TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie

Alien Life Form [completed]

He was short. Furry. Bitingly sarcastic.

The male being called himself Alf. He'd arrived on Onderon, and was discovered to be suitable for training in the ways of the Force. And so De'Ville found herself facing her strangest pupil yet.

In fact, she couldn't remember teaching a being that was so non-human before. She looked down to the 5'3" Alf, and shook her head slightly. "Well, let's start with the basics. You are my apprentice, and so what I say goes. When I say jump, you do it, and if you don't... I will make you wish you had. Also, any member of our organization who is knight level or more may also tell you what to do. Step out of line, and we will leave you outside the walls of the city for the beasts."

Her eyes glinted, and then she smiled. "Now, tell me what you know about the Force."

Alf
    The little furball looked up at the woman before speaking, slightly shocked at the harshness in her voice, but oh well. He was called the most sarcastic thing in the galaxy sometimes. He couldn't be the only one right? "The Force. Well, I have seen others use it. They were pushing stuf down and stuff like that. So as far as I know people use it to destroy or things of that nature."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"And so, you never suspected you yourself had this power? I did some research on your past travels, and you did spend some time on Corellia, did you not?" She eyed the alienoid, daring him to try a lie.

Alf
    Alf thought for a minute. "Hmm...I don't know. I might have. I did a lot of traveling looking for my family, but most of it was a slave or servant, doing whatever work I could."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Then, you do not <a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34239>remember?</a>"

Alf
    "Ohhh...was that Corellia? I wasn't sure. Nice scenery. I went to that place for a guy I was working for at the time. Goes by the name of Yurza Magus. He wanted me to test their security, or else he would kill me. I think he was looking for one of his old teachers. What was her name again? Dathri...Dalhia...Dalethria! I think that was her name. Never can be sure anymore."

Alf grimaced as he thought about that Yurza character. That was one cat that he hated, and would do almost anything to get him out of the picture.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She grunted non-committedly, as though she didn't quite believe him. "Was that Corellia? Are you so stupid you don't know what planets you fly to? I do not know if you can be taught anything if your intellect matches your height." The master glared at him. "The Force is a powerful tool, not to be taken lightly. Either you are going to succeed at mastering it, or you will die."

Whether he would die because of a lack of mastery, or she would kill him if he failed was not made clear.

Alf
    "Hey you try being someone's slave most of your life and they won't let you know anything because of fear of you running off. My species isn't very common, and though we are made slaves, we are valued for our rarity. Not many of us have knowledge of the stars," Alf said, his voice rising in anger. "And I have yet to die so, I am thinking that the Force is wanting me here at this time and so I am here!"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Psh, forget what the Force wants. If you are wise you will want to grab your destiny with both hands, and use the Force to help you get there." De'Ville looked down at him, unable to stop the comparison in her head of a grumpy furball Ewok.

"Now I have an exercise I would like you to do. Close your eyes, and tell me if you can sense where I am in the room."

The being, Alf, closed his eyes, and she walked silently around the room, her barefeet making the barest whisper of noise that she masked from reaching his ears. Her presence, a ripple of sorts in the Force, should show up, although whether the creature could sense it would remain to be seen. She stopped walking.

Alf
    Alf concentrated, he could feel Lilaena close, but he couldn't be sure were exactly. His brow furrowed as he concentrated harder, devling deeper into the well he felt inside. He turned to his left, almost doing a complete 180 degree turn. He raised a small furry hand confidently. "There you are!"

He opened his eyes and frowned. Darnit! I was so close! The Sith Master was standing slightyl to his right, arms crossed. Hope she isn't to angry I didn't get it perefect.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Not too bad. But not good enough. Here, let us try it this way." She didn't make any motions, but the lights in the room she'd commandeered for training purposes all went out simultaenously. Darkness enveloped the room. "We will do this with remotes as well, to hone your anticipation skills. But try to stop me from touching you."

She walked towards him quietly, turning a circle around him and coming at him from a different direction, arm outstretched to give him a slap on the back.

Alf
    Alf was good at dodging things. He had learned to hone that skill long ago as a slave. He moved to the left and he felt a breeze go by him.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She missed, to her surprise, but she quickly recovered, snatching out at him again, seeing if he could anticipate a second 'attack' so quickly after the first.

Alf
    Alf stumbled forward as he felt something hit him. Where did that comes from. No one can be that fast, the creature thought as he tried to look around again.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She shoved him down to the ground, and then backed off and let him get back to his stumpy feet. "Remember, you are not large, nor are you paticularly fast, unless you have been hiding something from me. You will have to learn quickness, and you will have to learn how to anticipate, so as to react" she kicked out towards him, hard enough to knock him down should it connect but not hard enough to hurt permanently, "before something happens."

Alf
    He could feel the kick coming more distinctly this time. It was one of his bettertraits. Once someone threw enough attacks at him he could begin to get a feel of their presence. Handy when things like that were drawn out and luckily he had a lot of endurance to last that long. Alf ducked out of the way and curling himself into a ball, rolled a few feet away from Lelaena. " Large, no. Fast, no. Agile, yes."[/i]

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The creature could sense attacks, at least after the initial one, it seemed. Lilaena gestured in the darkness, and the lights flared back into existance. Alf blinked a bit in the sudden light.

"Now we'll do some telekinesis work. How about you try lifting that practice mat into the air using the Force?"

Alf
    He was blinking away the spots when he looked for the practice mat she was referring to. He focused on them and it began to wobble and lifted a few centimeters off the ground before dropping back down to the ground. Sith spawn! You can do this Alf, you've done this before! He tried again, and it levitated again only a few centimeters off the ground. He was getting angry that he couldn't do this. Sure he'd only done it a few times before, but that shouldn't matter should it?

"Blaster bolts!" He yelled as he tried again his anger almost comical coming from a creature of his stature. The mat flew off the ground and hit a wall on the opposite side of the room.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"That is the best you can do? You use your anger, which is good, but you need to also control the power it gives you. Let it build up, and open a small hole to the power, letting it leak out in controllable amounts." She folded her arms in front of her, and the mat floated up from the side of the room and came to rest in front of Alf. "Do it again."

Alf
    Alf reached out gain, this time already angry bnecause he couldn't do it before. It lifted off the floor a few centimeters and threatened to drop, but Alf did exactly what Lilaena told him to do and opened a small hole to his anger and the mat rose a few more centimeters, but this time stayed in the air. He hel it there out of pure determination, but it was taking its toll on him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast