Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Gods: The Demon Moon

Gav Mortis
    The Acolyte was about to release another volley of blaster fire when the giant elsatic band attatched to his back suddenly withdrew having stretched too far and the Mandalorian was suddenly pulled backwards off his feat and launched into the air. Of course there was no giant elastic band but that was the general effect and it didn't make any difference to the Acolyte who was rendered unconcious beneath a burning tavern. Gav was grinning, it was the most he'd been entertained all week. "Well, wasn't that fun!"

"You're right, let's get to--" He said then suddenly, bringing his hands over his head as an explosion high above sent shards of duraplex upon them, he hissed as one of the broken pieces of plex nicked his forearm but quickly resumed his pace along with De'Ville once the unfriendly shower had ended. The glass crunched beneath their boots as they continued down the alley and looking somewhat disgruntled at the sight of a war droid careening through a wall in the street ahead, he glanced across to De'Ville. "So where we going to go? What's the plan?"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    She sucked in her breath, and pulled a sliver of glass out of her arm. Discarding it to the street, she looked around a bit before answering Mortis' question. "The plan is... find the city leaders and offer our assistance. That, and find out what in the hells is going on." Lilaena used the term 'hells' loosely, although if there were such places as the nine hells of Corellian beliefs, this could very well be one of them.

The pair kept by the walls as Iziz defenders came running up the street, to reinforce the overrun defences of the city. A war droid exploded behind them, and Lilaena pointed wordlessly at a...flock of hideous flying beasts that were flying from the city center. They were the Ondoreon Beastriders.

The humans on the backs of the beasts were wearing light armor and carrying weapons, but the creatures themselves were lethal enough. Armored warriors with jetpacks rose to meet the new threat, coloring the sky with a heated air battle.

Mortis and De'Ville headed for the center of the round city.

Gav Mortis
    "Never weigh your good fortunes with a broken balance." Gav grunted as he and De'Ville weaved between an upturned speeder and an unoccupied duracrete anti-vehicle emplacement then into another alley. They had found a shortcut which would lead them straight for the city centre and out of the crossfire. "It means even in the most dire circumstances--"

He removed the large metal disc covering a dark manhole and laughed. "--appreciate every last bit of luck you recieve. Heh, what a load of rubbish."

He unclipped a small glowtorch from his belt and clasping it between clenched teeth he descended into the sewers below. There was a thud as he let go of the ladder and landed on solid ground, he turned on his torch and shouted up with an exhausted voice. "This should take us right below where we want to get too, the sanitation of this place isn't too bad."

Mandalore
    "Beastriders!"

Mandalore's mechanical steed froze in its tracks, as its master halted, drawing an elongated and ornate pistol from his left belt holster.

"FOLLOW ME!"

The warrior-general accelerated forward, followed closely by his chosen warriors and acolytes. The Mandalorians accelerated headlong against the incoming rush of Onderon's most hated weapon. Several acolytes accelerated rapidly with a burst of their jetpacks. The beasts swooped down upon them, tackling them in full and driving them to the ground. Those who charged the beast riders as such would most likely die, but their sacrifice would carry purpose. Mandalore accelerated, chasing down one of the deviating beasts as it pounced an Acolyte. With a skillful shot, he perforated the rider's helmet, causing his body to jerk and fall away from the beast's stirrups, thumping against the ground. The beast paused, confused, as Mandalore loosed a pulse rocket from one of his gauntlets, mortally piercing the animal's chest in a muted blast.

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    James
    Silus was almost to the palace. Sliding up the edge of a wall, he looked out to make sure the coast was clear. Sure enough, it wasnt, as a Basalisk rider dove low to avoid laser fire, and a Beast Rider dove low to meet him. As they met, the Dxun beast lashed out at the wardroid with its claws, while the Basalisk rider tried to dodge him. The two ended up colliding, with both diving off their mounts as the wardroid exploded, killing the beast. As the two drug themselves to their feet, they quickly squared off. As the Mandalorian went for his gun, a blaster bolt ripped through his neck, instantly dropping him. The beastrider looked up to see Silus coming around the corner.

"Is there anyway we can get to the palace with a little bit more cover?"

The Beastrider looked a bit bewildered, but answered, on the account that Silus had saved his life...

"The sewers will take us right under it, from there, there is a secret passage we can take.."

"Excellent, lead the way...."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She followed him down into the sewers, waiting until she was flat footed on the edge that lined the putrid river to comment. "What a wonderful smell you've discovered." De'Ville tried not to breathe in too deeply as she followed the other Sith master deep into the center of Iziz.

As they neared the palace the whumps above them quieted and ceased. This far away from the walls was still peaceful and unaffected. De'Ville reached out through the Force, trying to feel the emotions of the men involved in the defense of the city. She halted just behind Mortis, as he stopped and looked around.

She looked as well, and saw that the 'passage' split into three.

Gav Mortis
    "Eenie, meenie, minie--" Gav muttered then turned to De'Ville. It took a great deal of effort to stretch his face into a grin. "Do you have any preferences?"

She glanced at him then stared at the three passages, shaking her head, she didn't look too pleased. Gav understood; another complication, another delay. He threw an apologetic look then headed for the middle passage. He stopped in the gaping maw and turned back, the light from the glowtorch passed of his face briefly illuminating it in all it's sallow, pale glory. He looked like something from a cheesy, old horror holoflick. "I'll take the middle. So is Miss De'VIlle going to take what's behind door number one or door number three?"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She opened her mouth to retort, and then snapped her head to look down the leftmost passage. "Silus is down there. But he's not alone."

De'Ville squeezed past Gav and his glowtorch, and began walking down the dank passage towards where she'd felt Xilarian.

Gav Mortis
    "I'll leave you to that then." Gav had already disappeared into the heavy dark within the middle tunnel, with only the sound of flowing water and his own footsteps to keep him company. The bright beam from his glowtorch illuminated different spots up ahead but there was no change, just endless tunnel. He could sense De'Ville closing in on Silus, they were far away now and he come to realise something; he had no idea where he was going or what he was doing.

"'Find the city leaders!' She says." Gav mocked De'Ville's voice and grumbled bitterly. "Oh yes, and don't forget to 'Offer our assistance' but 'Oh no! Poor Silus is that way and he's not alone.' Boo bloody hoo!"

Gav scoffed, his eyes had started watering from the strong chemicals in the air around him. He cursed and trudged on aimlessly.

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

AKA
    James
    "Someone is approaching."

The fallen beastrider eased against the wall and drew his blaster. Silus knew immediately who it was.

"Lower your weapon, they are my company."

The Iziz soldier relunctantly obeyed, and holstered his blaster. A smile broke across Silus' face as Lilaena rounded the corner.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

She took in the beast rider and Silus, and smiled briefly. "Imagine meeting you here." De'Ville continued towards them, joining them in their passage. It ran north/south, and would probably take them directly under the palace. "Mortis is taking his own way. We will see him at the palace, I have no doubt."

Mandalore
    The defense stiffened.

Mandalore righted his steed before a particle cannon roared to life. The blast surged past his Basilisk, erupting into a massive explosion. All around, the defenders of Iziz were mobilizing. Large mechanized defenses trundled toward the battle zone, adding to the pandemonium already present. A Juggernaut tank approached down a long avenue, and unleashed its massive firepower at half a dozen entrenched acolytes, incinerating them completely behind their meager fortification. Beyond the tank, numerous other weapons platforms brought up the flanks, further supported by the beast riders of Onderon.

"FORM A PERIMETER! HOLD THE LINE!"

Mandalore gestured to a subordinate to take a nearby building, which would offer trajectory of fire to dislodge approaching Iziz troops. As his lieutenant advanced, the Juggernaut unleashed a broadside, removing the building's western wall from existence. Exposed in a shower of debris, the Mandalorian Lieutenant could do nothing as unrelenting fire cut his squad down.

"We're losing initiative."

Mandalore growled, regrouping his own squad of acolytes. A plan was now needed.

"Saricus, Imacon, withdraw! To the ramparts! Slay all foolish enough to give chase!"

This battle was now ending. The war...endured indefinitely.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Silus gave Lilaena a nod, then turned back to the beastrider.

"How much farther?"
    "We're close."

Looking back to Lilaena he gave a little grin. He really didnt realize it, but he fully intended to get to the palace before Gav. A subtle feeling of victory tinged on the back of his mind...

"Lets get moving..."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Xilarian's sense of competition tinged nearly everything he did. It was sort of cute, as long as he got to win. She draped the edge of her cloak over her arm as they made their way through the sewers, keeping it off of the dirty ground.

And then...she looked up a few seconds before the Iziz soldier stopped walking. De'Ville met his eyes and supplied the words. "We are there."

"Yes..." The young man looked a little unnerved, but carefully opened up the entrance to an underground passage that led into the Palace grounds.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "Lead the way.."

Silus motioned for the soldier to go up first, then Lilaena. After they all scrambled up the ladder, the Soldier hit a button to his side, and the latch popped back shut. A nice little trick for an escape. If one could make it up the entrance without his pursuers seeing him, then most likely they would run right by without another glance.

After a few more minutes, and a few winding tunnels, they stepped from dull durasteel flooring to a more polished durasteel. They stepped on around the corner, which opened into a massive warroom within the palace..

"Nice place"

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"Who are these people? Guards." The word wasn't a screeched command so much as a quiet 'get them out of here' tone. The speaker was a woman with flaming red hair who was standing over a holomap of Iziz with advisors at her elbows.

The Beastrider took off his helmet, revealing under the battle grime and sweat a shock of equally red hair. "Sister, these people saved my life."

