Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping those who can't help themselves.(Completed)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Helping those who can't help themselves.(Completed)

Jedi Knight Wei Wu Wei stood on the boarding ramp of the ship his family had used several times before to get to the planets they were going to. It had been a while since Wei had ridden in the ship, but it was still the same as always.

"So, you're going off by yourself to visit those people, eh?" The captain asked.

Wei sighed. "Yes, I am going to visit those people, as you like to call them."

It kind of irritated Wei that the captain talked down about the Maconite peoples. The Maconites were extremely successful weavers. They hand made some of the grandest cloth Wei had ever seen, and was the most comfortable fabric he had ever worn. Most of his clothes were made of the fabrics the Maconites produced.

"When my Padawan gets here, we'll be set to go."

Kyle had been lacking in the way of real world experience, so as his teacher Wei decided to find some experience with which the Padawan could hone his skills.

Kyle had woken up late and was now running to the docking bay where Wei and the ship where. He arrived shortly and stoped infront of Wei as he caught his breath "I'm sorry I am late Master" He said giving Wei a small bow of respect.

He was wearing his Jedi Robes and had a small bag in his hand that cuntained a few things he might need on the trip.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei lazily checked his chrono. "Good to see you are on time, Kyle. Get on board, then get comfortable. We've got at least a day before we get to where we're going. And then it's another half a day by land to get to the community."

Wei's stuff was already on one of the bunks back in the living area of the ship.

"You may pick a different room from mine, or if you would like, we can bunk together. There are two beds in a room. Once you are settled and we take off, I'll let you know just what it is we are going to be doing."

Kyle walked into the ship. after a moment of looking around he found Wei's room and threw is bag onto the bunk next to his and headed back to where Wei was "So where are we going master?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

"To a little remote planet somwhere in the outer rim."

Wei wasn't sure the planet had a name. It was just that small and insignificant, compared to most other planets Wei had visited. In fact, Wei was pretty sure that his family had wound up visiting that place quite by accident.

"The place doesn't have any set spaceport. You just go and find a place to land big enough to let you take off again. My dad has some business down there with a small tribe that handmakes fabric. Most of my clothes were tailored from that fabric. It's a very fine, durable material."

The captain was finally ready to take off, so Wei sat down and buckled himself down in preparation for takeoff.

"These people are not used to new technologies, but they are learning quickly. Word about them has spread since my father started business with them, and now they are trying to learn some new things. In fact, they are trying to build a spaceport. It's a very small spaceport, but a spaceport nonetheless."

The captain fired up the engines, and Wei felt a small jolt as the shuttle left the ground and headed out to space. "But there have been some complications recently, Kyle. Some strange monster being has been stealing their food and destroying the supplies. Some of the tribesmen have tried to fight it off, but they keep getting murdered. No one knows much about the creature, except that they think it to be at least ten feet tall, and it has red eyes."

Kyle listend to Wei as the ship started to take off "Thats strange...." He said as he thought Wei's words over "A mysterios monster...." He thought over the disciption Wei had given him "Sounds like it could be a Rancor, But a Rancor wouldn't just take them out one at a time, A rancor would storm the village and consume anything that moved and destroy anything else........I wonder what it could be."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei shrugged. "We'll figure that part out later on. But for right now, we are going to deliver some more supplies to replace the destroyed ones and help with the construction of the spaceport when we can. We'll have night watch every evening until sunset, so most of our rest will come during the day."

The ship entered open space and the captain readied a hyperspace jump to the Maconite planet.

"As I said, it'll take us a day to get there, and another half a day to get to the village. I've packed food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner today, then breakfast and lunch tomorrow. I hope you don't mind eating light, but the monster has also taken most of the food the Maconites have stored up. They'll have a hard enough time feeding themselves to worry about finding enough food for us. We might end up skipping a few meals, if we have to."

