Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shell games (Daria)

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    James

Shell games (Daria)

It was a windy day, especially so atop the massive wall surrounding Iziz. Daria and her acquaintence had been given an apartment near the palace, and a message was left there for Daria to meet Silus atop the northern wall of the city. Silus was resting comfortably, enjoying the breeze. Daria wasnt due for another thirty minutes, but Silus had nothing better to do, so here he was. A few guards stood nearby, their purpose was to keep a watchful eye on the newly crowned king's military advisor. Some people in the city harbored ill will toward the new king, so members of the government were naturally protected.

Silus checked his chrono then reached into his coat, removing a small stilletto. The weapon was very small, small enough to conceal in one's hand. He hit the button on the back of it and a razor sharp blade quickly shot out and into place. He tapped the blade once with his finger, then pressed the button again, drawing the blade back into the handle. It was clear that he was getting bored.

This would be the last time he was early for anything...

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Baby.. I may be blind but what I lack in sight I make up for in sensuality ;)

AKA
    Jenny
    Wind was a marvelous thing. It eroded mountains, decimated cities and could kill in one swoop. Though it could not dull the power of the Force, it could hide an approach almost perfectly.

“Hello.”

Daria stood with a thin smile pressed into her lips. She wore no cloak, highly unusual. For her first formal training session, she had donned something akin to Kuto ceremonial garb – breastplate, jerkin, greaves, vambraces and such. It all made a soft shlink as she moved into a bow.

“Silus, I presume?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

AKA
    James
    "Something like that..."

Silus glanced up toward her, squinting his eyes slightly in the sun. It seemed that Daria felt that she should make a good impression, either that, or she couldnt take a gutshot. Either way, Silus seemed to be a bit underdressed for the occassion.....

"Isn't all that kinda heavy?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    The emotionless smile grew as Daria folded her arms over her chest.

“Perhaps for a weakling, yes.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Silus chuckled slightly....

"And I see you arent a weakling, because you can hold that armor up"

Silus pushed himself up and off the wall so that he was now standing up straight...

"Physical strength is good to have, but you know as well as I do that it isnt the only type of strength one can have. There are alot of things that I can do, but I dont. That armor is useless to you now, its only slowing you down."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Very well.”

A few well placed clicks and tugs and the large outer arm slid away, hitting the ground with a dunk. Daria looked as though she probably weighed at least half what she had moments ago, in only a light leather pleat skirt, boots and leather brassiere. The weapons which had been concealed previously were now visible – two boot knives, and knife belt that looked comparable to a bandolier, the latter of which she unbuckled and dropped into the shell of her plating.

One hand on one hip, she smirked, “Now…”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Silus held out his arms, both of his hands closed tight.

"Pick a hand"

He held his stilletto in one of his hands. Basically at this point, one hand continued with training, the other to a lecture. He was curious to see how much latent ability she had with the force, aside from the natural gift that he'd seen her use before...

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Daria quirked an eyebrow but after a moment reached out to point at Silus’ left hand.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Silus put his hands in his coat pockets and started to walk off...

"Follow me"

They walked in silence for a moment. At a glance, Daria seemed a bit impatient, which was ok. Silus was the same way..

"So why'd you pick my left hand?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Most people would pick the right, so if you were bluffing me, whatever I was meant to pick would be in the left. Then again you could have been double bluffing, or triple, even.”

Daria gave a faint shrug of her shoulders, and added in resolve:

“Seemed like the right thing to do.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "Next time, Just look and point"

Silus pulled his left arm out of his pocket and opened his hand, revealing the knife.

"So tell me what you know about the force."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Not very much. I know what it is, and have been able to use it to a small extent to damper my seizures, but aside from that…”

Daria felt momentarily inadequate, before the nonsensical notion passed away.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "And you know that little trick you pulled on our guards...That is possible through the force..."

Silus glanced over and a sly smile spread across his face...

"Its a very effective ability, to manipulate the minds of others....one that I think you have a frighteningly natural grasp on. But you have so much to learn."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “It only works on those whose minds have not been strengthened by the Force,”

She explained, arms folding over her upper body once more.

“As has been proved numerous times, much to my annoyance – but as far as mental abilities in the Force go, it does appear that I have a head start.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "People with the force only have a small natural resistance. It worked on me, but Im a few steps ahead of you, I was able to shrug it off."

Which was true, when he was attacked by her mind trick, he felt himself losing concentration, but his mind was very strong due to years of practice and training...

"Pure ability is but one thing you'll learn. Even a 'weakling' as you put it, can defeat someone who is very strong. Application of ability is the key. Using your abilities when the time is right, for maximum effect. Look at the knife I handed you."

When Daria looked down, instead of seeing a knife, she would see a small snake lunging to strike her face....

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Daria’s heart skipped a beat.

The doz’rah flinched and moved to shift back from the creature. It was an unnatural reaction – on Doz’rah there were animals like this, who they skinned and cooked – and borne mostly out of the sudden change. Somehow, it didn’t feel like it should have felt though.

A muttered curse in Doz’rah and she looked back up at Silus.

“I suppose that was necessary.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "In the second you flinched, I could have took your head off ...application of skills, perfect timing. Goes a long way."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Twisting the blade in her hand, so that the hilt was now firmly in her palm, Daria nodded.

“Teach me application then.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "Its quite simple really. You just have to be familiar with your own abilities, as well as your weaknesses."

Silus stopped and turned to Daria, standing face to face with her.

"Hit me, if you can"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    That was something she could do. In her palm, the blade turned so that the hilt was faced outwards as she drove her clenched fist at Silus’ gut – aiming to sweeten the punch by driving the dagger butt home with it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast