Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2003 Playoffs

I expect both the Yankees and Braves to win their respective leagues.

Still rooting for the Red Sox though.

Ka' el Darcverse
    I'm cheering for the Sox and who ever plays the Cubs.

JMK
    I'm pulling for the Sox above all, then the Twins. As far as the NL goes, I'd love to see Felipe Alou win a WS and I also wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs end their streak of futility in the post season. A win by the Yanks, Braves and Marlins would kill me. And I really don't have anything against the Marlins' players, but it's not a big secret how I feel about Jeffrey Loria and David Samson.

I know you dispise Lorie. I am rooting for the Sox please god not another Yankees-Braves series, the last two both sucked.

Nah, the first one was a really good series...other than the fact the Yankees won. But it was a pretty dramatic 6 game set.

Not that I remember but I hate the Yankees and Braves so it wouldn't be good for me

I can appreciate great baseball even if I'm not a fan of either team, though I don't mind the Braves so much.

The Twins win Game 1 of the first series of the day.

Yeah I was so happy to see that score Cubs up 4-1 in the 7th right now, Kerry Wood is pitching a heck of a game.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Cubs win! Cubs win!

First road playoff victory since 1945!

Cubs win Game one Wood pitched a brilliant game, got worried there in the 8th with the baseloaded but they somehow got out of it.

JMK
    Baker made a timely switch for Wood. His best stuff was clearly gone and it was best not to tarnish a great performance. What a perfect day of baseball for me. The Yanks, Marlins and Braves all lost. I just pray it happens 2 more times...

LOL Same here Hopefully Pedro will pitch a gem tomorrow night.

jjwr
    Yankee's lose!! Thats definetly a good start. Now if only the Sox can give Pedro about 5 runs they'll be golden.

Clearly we're not all rooting for the same teams. Yet everyone seems to be pulling for Boston.

Salvestro
    Apparently I am the only one rooting for the Marlins....

Go Marlins

I'm rooting for the Fish too. I'd like baseball to succeed in Miami, and this run has brought back alot of their fans.

Plus, I hate the Giants.

JMK
    UGH! Court! Loria and Samson are EVIL! You must join me in hating them!

I can't help it man. I like the story of the scrappy underdog. No one is more of that ilk than the Marlins this year.

I think the Cubs fit that bill better than any other team playing right now only because they haven't won in over 90 years.

The Cubs have far more talent...and have loyal as hell fans. The Marlins are really scrappy, and unloved, something that doesn't come to mind when I think of the Cubs.

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast