Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: At the top of a waterfall. (open)

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    :: Anbira staggered at the force on his throat. It now presented him with a dire problem. It took all his control to subdue Vega completely. He had no room for his talents to offer himself protection. The Jedi faltered, reaching a hand to his throat. If he cut the Lupine loose, he would instantly turn on him. If he did not, he would suffocate soon. As powerful in the Force as he might be, his body was well with age, and could not take much punishment of this kind. Eyes intense, Anbira pressed a fisted hand forward, and Vega became a Lupine torpedo, hurtling back toward his master with impressive speed...head-first like a battering ram... ::

Venom
    He had used his sbare to block the shots of the Jedi reflecting them back to their source and was turning to resume his advance on the woman when in a blaze of sparks and shrapnel, the mace exploded into pieces. His armour protected him from most of the flying bits, but some did pierce his protection, lodging into his face and body. The sudden pain mattered little, what was more startling was the mace was destroyed so unexpectantly.

Howling in fury, Venom turned and threw the remaining piece in his hand at Q''Dunn, before bellowing his anger and rage outwards, gathering his mind and his body, then going into a full speed rush to the woman, intent on crashing her over iand trampling her n his animalistic fury.

Helenias Evenstar
    The destruction of the mace had it's intended effect - it denied the huge Dark Jedi of one weapon and as I prepared to meet his charge, gave me another. His own anger and thoughtlessness. As he rushed, I stood my ground, the sabre up to my face as I went enguarde and waited as a Jedi should - with patience, calm, at peace. I closed my eyes, feeling in the Force when he was close and when he was lashing outwards with his sabre - as he drew close enough and attacked, his own pace took him past me as I neatly sidestepped, but left the deadly sabre blade still in his path, now horozontal and directly in his path, with no hope to avoid.

Venom
    There was nowhere to go. He ran straight into the sabre, the steel armour only giving him a chance to wheel away, to make the damage less. But he could still feel the fire and the burning of the sabre, it still had gone into his abdomen too far, cutting cyborg parts and internals. he staggered, with only my fury keeping me upright.

"You... will... pay.... for... that!" he snarled. But he knew that would be hollow words if he did not execute Q'Dunn and do it now, he would be too weak soon. He had to use his anger and Dark Side powers to stay on his feet. She had to die now. He managed to step forward and smash down savagely with his sabre - he felt dark glee as he saw her stagger under the sheer pwoer of the stroke, almsot driven to her knees. Again he came forward, driving at her, slashing and smashing as violently and and as savagely as he could. He saw she would be no match for his strength as he almost hit her off her feet with a horozontal stroke

Lion El' Jonson
    Lion couldn't hold back any longer...

"Mistress Q'Dunn!" Lion yelled as he ran towards her and Venom as they battled, pulling out his saber with his unbroken arm...

Helenias Evenstar
    The assault was unexpected – I had thought it would have been fatal, for a being to run into a light sabre, should have been fatal. Yet, Venom stood and had even commenced an attack like I had never faced. It was brutal and his power was so far beyond mine, I knew that if it lasted, I was lost. On pure physical strength, I was no match, not when Venom could put al that weight and superior reach behind his blows. It was even negating my speed, for I had to take longer to recover than normal from each strike. One horizontal hit actually hit me into the air and I stumbled backwards, trying to keep on my feet. How in the Force had he managed to stay on his feet, let alone be capable of unleashing this assault?

There was only one thing I could do. I stepped sidewards, noting Venom didn’t move as fast as I knew he could and called the Force Pike to my hand, even as he did resume his attack on me.

“STAY …. BACK! I yelled as I sensed, rather than heard a Padawan coming to my aid – There was no Padawan that could withstand the power of the Dark Jedi, not for more than a few seconds. Venom attacked again, with myself trying to batter away his attacks one handed as I backed away, cornering myself, waiting for the right timing… Venom pulled back his sabre and it was all the break I needed. As he struck at me again, the Force Pike whipped up and intersected with this blade. The Pike sparked and glowed as a result of the meeting, but the Cortoris cover did it’s work, shutting off Venom’s sabre. I felt his surprise in the Force, which turned to agony as I attacked without mercy. He had no chance to react or back away as I cut him to pieces. Sparks flew and I smelt burning flesh and electricals. I cut his limbs off, slashed and hacked, screaming out in triumph as I rid the universe of this monster. Even as the pieces hit the ground, I swung viciously with my Pike, spearing the helmet with a sickening crunch and fired the Pike straight into Venom’s brain. I heard the sizzle and then the gruesome pop as an eyeball exploded, gore coming out of the viewholes of the steel helmet. The remains flopped on the ground, completely lifeless.

There was no way anyone could survive this and that is what I wanted. Venom was not going to come alive again, never. I stared at the evil helmet, before placing my foot on it and then pulling out the Pike.

Twice now I had beaten Venom and twice he had died. This time, I knew there could not possibly be a return. Wiping some sweat of my forehead, I walked away, satisfied. Now it was time for myself to see how the evacuation o of the villagers was going, for I sensed the still going other fight was not mine to join in.

Now…. Where were all the Padawans….?

Zeke staggered over to Helenias, exhausted from battle.

"Is it over?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei ran over to where everyone was gathering. "I sure hope so."

Wei was exhausted and now that he had time to think, he finally began to notice the guilty feelings tugging at his heart.

"I shouldn't have been so trusting, huh?"

Evil Hobgoblin
    It was to the Jedi Master's credit that he'd been able to make use of Vega's very body as a weapon. Indeed, Vega was fast approaching Hob's position, and a bulky figure such as Vega's would make for a disarming impact.

But as fast as Anbira could propel his unwilling missile, the smaller Hob could propel himself faster.

Up, into the air leapt Hob, who cleared his apprentice by a good five feet, moving closer to his foe. In midfall, Hob let go of his Force Grip concentration and released another deadly power- that of Force Lightning.

But Hob's Force Lightning had a curious twist to it. Hob privately had named it Burn Lightning, for if it touched flesh or clothing, the target would be set aflame.

It remained to be seen whether Anbira had what it took to stop him. But Hob did not think of such things as the remaining energy he'd drained boiled forth from him. His focus was on victory.

imported_Lance Stormrider
    :; Lance ran towars Helenias::

"Alright is everything ok mistress?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Charley
    :: In a deft moment of quick concentration, Anbira's focus shifted from Vega's airborne form to that of a half-rotted log, closer to him. As the Lupine regained control of his body, he tumbled hard across the ground, hitting a tree. In the same breath, Anbira brought the rotted log around, which exploded into splinters and spark showers, meeting Hob's lightning. Burning bits rained around him, but the brunt was expended. As the remnants burned and scattered, they suddenly changed trajectory, sending a wave of coals in Hob's direction. ::

Evil Hobgoblin
    Though Hob had just expended the energy he'd taken from the nearby surroundings, his personal Force reservoir had as yet been untapped. The suddenness of Anbira's reverse strike forced him to draw on it.

What was needed was some balance, and so Hob provided it.

His body dropped unnaturally fast and to the left. Vega's body, on the other hand, was drawn up higher, and to the right. With a cartwheel, Hob had removed himself from the path of the coals entirely, righting himself and throwing a Force strike at Anbira's neck even as he did so.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Again, he hit the floor with a wet thud - being used as a weapon certainly wasn't something he was taking a liking to, and his nature reaction, as ever, was to lash out. From his position, half-sitting on the ground, he threw one hand out at Anbira to attempt to tear the Jedi off balance; whislt taking the moment of clarity to get his own footing back, Seraphim jumping back to hand.

Lion El' Jonson
    ...Lion watched, in wonder, as the three force users battled...it was a sight to see, and only the throbbing in his broken arm reminded him that this was a war zone...

...Anbira looked like he was holding his own, but he also looked like he was getting tired...Mistress Q'Dunn was still exhausted, it seemed, too...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314