Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well then...(Alpha)

Je'gan Olra'en

Well then...(Alpha)

Olra'en passed by the weapons check with minimal fuss. He handed over the lightsaber and dirk at his belt, and that was more or less that. Even as the weapons were taken, though, he was already looking about the bar for a familiar face.

Any familiar face, Darksiders being about as useful as Jedi in this instance.

Or pretty much anyone wearing Jedi robes.

Alpha
    Satine takes a sip of his drink, feeling a familiar presence in the Force. Cocking an eyebrow, he turns around in his seat, seeing the Sith he recognized as Je'gan looking around...Maybe he was lost?

"Je'gan!" Satine exclaims, waving him over. This was one Dark Sider that he had respect for. He might as well be nice to the guy. "You lost or somethin?"

Je'gan Olra'en
    The Sithling's face brightened as he caught sight of one of the few Jedi he'd consider anything other than enemies.

"Master Capashen," he said cheerily, coming over to take a seat nearby. "I suppose you might call me a bit lost, yes, for lack of a better word. It's been a little while, hasn't it?"

Alpha
    "It has." Satine says, nodding. "Care for a drink? And what do you mean lost? Need some help?"

He smiles. How odd this must look...

Je'gan Olra'en
    Je'gan caught Capashen's smile and cracked a grin himself.

"Well...maybe not lost... More like looking for something.

"Or getting away from something.

"Or whatever." He chuckled. "OK, OK, the real story...it's bloody simple, actually. The Sith Council got a bit tired of me being a generous benefactor of civilization, and kicked me off Corellia, presumably to cause some havoc. Just because I help some girl join the GJO, and treat a fight with some bald Jedi like a formal duel instead of trying to kill him..." He threw up his hands sarcastically. "Overreacting, the lot of them. So what if I act like a Jedi sometimes...I still get the job done, and isn't that what matters?"

Alpha
    "Which job are you talking about?" Satine says, a bit of irony in his voice, "helping people, or being Sith-like?"

Je'gan Olra'en
    "Either or," he replied drily. "As an all-around do-gooder, I'm effective; at backing up my fellow Sith, I do what I can. Fight a Jedi, rescue a comrade...you wouldn't believe the scrapes some of these youngsters can get into if unattended." Je'gan was eighteen, looked it, and knew it; his voice practically dripped sarcasm.

"So what's been keeping you busy lately?"

Alpha
    "Pirate squabbles pretty much everywhere, plus a few 'hunting' trips. Not too much. And as for the youngsters--" and Satine laughs at this--"I have quite a good idea of what they can get into."

Je'gan Olra'en
    "'Hunting?'"

Alpha
    "My term for me going out and trying to take down one or two Sith before they can do something to hurt the innocent. Call it preemptive defense."

Je'gan Olra'en
    Je'gan cocked an eyebrow. "I do hope you're going for known threats and experienced criminals. For some of us, it's just wrong vocation, wrong place, wrong time."

Alpha
    "Oh, I know. I try to go after Sith with a Lord rank or better. Once they're that high, it should just be open game. Don't worry, I'm not petty enough to beat on your side's Apprentices..."

Je'gan Olra'en
    He shrugged. "Fair enough. Dark Lords can take care of themselves, I suppose. Me, I operate along similar, if inverted lines-" his voice turned droll "-I've never challenged a Jedi above the rank of Knight.

"How successful have your 'hunting' trips been of late?"

Alpha
    "Not very. Something always happens to distract one of us. What of you? How's your own little battles been?"

Je'gan Olra'en
    "Decent, decent. I ran backup for the SecCorp incident, and that turned out pretty well. Before that, fought a weird Jedi with impeccable manners and a penchant for turning himself insubstantial. Standstill. And then there's my infernal luck for running into a woman by the name of Kasajian, Sorsha Kasajian...

"But yeah, overall a fairly decent record for a Sith apprentice. No deaths on my hands as yet, but I think I've proven my abilities, to myself at least."

Je'gan snapped his fingers. "That's right...how could I have forgotten? My mistake: I have fought a Jedi above Knight level...you. And that reminds me. I've still got your lightsaber; it's in the weapons locker at the door." He shook his head. "I've been meaning to get that back to you for a while now. Only reason I took it in the first place was that you went berserk and attacked Lord Malice. Not that I blame you, but it was my duty to even up the odds as best I could."

Alpha
    "I understand." Satine says, nodding. Then one thing the Sith said hit him. He raised an eyebrow. "Sorsha Kasajian? I've had my own dealings with her. She's off her rocker, if youask me."

Je'gan Olra'en
    Je'gan nodded, albeit with some reservations. "She does seem a bit power-mad, I guess...although the last time I talked with her she didn't seem insane, exactly..." He shrugged indifferently. "As far as I'm concerned, she's an obstacle. End of story.

"So tell me...planning anything interesting I could get involved in?"

Alpha
    Satine takes a sip of his drink, considering his words.

"I really hadn't had anything planned. You got any kind of ideas?"

Je'gan Olra'en
    "'Hunting.' Dark Jedi are starting to really annoy me."

Alpha
    "Hmmm....An enemy to both the Sith and Jedi...Do you realize how odd this is going to sound when we try to explain it to the higher ups in both our Orders?"

Satine chuckles.

"I'm in."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast