Thread: Challenge to any padawan (open to a padawan)

Drake Lonerunner

Challenge to any padawan (open to a padawan)

Drake entered the recruitment center filled with alot of energy and was ready for some sparing of any kind. He watched all the jedi who were training. Drake took out his sword and began to slice through the air over and over again wile he awaited a challenge for some of the Jedi who were trainng. After a few minutes a dark cloaked figure appeared from the shadows but drake couldn't tell who it was. All he new was this was the challenge he was ready for so he put away his sword and took of his cloak ready to greet the dark cloaked man.

Syrius Cline
    Syrius shrugged off his jacket. Underneath was a hooded sweatshirt, which he had up, giving the appearence of a hood when not clearly focused apon. He layed his jacket on the ground.

"Hello Mate. Beautiful morning and all that, right? Hmm... I assume you come ready for a spar? Well, shall we?"

Syrius glanced over at a rack of training katanas. Wooden swords, meant to imulate real swords or lightsabres. So as the trainees won't actually decapitate the other.

"Well, if you're up for a spar, I'd rather fisticuffs. My sabre skills aren't worth a credit. Though if you have your heart set, I suppose I can give it a go. Your choice mate."

OOC - I'm assuming the "dark cloaked man" is meant to leave it open. Not that you have a person in mind that in fact is wearing a dark cloak.

Nomak
    Nomak was roaming the halls when he came across a room where his new found friend was. He slowly enterd and stood still, hoping to learn something new

Drake Lonerunner
    Drake grinned at sirus. Drake was in the mood for a sword. He threw one wooden sword to syrus.He cought it in the air and cut threw the air a couple of times. Drake picked up his and swung it around a litte bit trying to get the feeling with it.

"Maybe now sirius you can get some experience with a sword?"

Drake was an experience swordsman and wasn't quite used to wooden swords. As drake swung it around he notice a familiar figure appear through the door. It was th alien who he met in the B&G the other day. Drake greted him and prepared himself for the first attack of Syrius.

Syrius Cline
    "Oh... great..." Syrius said under his breath, not confident at all. "Here goes nothing."

Syrius slowly walked towards Drake, sizing him up. Maybe Syrius wouldn't need to rely so much on the sword. A wise teaching would suggest that when someone has a weapon, they are thinking only of that weapon. They forget their hands, arms, feet, legs, are also weapons. They focus on the sword or what have you, not on their own body. Syrius learned on Alderaan that you didn't need weapons to take someone down. Or Strong Force ability.

Finally, he had made his move. He lunged forward. With a diagonal slash from top right to lower left, he stopped his swing as Drake blocked it. Which was above his shoulder. Syrius slammed his entire body into the man. If this was a real lightsabre fight, he'd most likely get impaled inadvertedly. But they were using wooden swords. He didn't notice, but if part of the blade had touched him, it wouldn't leave a large mark.

He drove Drake to the ground, himself on top of him, losing his own sword in the process. He grabbed Drake's wrist, trying to get his sword away from him. Even with Drake's wishes for a sword fight, Syrius would need to get the instrument away from him to stand a chance.

Drake Lonerunner
    Syrius wiht all his efforts managed to grad the sword stick away from him. Now he held the weopon thinking he controlled the fight. But he was sadly mistaken, Drake extended his arm and pulled the other stick which Syrius lost while jumping on to him. He caught the stick in the air and was prepared once again to defend himself or attack.

"I have some knoledge of the force some taking my weaopons away from me is pointless."

Drake ran towards syrius and swung at his head.

Syrius Cline
    "Oh great. You've got that force grabby trick down. Another thing I need to work on."

Syrius dropped to the ground, leaning towards Drake. As Drake ran at him, Syrius did a roll at his ankles, taking him to the ground. Syrius got up and turned around. Holding the stick, which felt profoundly odd in his hand, he swung it down towards Drake.

Drake Lonerunner
    AS drake feel he lost the weopon again, but he quickly saw his next attack and blocked the swing with his foerarm. He the grab the stick pulled it and punched Sirius in the face. Drake then pusjed Sirius away and got back up.

"That was close"

Drake using the force aagain pulled the saith back yo his hand reday to strike again.

Syrius Cline
    Syrius stumbled back until a voluntary counter-movement of his feet stopped him. Syrius looked at his stick... it was long. Not as long as he'd like, but it might work.

He brought the stick up above his head, holding both ends. Then he pushed it downward into his uprising knee. The stick broke in half.

Syrius ran towards Drake. He swung with one of the sticks at Drake's face. He blocked it but Syrius span and hit the back of Drake's knee with the other stick. He then brought the first stick around and hit Drake on the back of the head.

Nomak
    " Nice Move"

Drake Lonerunner
    As Syrius went for the second hit Drake rolled out of the way. Syrius hit plain cement and lost some of his balance. Drake got up swung the stick on his back, he fell to the floor.

Syrius got up, and lunged toward Drake. Drake (as syrius ran towards him) Hi-jumped kicked him right in his face. Syrius fell on the floor. Blood started to poor form his nose. As Drake wen to finish it off, out of nowere Syrius got up and found the energy to dodge Drake s attack. He block it and grabbed the weapons from out of his hands and hit him right in the middle of his head, breaking the stick in half.

Drake feel backwards on his back placing his hands on his head.

Syrius Cline
    OOC - I hate to do this but I have to ask you to edit your post. Syrius can't move things with the Force yet. In fact he has NO force ability under his control. Could you maybe edit your post to take out that Force bit?

Syrius Cline
    Syrius dropped all the weapons in his possesion. He looked down on Drake.

"Mate, you okay?"

OOC - Thank you for your understanding. You're awesome.

Drake Lonerunner
    ooc: no poblem

ic:
    Drake got up, nodded his head and looked in the mirror. He saw a giant red looking bump on his fore head.

"Wow...... nice move your pretty good at this stuff man"

Syrius Cline
    "On the force they trained you like crazy. On Alderaan, where I'm from, they don't believe in weapons. So I know my close combat. Oh, and thanks."

Drake Lonerunner
    Drake nodded and quickly put on some ice to slow the sweling down.

"So you wanna continue the spar or stop and continue another time"

Drke waited for a responce

Syrius Cline
    "Well, I'm aching too. Maybe we should call it quits before we become black and blue, head to toe, eh?"

Drake Lonerunner
    Drake nodded and left the room after saying good bye to Syrius