"Sounds like an adventure to me" Kyle said with a grin "Don't worry about skiping meals, im used to going without food, when I lived on the streets there wasnt much to eat and you learn to go without food for peroids of time"

He settled back in his seat "I've never traveled into space before so this is a first for me" Wei could see the slight amount of fear in Kyle's eyes as the ship readyed to go into a hyperspace jump "this will just have to be another thing for me to get used to."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei nodded. "Indeed it will. Take a peek out the window when we hit hyperspace. It's actually pretty cool to look at."

As if on cue, the captain finished punching up the coordinates for the jump, and accelerated into hyperspace. All the small white dots that floated out in space became streaks of light shooting past the shuttle at an amazing speed.

Wei settled back in his seat to watch the stars fly by, and give Kyle some time to steady his nerves.

Kyle watched in amazement as the stars streaked by "That is cool" He said settleing back into his seat wishing they where at their destination already "Do you have any plans on confronting this monster the villagers are talking about master?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei turned his face a small bit towards his Padawan. "Goodness. No, actually I haven't. I kind of figured we would just wait until we finally were able to figure out just what exactly the creature was. It doesn't make much sense to make plans about fighting an enemy you know nothing about."

Wei returned his gaze to the window. "Wouldn't you agree, Kyle?"

Kyle nodded his head "yes. It does make sence to wait till you know what your up against to formulate a plan against it" He was still looking out into space "I'm just glad we will be able to help these people with their problems."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei nodded. "During the day, when we are not asleep, we will be helping with construction. At night, we will be keeping watch. Be prepared to help in other ways as well. Keep your eyes open for a task that needs to be done, and get it accomplished."

"Sounds good to me" Kyle said with a smile.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei unbuckled himself from the seat and stood. "Kyle, that's all I have for you right now. Feel free to take this time to do with what you will. Explore the ship, take a nap, read, whatever."

The captain's voice came from the driver's seat. "But if you break my ship, you can be sure that I'll break your face!"

Wei chuckled. "And I'll help. But don't worry, he's just kidding. I think it's safe to say you're a responsible young adult. I'll find you at meal time."

Kyle nodded his head and walked to the sleeping quarters and plopped down on his bunk. He opened his back and moved a few things around before pulling out a large brown book without a title he had found in the Library at the GJO temple

He layed on his side and opened the book to where he had left off last and started to read. in a few minutes he had almost completely forgotten about the mission he was on and was lost in the book.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

After Kyle got up and left, Wei took the co-pilot's seat next to the captain.

"He's a good kid," Wei said.

The captain nodded. "I can tell. You've taught him quite a bit."

Wei chuckled. "I try. But man, I have had some adventures. Like this one time, we were all in the Living Quarters at the Jedi compound, right? When all of a sudden this huge...cat type thing shows up one night. And it's going all over the place..."

----------------

Hours later, Wei still hadn't finished telling the captain all the stories about the adventures he had at the GJO since his joining.

"I must say, kid, you certainly have been busy. But how's about we put this rig on auto-pilot and get us a nap before lunch? Then we can play a game of sabbac." The captain loved sabbac.

Wei smiled. "Naps and lunch are good, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass up the gambling. I might be a Jedi, but I'm also still poor."

Wei got up and went to the cabin he and Kyle were staying in before sliding onto his bed and falling nearly instantly asleep. Wei had only enough time to say, "Lunch when I wake up," and then he was out like a fat kid in a dodge ball game.

Kyle barely heard Wei as he was busy reading his book. after about another hour Kyle heard Wei waking up in the bunk next to his "Havea good nap Master?" He asked closing his book and placing it back into his bag and sitting up on the edge of his bunk.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei rubbed his eyes, and tucked his now somewhat wild hair back into its ponytail.

"Yes, I did. Now then, we can have something to eat."

Wei got to his bag and removed a loaf of bread. But if a person looked harder at the loaf, they would see things sticking out between the slices of bread.

"Ok," he said. "I've got maybe 16 sandwitches here, all baloney and cheese. They're all individually wrapped, so just reach into the bag and grap as many as you like. I don't know how much you'll feel like eating, but I have a whole second bag in case you're just that hungry."

"sounds good" He said walking over and picking up three sandwitches and sat down at the small table that was in their room. He started eating a sandwhitch "Mmmm Good" He mumbled between bites.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast