed but is looking for work, you're welcome to join us. And if anyone needs to hire some people to shoot stuff, that's us too. I'm waiting in the Poseidon's Gate, so come talk to me if you're interested in either joining or hiring my band. Please PM me if you have questions/complains/fyi's, etc.

+ + + + + + + + + +

Availiable Positions (Others upon request) -

Ship (the Arquelle):
    Pilot
    Co-Pilot
    Technician

Squad:
    Demolitions
    Unarmed Combat (or Assassin)

More positions may become availiable...but I'm starting small. That'll give me 8 people, which sounds about right to me. Oh, and all Squad members get a fighter (a modded TIE Int. for all shown...I'll put a few pages for Fury up on my website so you can see), and some cooly Clone Trooper armour, with RED on it!

Vive la furie!

- Jace

(Alex) Jacen
    As stated...cool clone trooper armour!!

http://www.freewebs.com/groovysplat1...-troopers2.jpg

(Alex) Jacen
    Oh, one more thing. Does anyone have any suggestions for a ship type? Something small-ish, but with the capacity to carry a few fighters in it...there was something in the Wraith Squadron books, I think...

DarthHERA
    this is a real handy-dandy site to get info etc:

http://meras.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=76

Courtesy of the good folks of Meras.org

(Alex) Jacen
    Thanks!

Is it ok if I make up my own ship? I've got a really small (92m long) one, based on the Nova-class "Battlestar" from Battlestar Galactica. I've drawn up some specs to match the fighters. Its really weak, armament-wise...well, it has 12 Quad Laser Turrets, and 6 Concussion Missile Tubes. Thats roughly four Millenium Falcons-worth of weapons...which seems about right for its size. She's got five decks over all, but the lower deck is formed by the base of the engines and the two "Cargo Pods" (originally the Viper bays on the Galactica), and the top one is just the top of the engines. Habitation takes up the front third, with the Launch Bay on the bottom deck (plus repair facilities), and an engineering deck in the middle...the top is all asociated with the workings for the Quad Lasers. They're typically Droid-controlled (ie. Someone on the bridge designates targets, and each turret will automatically attack the nearest one, unless they are told to do otherwise), but a human gunner can take over as required.

It can land (using the cargo pods and the bottom level of the engines as landing legs), but because of its size, it tends not to, using shuttles and landing craft (one cargo shuttle per pod) instead.

It was build by Rendili StarDrive, the same people who brought out the Republic and Victory-class Star Destoryers, the Assault Frigates used by the Rebels, and of course, the Dreadnaught-class Star Frigate from the infamous Katana fleet.

Sound reasonable?

(Alex) Jacen
    Scratch the Rendili thing...I'm coming up with a ship building company to build the stuff from scratch. I'd say the name, but I've forgotten what it is. lol.

DarthHERA
    Btw, just to let you know - I dont always get to reply to my threads really fast (free time for online for me isnt always a whole lot) so dont move the thread along too quickly with out me ok.

I know you havent done that yet, but I know I wont get to them tonight. Just wanted to give you and Keldon a heads up in that regard. This goes for the whole SWF board-wide too really.

Its "good form" to kinda wait on the other players to post before continuing too far in the story. We have what is called "posting order." Where every one posts in turn. It is not strict of course, because sometimes it just flows better and more natural depending on the interaction of the story. But everyone still tries to keep to that rule of order as much as we can.

(Alex) Jacen
    I'll try and remember that. I did a little jumping around in other threads, but that was sorta "the morning after" stuff, so Keldon had something to post.

Just lemmie know what to shoot, and it go boom.

DarthHERA
    lol, ok.

I am so sorry Im so slow to reply. Im heading off to work now, but will probably post something later tonight. I know it sucks to wait around for ppl to post, and I try really hard not to make people wait, but sometimes - I just dont have time.

I will PM you too about the board stuff later as well.

ciao.