She gasped and ran to him, long green dress caught up in her hands. "Giran! I heard your unit was hit...I feared..." The woman stopped short of actually hugging and covering him with sisterly kisses, but her relief was evident. De'Ville raised an eyebrow, and looked sideways at Silus. He peeked back at her, looking amused at the entire situation. And smug that Gav was no where around.

Giran looked at Silus, and then back at his sister. "Amanoa, this man...he has the knowledge. I can tell."

Amanoa looked at Silus sharply, who looked attentive. She looked back at her brother. "We don't need help."

"It looks like they're being beaten back, Princess." A military looking man looked up from where he was bent over the circular tactical display The princess looked relieved.

"Finally. This one was too close. They're getting too good at this." She seemed to realize that there were two perfect strangers standing in her warroom, and she looked at Silus. "I am Princess Amanoa of Onderon, daughter to King Oron. My father is sick, or I am sure he would be here greeting you himself. And this is Prince Giran."

The knowledge? Surely this boy hadn't sensed Silus using the Force...although Force sensitivity seemed to run in the Onderonean royals, if history was any judge. And you certainly have an interesting name, Amanoa... Lilaena watched the room, noting the placements of the guards and the military advisors and tactitians, waiting for Silus to make introductions.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Prince? Now this is interesting....

Silus had to hide the smile that was trying to form. If anything coulda been a bigger stroke of luck. He remained serious however.

"My name's Silus Xilarian, and this is my companion Lilaena De'Ville...We came to tour the city, but things seem a bit....dire."

Silus glanced over toward Giran for a moment.

"I think we may be able to help...."

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

"We don't get many off worlders on Onderon. Merchants, mostly. The Cizerack Pride once sent a ship to try and open a trade agreement with us, but found it wasn't profitable enough." Amanoa sounded slightly bitter. "We just don't get out much, I guess.

"As far as help, I doubt you could." She looked at her brother, and Lilaena noticed the look that passed between them. "However, on Giran's insistance, I will listen to what you have to say."

Giran ran his fingers through his hair, still holding his helmet under his arm. "The enemy we face are called the Mandalorians. Led by Mandalore, their warchief, these beings have squatted on our planet for centuries. For many years they did nothing but learn how to survive in the jungles, and then for many more years all they have done is try to over take and rule our city." He wiped his hand on his armour, it's style similar to that which Lilaena had seen the attackers wearing.

Amanoa interrupted, "I am sure we don't need a history lesson, Giran, Why don't you go back to your men, and I will speak with our guests." She gracefully showed Silus and De'Ville a door to a more comfortable room, and Giran screwed his helmet back on and left abruptly. "To be honest, this new Mandalore is craftier than the generations previous to him." She studied them carefully as they all three sat down. "Why would you two be so interested in assisting us?"

"I thought the Mandalorians had died out centuries ago." De'Ville watched Amanoa carefully for signs of duplicity.

She waved her hand dismissively. "Ah, well, to the rest of the galaxy, yes, they did. But here on Onderon they are alive and quite well, unfortunately. We are unable to flush them out of their cities, as they dwell right under the atmospheric bridge." At their blank looks, she added, "The moon shares Onderon's air once a year at a specific point in it's orbit. The creatures from Dxun, flying beasts, make a deadly migration every year. The place our enemy choses to live is so thick with creatures and deadly plants that it would be suicide to try and attack them on their own ground."

Amanoa added, "Of course, that's all that's kept their numbers down. After a few thousand years, they should have repopulated the entire planet, but the creatures claim what we cannot destroy."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "These flying beasts, are they like the ones some of your warriors ride into battle? If it hadnt been for those, you would not have won this battle."

Silus replied bluntly. While he did speak politely, he wasnt going to sugarcoat the situation.

"They seem to have your ground defenses better than you do. An adjustment in your defense seems to be the only way you will survive the next battle."

There was something about Amanoa that caught Silus' attention. While she didnt show any outward signs that she was being dishonest, something tugged at the back of his mind. She almost seemed to be hiding something, and hiding it very well...

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The princess sighed, and agreed with Silus. "Indeed, if it were not for our beastriders we would have been overrun years ago. As far as adjusting our defense, we have beaten back all the attacks so far. I see no need ..." She trailed off, watching the two virtual strangers in front of her.

"You seem to know a lot about military strategy, Mr. Xilarian. What is it that you do, exactly?"

De'Ville listened with half an ear to the goings on in the room around here. Where had Gav disappeared to? And the Mandalorians...that was an interesting development. Perhaps if...

The white haired advisor knocked and then opened the door. "Forgive my intrustion, mi'lady, but the Mandalorians are in full retreat. Repair teams are being dispatched to the walls and generators even as we speak."

Lilaena shot Silus a look that said, We need to talk....alone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast